Has anyone heard of this offer yet?

cowanfamily

I came across this offer on another board. I wasn't sure if it had any validity to it or not. Has anyone heard of this yet?

"Hi my friends, we have our trip already booked for september with the FD, but i know that a lot of fellow disers are waiting for this big new, (THIS IS INTERNAL INFORMATION) ok, this is the NEW FREE DINING OFFER, it will be available for all in AUGUST 3 .

these are the dates and the conditions of the new offer

Bookings Between August 3, 2011 - December 17, 2011
Travel Dates
October 2, 2011 - October 8, 2011
October 23, 2011 - November 5, 2011
November 13, 2011 - November 19, 2011
November 27, 2011 - December 3, 2011
December 11, 2011 - December 17,

Free Quick Service Dining for values and regular dining for moderates deluxe and villas

Minimum Stay: 3 Nights – Maximum Stay: 14 Nigths.

THE CODE FOR THIS PROMOTION WILL BE FCX FOR VALUES WITH QUICK SERVICE DINING AND FCY FOR MODERATES DELUXE AND VILLAS WITH REGULAR DINING.

I know that this will make a lot of people very very happy and for that reason I share this will all of you.

Have a magical vacation and be ready for August 3"

boufa

This sounds about the right amount of lead time. The last FD offer leaked as a rumor a couple of days before the effective date.

Its either true or a very detailed hoax.

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

I say Amen to the fact that Free Dining takes off $2000. on a family of 5's 10 night stay......Love to see it.

It's going to be great to modify and have the refund posted to our 2012 reservation.

Upvote 0

drp4video

Ah, but is it really free? or s there a photo packet included in the package which you are paying for.

I am going September 3, staying at POFQ, and I got the room only discount and will buy my passes separately because when I looked at my cost, and then I compared it to a package with the free dining, the free dining added extra dollars the cost, and it cost much more than buying everything separately.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
On that other forum, they also pointed out that the codes the OP listed were from 3 years ago. I don't know if this is true or not, but if so, someone is likely trying to stir up some pooh.

Upvote 0

UrbanDonovan

On that other forum, they also pointed out that the codes the OP listed were from 3 years ago. I don't know if this is true or not, but if so, someone is likely trying to stir up some pooh.

This could possibly be true. We're planning a trip for the first week of December and we recently got a pin code in the mail for 20% off the stay if you book by August 2nd. I see the free dining starts on August 3rd, so, who knows?

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

*sigh*
Really? They haven't dropped that free dining nonsense yet?
I guess they are determined to kill the dining at the resort.

I thought the discounts were supposed to go away?

Unfortunately since the free dining has come along the food quality has definately taken a dive. In order to cover the cost of the free dining it seems that they have been using cheaper ingrediants, have less menu options and there has been an increasing similarity of menus between restaurants which is taking away the magic of dining. It is not quite the tour of the taste buds it once was. I do still enjoy eating at many restaurants, but it is just not what it was.

Upvote 0

Scuttle

I say Amen to the fact that Free Dining takes off $2000. on a family of 5's 10 night stay......Love to see it.

It's going to be great to modify and have the refund posted to our 2012 reservation.

You do realize that your paying rack rates when you get free dining right? Also lee your right, the dining plan is a joke. It has killed spontaneous dining.

Upvote 0

Club34

I too feel that it has killed spontaneous dining (well, if you go during crowded times and have more than 2 in your party) but really it has killed the quality of service and food in my opinion. The menus are totally homogenized. There is always the chicken dish and the "beef" dish. I say "beef" because the cuts are generally very poor. I had the short rib at chefs de paris a year ago and was severely disappointed (especially since it was the first meal of the trip- you know you always want that meal to be really good). I know money is tight and I should be thoughtful of folks who want to have a disney experience with their family but i feel that it has come at a cost for others. ten years ago, i think dining was an actual experience at the resort but no longer. However, there is always hope. I like the fact that they changed le cellier to a sig restaurant. Hopefully that will weed out some of those on "disney food stamps" :lookaroun and I'll actually be able to get a table. sorry if i ruffled some feathers with that.

Upvote 0

Lee

Adventurer
^
You are exactly right.
In order to pay for the discounted and free dining they have reduced menu and portion sizes, and changed to lower quality cuts of beef, etc.

Upvote 0

bryPOD

I wish the days of the dining plan would end. I too feel it has ruined the dining experience at WDW. There is nothing more satisfying than to see how happy a server is when they ask if you're on the dining plan and you respond "no".

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

Nothing is free. Nothing. Someone somewhere is paying for it either literally or in reduced quality, quantity, or experience.

I agree... nothing is really free. It may be packaged to resemble a giveaway, but it never is free.

The people using free dinning do not have a discounted room rate. A lot of the people who opt out of the free dinning take the room discount. You will be hard pressed to find someone who says "no, I will not accept the savings". Disney obvously feels there is more revenue in offering it, then not offering it. The proof is the fact that they continue to release additional dates extending the promotion.

Sales 101: If people believe they are getting a great deal they buy.

I would be curious to find out how many guests are paying rack rates without any form of discount. Also... are there any figures that show what it actually costs WDW to do a family of 4, 7 day vacation w/ resort, tickets and dinning?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom