Epcot Millennium Central removal, possible

HMF

Original Poster
Permits have been filed for refurbishment on the "Pin Central" area in Innoventions Plaza at Epcot. Whether this means the end of the Millennium tarps is unknown but likely.
http://www..com/2011/07/27/refurbishment-epcot-pin-central-permit-filed/

jt04

You're right. Who cares about new attractions, new shows, new parades. As long as they take down some tarps, that will show us a bold new vision.

Since all of your ideas are at least a year or two away I stand by my statement.

Taking down the tarps will have a similar impact as taking down the wand. There are so many people who have never known SSE without the tarps and most will be very pleased if/when they are removed.

IMO :king:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Since all of your ideas are at least a year or two away I stand by my statement.

Taking down the tarps will have a similar impact as taking down the wand. There are so many people who have never known SSE without the tarps and most will be very pleased if/when they are removed.

IMO :king:

I'd much rather them remove the tombstones in front of SSE.

Monorail_Orange

I know many folks on here have clamored for the longest about the removal of the clutter, BUT the tarps do help ease the sun beating down on you as you walk through the middle of the CommuniCore. I will miss the shade they provided, yet I will enjoy the uncluttered view. IF this happens, I call it a wash. I do think I'd rather see that budget spent elsewhere = i.e. SSE descent

aladdin2007

I know many folks on here have clamored for the longest about the removal of the clutter, BUT the tarps do help ease the sun beating down on you as you walk through the middle of the CommuniCore. I will miss the shade they provided, yet I will enjoy the uncluttered view. IF this happens, I call it a wash. I do think I'd rather see that budget spent elsewhere = i.e. SSE descent

Got that right, its falling apart in there, Siemens should be ashamed as well as Disney.

puntagordabob

Removing pin central would be nice.... but as for the tarps say what you like they do provide some reduction of the direct heat of the sun

Bravo 229

Got that right, its falling apart in there, Siemens should be ashamed as well as Disney.

Last time I rode it, I looked up during that part and you could see holes in the false ceiling. It almost looks as if they just put up some black curtains and a cheap ceiling to cover up the old scenery. Hopefully someday it will have a nice set in there once again!

blm07

I seriously doubt they will remove Pin Central, it would be nice to have less shops, but that shop is always crowded. The tarps, eh, that doesn't bother me too much. I want to know what it's like without them though. The tombstones are #1 in my book.

PalisadesPkteer

If you look at pictures of the tarps you will notice you can see right through them.

The tarps really do not provide shade. The Electric Umbrella ones do to a certain degree but not these.

The tombstones need to be moved somewhere else on property or replaced with something else for those who bought their tiles. If a new way to display them is done then it need to be else where also. They need to get the entrance area open again.

blm07

The tombstones need to be moved somewhere else on property or replaced with something else for those who bought their tiles. If a new way to display them is done then it need to be else where also. They need to get the entrance area open again.

They could place dynamite inside the tombstones, crush them up into tiny pieces, and use them to repave some of the bathrooms with a nice shinny look.

DznyRktekt

The metal tiles with the LAL faces should be moved to the Contemporary. They could be mounted to any number of vertical surfaces and would fit in very nicely with the look and theme of the resort.

TheDisneyMagic

Hopefully they either repair, replace or remove the digi screen on the back side of pin central. The bottom section of it has been broken since before Christmas.

rangerbob

Those tarps are shade cloth. There are different % of sun rays that they do block out. I placed some of this out in my garden and the temps dropped 5 - 15 degrees without the direct sun on the plants. My tarp is 8' off the ground. I purchased the 60% cloth that Lowes sells, but I've seen them from 30 - 90% ratings. The permit may be to replace the cloth with new since that has been up there since 2000 and some have a 15 year rating on them.

If you look at pictures of the tarps you will notice you can see right through them.

The tarps really do not provide shade. The Electric Umbrella ones do to a certain degree but not these.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom