A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

joanna71985

Holly, I have a question. I heard on another message board that you aren't allowed to take pictures of the shows on the Dream. Do you know if that's true?

foreverbelle

Wahoo!!! Wilderness...love it. Its fabulous.

Ok so I am going to have to add Flying Fish to list of restaurants that we must try apparently. Sounds and looks delicious..Yum...

Everest is sad to see without the full effects but I still think its a great ride!

I cant wait to hear about what your thoughts on V&A....and for the rest.

erstwo

Okay, I'm all caught up now! I must say, although I was so ready to get home to my pets and my bed and my house in general, I am a little jealous that you got to straight to the Wilderness Lodge from the Dream!

Loving all of your photos of Animal Kingdom. In a way I can't wait for more, but in a way, I don't want the end of this Trip Report to ever come!

meganw1985

I just got a new computer as the last one finally went kaput. So as soon as I can get all my pics uploaded, I'm going to start my report on CC so I'll let ya know.

angieandtrevor

YAY.....Congratulations !!!!

Oh my gosh Holly, I have MIA for the last few months and boy have I missed a lot. We finally moved in to our house so I now have no excuses and I have stayed up late many nights catching up on your review.....Amazing job !!!! Congratulations on your wedding, you looked absolutely stunning and what a perfect day, so glad that everything turned out like a dream :)

I loved the cruise review, I am still working on the hubby to do a 7-day on the Magic in the fall with the little man. What a great way to celebrate our 5-year anniversary and although I am certain Oliver (our baby boy) would be thrilled with any vacation, this mama really needs a Disney fix. What is your opinion on spending the extra for Disney to take a 1-year old.....are we nuts, should we wait?

Tidbit

I loved the cruise review, I am still working on the hubby to do a 7-day on the Magic in the fall with the little man. What a great way to celebrate our 5-year anniversary and although I am certain Oliver (our baby boy) would be thrilled with any vacation, this mama really needs a Disney fix. What is your opinion on spending the extra for Disney to take a 1-year old.....are we nuts, should we wait?

ok I know I'm not the one you asked the question too, but I'm gonna give you my answer!:wave: DO IT! Spend the extra money, and have a day or two in WDW. You guys live so far away that I think that if you don't you will regret it. Just remember that it's not going to be like any other trip you have had before.....now you have a sweet little Prince, and will not ba able to share some of the "big thrills" with such a little man. However, I think it would be a great start to many future trips! You will see WDW in the eye's of a little one, and from what I have read can be such a great treat!

angieandtrevor

ok I know I'm not the one you asked the question too, but I'm gonna give you my answer!:wave: DO IT! Spend the extra money, and have a day or two in WDW. You guys live so far away that I think that if you don't you will regret it. Just remember that it's not going to be like any other trip you have had before.....now you have a sweet little Prince, and will not ba able to share some of the "big thrills" with such a little man. However, I think it would be a great start to many future trips! You will see WDW in the eye's of a little one, and from what I have read can be such a great treat!

Thank you so much and I have to agree with you. I have to say that this last year has been amazing and there is nothing like seeing things through your child's eyes for the first time. I am a huge Disney fan and I still remember the first time we walked through the gates at Magic Kindom. I can just picture his little head moving so quickly to see everything around, he is a very happy baby and I just know that he would love every moment of it......now to convince my husband :)

DisneyFan1003

Thank you so much and I have to agree with you. I have to say that this last year has been amazing and there is nothing like seeing things through your child's eyes for the first time. I am a huge Disney fan and I still remember the first time we walked through the gates at Magic Kindom. I can just picture his little head moving so quickly to see everything around, he is a very happy baby and I just know that he would love every moment of it......now to convince my husband :)

I'll second that! We went last June with our daughter who was 7 months old at the time and had a blast. Definitely a totally different type of vacation, but we loved it. She traveled well and, although she'll never remember it, we will!

Tidbit

I'll second that! We went last June with our daughter who was 7 months old at the time and had a blast. Definitely a totally different type of vacation, but we loved it. She traveled well and, although she'll never remember it, we will!

Well the first time we went to WDW my kids were 7,9, and 11. I would have loved to go when they were little, so they could just "play", and not worry about "pre-teen" stuff. Now they are all grown up....well there TEENAGERS! :ROFLOL: Trips are even more fun now 'cause we all love the big thrills, and we are all "tall" enough to play!!

ok now back to this AWESOME trip report, but I think Holly fell asleep at the computer.......HOLLY! HOLLY! HEY HOLLY! WAKE UP! We want MORE!:ROFLOL: really can't wait for a new update.

plaz10

ok now back to this AWESOME trip report, but I think Holly fell asleep at the computer.......HOLLY! HOLLY! HEY HOLLY! WAKE UP! We want MORE!:ROFLOL: really can't wait for a new update.

If I'm correct...I believe Holly is again adventuring in the World! Lucky thing! So she'll owe us another TR soon! ha ha!

TakeMeThere81

If I'm correct...I believe Holly is again adventuring in the World! Lucky thing! So she'll owe us another TR soon! ha ha!

Yes I think you are right. I think I read that in another thread! So does this mean that we will get to have some awesome back-to-back Trip Reports??!! :drevil::D:D:D

Tidbit

Yes I think you are right. I think I read that in another thread! So does this mean that we will get to have some awesome back-to-back Trip Reports??!! :drevil::D:D:D

OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!! I just might have to drive the 6 hours to Orlando, and tell her "bad bad girl" for leaving us hanging like that!:ROFLOL: Oh wait I can just stay and play too!! Oh how I wish!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
We're at the airport now! Of course, there are stowaways in tow!

b9668b1b.jpg

I'm sure there will be a trip report, although, I can't make any promises that you'll see it before 2012. :lol:

I really do have all intentions of responding to everyone and updating this thread before the end of the weekend. Really. :lookaroun

Ahem... Still waiting on that trip report of yours, Jess! :animwink:

mamamouse

I love that u take pics of tyhe stoaways ,it actually gave me an idea of something to do on my solo trip as a surprise to my girls:)

sweetpee_1993

Um, I think this actually makes 2 or 3 TRs in addition to finishing this one. :lookaroun Must be nice! :lol:

Seriously. Holly, I think maybe there's a point in your 'year of Disney' that you should start combining & abbreviating or maybe just hitting the highlights if you bother posting the adventures at all. Maybe you should just put your books together for you first. Of course, that's after you finish this report. :D I just don't want to see you get burned out or so behind that you feel so discouraged that we never see any reports ever again. Ya know?

Honestly, I can't think of a better people to have a 'year of Disney'. Y'all are the sweetest and totally appreciate every moment. And just think how many more characters will be swarming your character tree this Christmas! Wow!

sleepybear

So it's been, like, 7 months since I've been on WDWmagic. And what's one of the first things I see? This awesome, stupendous, tremendous trip report. It really made me smile. Congrats, Holly and Bret! May your future hold nothing but happiness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom