You might be a Disney Park snob if...

finaldynasty

Original Poster
Just returned from a family trip to Tampa and found myself at every turn comparing BG to WDW. I missed how WDW makes sure you do not see grounds folks cutting grass or planting flowers while the park is open.

So, I admit...I compared everything to WDW, even the BG water park, Adventure Island, as well as the shows, which pail in comparison to WDW's.

So, you might be a Disney snob like me if you questions a theme parks theming and compare it to WDW at every turn...

Crockett

Banned
I'm guilty of this as well. The only park that isn't too far a stretch from WDW is Dollywood. But yeah, at Six Flags, BG, and other regional parks, I am always thinking the: "Disney wouldn't do this", or "Disney wouldn't do that". I probably shouldn't, since each park is different & unique, and if every park was like Disney...then Disney wouldn't seem as special. But it just happens, so yes, I am a big Disney snob.

cameronmouse

I do the same exact thing, at every park I go to whether it's sesame place, Hershey etc. , I think it's safe to say that Disney makes all of us have higher standards for what we experience

EvilQueen-T

we're the same way. disney keeps the parks etc... clean, keeps the experience as visitor oriented as possible, and really sets the bar that the rest of the parks are chasing imo. i think it's why when a cm is working and does or says something less disney that we react so strongly...those sort of things just aren't suppose to happen at disney lol.

quirkle

:ROFLOL: I am a Disney snob from birth - my parents would not even bring us to any other park and I was born in 1973. My husband calls me a snob because no matter where I am I compare it to Disney!

liloohana

For anyone that has ever been to Dutch Wonderland...
taking your child's picture next to Amish statues on a bench....right after taking their picture next to Goofy on MainStreet's bench...
or taking their picture with the Princess of Dutch Wonderland....after breakfast with the Princesses in The Castle!!!....
or speeding along at 1/4 mile an hour on Dragon's Lair after Kali River Rapids....
but I don't consider that snobby!! Disney's just superior!!

chrissyw14

I compare everything to WDW when I was at six flags in jersey all I thought about was how much more fun I'd be having in WDW, nothing compares. but i loveeee bush gardens, i might like the one in Virginia better than Tampa. I'm a Disney snob about Universal too.

Spike-in-Berlin

Yes definetely, after I visited WDW for the first time I never again went into a haunted house ride on our local Volksfests (folk fairs) because I couldn't stand the cheap design after I had seen and done the HM. I also never again did a lot of other rides on the fairs and I never developed any interest in visiting major theme parks and amusement parks in Germany like Phantasialand or Europa Park.

dave&di

Your'e a Disney snob if.... you get angry when other guests don't know the name of EVERY attraction, and if people call Spaceship Earth "the golfball"

BTW, neither annoy me!!!

JIMINYCR

In everything in life there is a top level, an ideal place where something or someone strives to attain, in which they are compared to. Disney is that place.
Like it is said ... It's lonely at the top. Being #1 makes you work harder to stay there. May Disney always strive to be the best in their industry. It's great to be a Disney snob.

Kristamouse

We have FREE tickets to Kings Island in Mason Ohio and are going to take our older two kids, 6 and 7. I have a babysitting arranged for our babies that is FREE and some FREE food vouchers for the park...and I am still on the fence about going:hammer:
DH and I are curious to see our kids reaction to the park, if they notice the things we would or if they are just happy to be there.
I did not start going to WDW until 2002 and have not been back to Kings Island since because I felt the 100.00 I would spend on parking, ticket and food would be put to better use at WDW...now that it is free I don't have that arugement. The only real thing I am looking forward too is a big loopy fast coaster, I know Kings Island can get that right.

plaz10

I'm a total Disney World snob and not afraid to admit it!

When I go to other theme parks - I always criticize how much better Disney does things/how much cleaner the parks are/how much better the food is, etc...

I'm a snob when it comes to Disney World vs. Universal, too.

I also get irritated when people confuse a love of Disney World for a love of all things Disney. Now don't get me wrong, I do love all things Disney but it's Disney World that my concentration of love stems from - if that makes sense. I'd rather have a Spaceship Earth shirt than one with Dopey on it. I'm more Disney World obsessed than Disney obsessed (like with the characters and such). I can't get this point across to my soon to be inlaws who buy me things like tinkerbell pj's for xmas and wonder why I need the reciept. :brick:

cowanfamily

I'm a total Disney World snob and not afraid to admit it!

When I go to other theme parks - I always criticize how much better Disney does things/how much cleaner the parks are/how much better the food is, etc...

I'm a snob when it comes to Disney World vs. Universal, too.

I also get irritated when people confuse a love of Disney World for a love of all things Disney. Now don't get me wrong, I do love all things Disney but it's Disney World that my concentration of love stems from - if that makes sense. I'd rather have a Spaceship Earth shirt than one with Dopey on it. I'm more Disney World obsessed than Disney obsessed (like with the characters and such). I can't get this point across to my soon to be inlaws who buy me things like tinkerbell pj's for xmas and wonder why I need the reciept. :brick:

I totally agree with you. I really don't give a flip about Jungle Book and many other movies. The parks are where my obsessions lie!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom