A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

DiPSU224

Yay! So excited to see you started posting! The first picture you posted made me "Aww" out loud. You're sneaky though, leaving us in anticipation for the wedding portion of the TR! :lol: As soon as you mentioned staying in a room next to your inlaws on your wedding night, I thought that wouldn't be something I'd be too keen on either. Awkward....:lol:

Post wedding/Disneymoon hangovers are such a bummer. I think we all go through it. I coped with mine by wearing my wedding gown once a day for the next 3 months....:lookaroun

I hope you're enjoying your first months as husband and wife. It's magical, isn't it? Looking forward to reading more!

Sarabell

I have to confess the reason I´ve been checking the forums every single day (I usually skip it on weekends) is waiting for your wedding TR. I´m so happy you have finally started posting! Congrats to you and Brett and I´m pretty sure this trip was completely magical. Can´t wait for more!:sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Yay! So excited to see you started posting! The first picture you posted made me "Aww" out loud. You're sneaky though, leaving us in anticipation for the wedding portion of the TR! :lol: As soon as you mentioned staying in a room next to your inlaws on your wedding night, I thought that wouldn't be something I'd be too keen on either. Awkward....:lol:

Post wedding/Disneymoon hangovers are such a bummer. I think we all go through it. I coped with mine by wearing my wedding gown once a day for the next 3 months....:lookaroun

I hope you're enjoying your first months as husband and wife. It's magical, isn't it? Looking forward to reading more!

Wedding/Disneymoon Hangover? Yes! That is the perfect way to describe it... longest hangover I've ever had. :lol:

You absolutely crack me up, Diana. :lol: Between this statement and the fact that you had a wedding fund in high school, I'm happy to hear that you made it past the wedding/honeymoon hangover. It gives me hope! :D If only I could get myself back into the dress without help... then I could do the same. :lookaroun I can just see Brett's face now, if he came home from work and I was lounging on the couch in my wedding dress watching reruns of "Say Yes to the Dress." Any excuse to put that dress back on.

I have to confess the reason I´ve been checking the forums every single day (I usually skip it on weekends) is waiting for your wedding TR. I´m so happy you have finally started posting! Congrats to you and Brett and I´m pretty sure this trip was completely magical. Can´t wait for more!:sohappy:

Aww, thanks, Sarabell! I'm really happy I've started posting, as well. This is the part that I enjoy the most out of the whole trip reporting process. And, yep, it was totally magical!

DisGal

So excited you started your report - really enjoying it so far.

When we checked in tp the Poly for our wedding they also placed us right next to family members...we changed as well. Looking forward to the rest :)

WDW Traveler

I am loving this trip report so far! I totally understand your post about the wedding/vacation blues. I was feeling down for about a month after our wedding too. I think you just spend every day working towards that one day for so long and after its over its like "hmm... what do I do now?" haha! I love your Spirit of Aloha stories and am defientely jealous of that open bar at the moment... Can't wait to read more!

plaz10

You, my friend, are cutting it close to the deadline of having this done before I leave! So excited now that it will be! Plus someone has ANOTHER trip planned for this weekend (unfortunately NOT 2 days later!:mad:) so I was hoping you'd get the TR up before you go. Very excited!!! Nothing like a Hollybelle TR to get me excited for my upcoming trip. It almost makes me want to write a TR...almost!:lol: Looking forward to the rest!

MillerPoppins

Holly I am SOOOOO EXCITED to be reading this!!! And to finally see how the trip unfolded. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your parents' room. I would think the same thing with it being a Deluxe Room. To me, the Polynesian is so high up there with quality that I would be shocked too with that. But I'm glad the weather was good and you had such a great time at the Luau! Can't wait to hear more! :sohappy:

tiaragirl

Holly, wheeeeee, I'm so excited! Ze moment I have been waiting for all spring, oui? What a great TR so far, darling.

Your families are so cute together. It's rough that your parents had such a strange experience with their room - but they seemed to be really good about it. I'm curious now, however, what "the moms" were whispering about.

Keep it up, yo! I'm so excited to see your dress and your sunny wedding day =)

PS: Wii Fit Super Hula? Not as easy as it sounds..

HollyBelle

Original Poster
So excited you started your report - really enjoying it so far.

When we checked in tp the Poly for our wedding they also placed us right next to family members...we changed as well. Looking forward to the rest :)

Thanks, Alissa! You know, it was weird how the CMs were so intent on finding rooms that were nearby one another. I guess they're used to doing this with larger parties, because people request it, but in our case it wasn't necessary.

I am loving this trip report so far! I totally understand your post about the wedding/vacation blues. I was feeling down for about a month after our wedding too. I think you just spend every day working towards that one day for so long and after its over its like "hmm... what do I do now?" haha! I love your Spirit of Aloha stories and am defientely jealous of that open bar at the moment... Can't wait to read more!

You are sooooo right about how you spend all this time planning and anticipating such a huge/life changing event and then when it's over, it's over. I didn't do much with regards to planning, mostly because we booked a package and had such a small ceremony, so I honestly can't imagine how hard it is for brides who spend upwards of 2 years planning every little detail to deal with the aftermath! I'm sure it's much harder.

You, my friend, are cutting it close to the deadline of having this done before I leave! So excited now that it will be! Plus someone has ANOTHER trip planned for this weekend (unfortunately NOT 2 days later!:mad:) so I was hoping you'd get the TR up before you go. Very excited!!! Nothing like a Hollybelle TR to get me excited for my upcoming trip. It almost makes me want to write a TR...almost!:lol: Looking forward to the rest!

I thought of you as I was typing away last week... I knew I'd already missed the "deadline" I'd set for myself (twice!) and mentioned to you in a PM. I know for certain I won't have it done, but I'll have the wedding up before your trip and I will have started on the cruise portion by the time you get back from your trip. That's progress. :D

And, ummm... I'm totally expecting that trip report, by the way.

Holly I am SOOOOO EXCITED to be reading this!!! And to finally see how the trip unfolded. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your parents' room. I would think the same thing with it being a Deluxe Room. To me, the Polynesian is so high up there with quality that I would be shocked too with that. But I'm glad the weather was good and you had such a great time at the Luau! Can't wait to hear more! :sohappy:

I know, it's a good thing I took some notes otherwise I may not remember how the trip unfolded. :lol: Not quite true, it wasn't that long ago yet! I was really disappointed about my parents room... mostly because I raved about the Poly and how Disney is the best at EVERYTHING.

Holly, wheeeeee, I'm so excited! Ze moment I have been waiting for all spring, oui? What a great TR so far, darling.

Your families are so cute together. It's rough that your parents had such a strange experience with their room - but they seemed to be really good about it. I'm curious now, however, what "the moms" were whispering about.

Keep it up, yo! I'm so excited to see your dress and your sunny wedding day =)

Thanks, Kenzie! I'm still waiting for you to send me the pictures you took from out on Seven Seas Lagoon! :lol: Dress pictures will be up sometime today, probably later this evening.

PS: Wii Fit Super Hula? Not as easy as it sounds..

You aren't kidding! Best 10 minute ab workout of my life. :sohappy: Beats crunches any day.

sweetpee_1993

Oh wow. Here we go!

First...I totally understand when the blues make it hard to get the words to come out on these TRs. Not exactly the same but that's where I was after January '10. Remember? I didn't have the big let-down blues after my wedding (gosh, all that happened so fast I don't think I had the chance) but I sure did after Chandler was born. I think that was part of what made those first weeks with him so overwhelming. Not good memories. It's a huge build-up to a single moment. Folks all around you feed into the anticipation. You're lavished with parties and gifts and attention. Then, in a matter of hours the baby is born. Everyone comes to see the new addition & then it's over. You're left to move on into a whole new life (that I personally was absolutely clueless what to do with). I wish I had tips for you on how to get thru it. The wedding is behind you. I guess it's "welome to Happily Ever After time". Look towards the future. I like the thought of planning little fun things to act as distractions. :D

OMG! Your bride & groom ears pic is such a tasty little morsel of things to come. What an intro! What a teaser! Oh my anti-patience nerve is twitchin'-n-hummin'.....

I feel ya on the afterthought-to-planning-let's-leave-a-night-earlier-to-get-there-sooner thing. We just added a night to the front end of our September trip. Guilty.

Loooove that rockin' custom gown bag! You're so smart out-smarting any potential peeking-Bretts. And oooohhh...does your mom have an embroidery machine of her own?!?! Tracey's been after me to go get one but I just can't bring myself to choke down that price-tag for the $1800 Brother I've been eyeballing. I guess maybe if I see more of a need. That bag is pushing my mind in the "cave-in" direction. LOL! Oooh..but that's enough for a heckuva nice WDW resort. I could totally do a solo-trip for that! Ugh! The bickering in my brain continues.....

I'm aggravated by the less-than-acceptable Poly room your folks had the misfortune of landing in. I think I want everything to be perfect for them right along with you so they can be dazzled by the magic. When you talk about the crowds and such I'm thinking, "oooh noooooo...not a good intro....."

Mmmmmm...Tonga Toast. I'm glad you mentioned it's as good as upstairs for less $$. This may be a better pre-cruise breakfast option than going to Kona as I currently have planned. We'd be in & out faster which means getting to the port sooner. BTW, I'm really anxious to hear how the boarding went!

Umm, yes, the "plant" in the bunch of Indy extras is veeeery obvious. When I was an extra in our January '09 trip I told the guy he wasn't fooling anybody as we were leaving the stage. He tried to play it off then turn it on me by challenging me with "What makes you so sure?" Yeah. Um, don't act like an actor who does this 5x's a day???

Luuuurv the Disney girl flops. Rockin' idea, wedding or not! Oh! I smell another item to have the characters sign on the cruise....

You'll think I'm nutty but I really liked your pics inside the Tangaroa Terrace. I do. I'm sentimental. I've never been in there but love to hear my Gramma talk about how she & my Grampa had breakfast there waaaaay back when they had their big Poly stay. **siiiiigh** Agreed. Not the ideal wedding venue.

Your 'Spirit of Aloha' coverage was soooo good. I want that salad. And a beer. Or six. I'm with Kathy on the wardrobe malfunction. Bring out the dollaaaaz!!! "Someone cut that lady off!" Soooo freakin' funny! Um, is that the same fire guy that's in Festival of the Lion King? Just curious. I mean, how many fire guys does Disney keep on staff? If not, I wonder do they practice together? Or maybe they just sit around drinkin' beer and swappin' fire-guy war-stories. That'd be an interesting conversation to listen in on....Sorry for the drift. Just sayin... :cool:

I think it's oober sweet that you & Brett spent the night before your wedding together. The night before ours we went to dinner and I stayed at his house until the wee hours as I usually did. No change from the ordinary. It's comforting, I think. I've often been perplexed by the thought of a couple not being together the night before their wedding. There was nobody else I wanted to be with. :shrug:

Geez Holly! You've been at WDW for 1 1/2 days and you've got 5 pages so far. Can we say "epic"??? Bring it, girl! This is what we've all been waiting for... :wave:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Oh wow. Here we go!

First...I totally understand when the blues make it hard to get the words to come out on these TRs. Not exactly the same but that's where I was after January '10. Remember? I didn't have the big let-down blues after my wedding (gosh, all that happened so fast I don't think I had the chance) but I sure did after Chandler was born. I think that was part of what made those first weeks with him so overwhelming. Not good memories. It's a huge build-up to a single moment. Folks all around you feed into the anticipation. You're lavished with parties and gifts and attention. Then, in a matter of hours the baby is born. Everyone comes to see the new addition & then it's over. You're left to move on into a whole new life (that I personally was absolutely clueless what to do with). I wish I had tips for you on how to get thru it. The wedding is behind you. I guess it's "welome to Happily Ever After time". Look towards the future. I like the thought of planning little fun things to act as distractions. :D

Ugghhh... pesky writer's block! I totally understand why it was hard for you to pen your January 10 report. But I commend you on pushing past it and doing it anyway! I know I really enjoyed reading your take on things that January, even if there was a little magic missing.

Happily Ever After is looking pretty sunny, too, so I'll take it!

OMG! Your bride & groom ears pic is such a tasty little morsel of things to come. What an intro! What a teaser! Oh my anti-patience nerve is twitchin'-n-hummin'.....

I feel ya on the afterthought-to-planning-let's-leave-a-night-earlier-to-get-there-sooner thing. We just added a night to the front end of our September trip. Guilty.

Would you believe we only ended up wearing the ears on one day of our entire trip? But hey, at least we got some fun pictures out of 'em!

We almost always book our trip and then find a way to leave the night before (even if it's after we get off work) so we can stay somewhere offsite and check in refreshed and ready for a full day the next day! You've gotta maximize the dollar. If I'm paying for a day to stay at Disney, I want to enjoy as much of that day as possible.

Loooove that rockin' custom gown bag! You're so smart out-smarting any potential peeking-Bretts. And oooohhh...does your mom have an embroidery machine of her own?!?! Tracey's been after me to go get one but I just can't bring myself to choke down that price-tag for the $1800 Brother I've been eyeballing. I guess maybe if I see more of a need. That bag is pushing my mind in the "cave-in" direction. LOL! Oooh..but that's enough for a heckuva nice WDW resort. I could totally do a solo-trip for that! Ugh! The bickering in my brain continues.....

I'm aggravated by the less-than-acceptable Poly room your folks had the misfortune of landing in. I think I want everything to be perfect for them right along with you so they can be dazzled by the magic. When you talk about the crowds and such I'm thinking, "oooh noooooo...not a good intro....."

Yes, my mom has been wanting an embroidery machine for eons and she now thanks (or blames) me for making her spend sooooo much money. :lol: The wedding was that little push she needed to go ahead and buy something she had been wanting for a long time. Hers is a Singer, I believe. Unfortunately, it took longer to come in than we thought and we didn't end up having time to do some of the other fun stuff we had in mind.

The crowds were insane, but we handled it well, and it honestly wasn't too bad.

Mmmmmm...Tonga Toast. I'm glad you mentioned it's as good as upstairs for less $$. This may be a better pre-cruise breakfast option than going to Kona as I currently have planned. We'd be in & out faster which means getting to the port sooner. BTW, I'm really anxious to hear how the boarding went!

Okay, so about the Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's... the online kiosk doesn't give you the option to purchase Tonga Toast with the super delicious strawberry sauce; however, the strawberry sauce IS offered with things like pancakes. :shrug: So, if you want the sauce... I'd think they would be able to make arrangements for that. I realized this AFTER ordering and didn't bother with it, but next time I will.

Oooh... I totally thought of you as we were waiting at the port terminal and I tried to take diligent notes. I kept telling Brett, "I'm gonna walk over here and get a crowd shot for Kelly." Ten minutes later, I'd be all "I'm gonna go over here and get an updated crowd shot for Kelly." :ROFLOL: Now, I hope I remember enough to include detailed comments with those crowd shots.

Umm, yes, the "plant" in the bunch of Indy extras is veeeery obvious. When I was an extra in our January '09 trip I told the guy he wasn't fooling anybody as we were leaving the stage. He tried to play it off then turn it on me by challenging me with "What makes you so sure?" Yeah. Um, don't act like an actor who does this 5x's a day???

Was this before you started writing trip reports? I'm thinking your first trip report was in January 09... but I'm not recalling you being one of the extras... I need to go back and re-read.

Luuuurv the Disney girl flops. Rockin' idea, wedding or not! Oh! I smell another item to have the characters sign on the cruise....

Initially I wanted to drop off the flip flops at the concierge desk at the Poly or at the front of the parks because I figured they could have them signed and then I could pick them up later (like they do on DCL). But someone at the resort told me the characters may not be coming to the Polynesian, so that wasn't a possibility. Hmmm... never thought about it but it makes a lot of sense. The characters are ALWAYS on the ship, so that's what makes it possible to get anything signed. Of course, now I'm glad they couldn't do it because I love the pictures.

You'll think I'm nutty but I really liked your pics inside the Tangaroa Terrace. I do. I'm sentimental. I've never been in there but love to hear my Gramma talk about how she & my Grampa had breakfast there waaaaay back when they had their big Poly stay. **siiiiigh** Agreed. Not the ideal wedding venue.

Your 'Spirit of Aloha' coverage was soooo good. I want that salad. And a beer. Or six. I'm with Kathy on the wardrobe malfunction. Bring out the dollaaaaz!!! "Someone cut that lady off!" Soooo freakin' funny! Um, is that the same fire guy that's in Festival of the Lion King? Just curious. I mean, how many fire guys does Disney keep on staff? If not, I wonder do they practice together? Or maybe they just sit around drinkin' beer and swappin' fire-guy war-stories. That'd be an interesting conversation to listen in on....Sorry for the drift. Just sayin... :cool:

I never even knew about the Tangaroa Terrace. After seeing it though, I knew for certain that we made the right decision in having it as a rain backup. Soooooo much more character than a conference room at the Contemporary. It may be dated and small, but it still screams "Poly" at the top of its lungs.

Fire-guy war stories... now those I'd like to hear. My guess is they have different fire-guys on staff for each of the shows. Otherwise they'd be working some seriously long hours.

I think it's oober sweet that you & Brett spent the night before your wedding together. The night before ours we went to dinner and I stayed at his house until the wee hours as I usually did. No change from the ordinary. It's comforting, I think. I've often been perplexed by the thought of a couple not being together the night before their wedding. There was nobody else I wanted to be with. :shrug:

I agree, it was definitely comforting... that's a good word for it. And again, it's not like I was going to wake up looking like a bride and ruin the big reveal. :lol:

Geez Holly! You've been at WDW for 1 1/2 days and you've got 5 pages so far. Can we say "epic"??? Bring it, girl! This is what we've all been waiting for...

Oh dear... "epic" scares me a bit. I hesitate to admit that I am currently over 40 pages deep in text (single spaced/11 pt font/margins set to .5 all around) and I've only reached the end of our wedding day. :lookaroun I'm in the process of uploading approximately 180 pro photos. :eek: I narrowed it down, I promise! There were 580 to begin with. I told Brett the other day that I'm afraid everyone will get completely sick of seeing pictures of us, but that's all I've got.:lol:

tink65

Hey Hollybelle! I will be honest & admit that I too have been stalking the trip reports just waiting for your report! So excited to see you've started it and I am really enjoying reading everything! Can't wait to read more!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Spent my lunch hour getting all caught up.

The personalized garment bag was brilliant. How great is your mom!
Despite Mom's greatness, moving from next door was absolutely the right move for all involved. :lol: Bummer about the problems with their room.

Lovely Poly photos. Don't you love it when you're able to capture images like those, that are so full of the spirit of the resort that just looking at them makes you feel as if you're there, complete with all the sounds and scents? I have a few of OKW that can do that for me.

Loved the "Pack Mule Dad" photo. Cute, and what a trouper!

When I saw the group Aloha photo, I wondered if the guys dressing alike had been deliberate--I'd lost track and forgotten it was St. Patrick's Day. So glad they wore their green! :D

I LOL'd at your description of squealing at the sight of the souvenir glass. And how nice of your MIL to get you a set of them, at great personal sacrifice! :lol: That shot of the tray of wine glasses made me laugh, too. "Quantity over quality"!! How true, I'm sure, but hey, quantity's what you want out of an open bar, right? :lookaroun Especially one that's going to be followed up by such specimens of manly form...:cool:

Had to LOL again at the mental picture of sitting on couch watching tv in your wedding dress.

Speaking of the wedding dress...can't wait for the next chapter!! :sohappy:

MEyeSeeKayEY

Great TR so far! Can't wait for the next installment!
BTW, you take amazing pictures! What kind of camera do you have?
Congrats on the wedding! :sohappy:

disneygirl1

YEAH!!! I am so excited that you finally started your TR!!! Congrats again to you and Brett!!! I totally have the chills and got all choked up reading and we havent even got to the ceremony yet! I am such a sap!!!

Awesome start! I can not wait to hear more Holly!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Hey Hollybelle! I will be honest & admit that I too have been stalking the trip reports just waiting for your report! So excited to see you've started it and I am really enjoying reading everything! Can't wait to read more!!!

Hi, Tink! My apologies for taking so long to get it started! Thanks for hanging in there. :)

Woo hoo!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Thanks, Jon! More to come very soon.

Spent my lunch hour getting all caught up.

The personalized garment bag was brilliant. How great is your mom!
Despite Mom's greatness, moving from next door was absolutely the right move for all involved. :lol: Bummer about the problems with their room.

:ROFLOL: Yes. I agree on all accounts!

Lovely Poly photos. Don't you love it when you're able to capture images like those, that are so full of the spirit of the resort that just looking at them makes you feel as if you're there, complete with all the sounds and scents? I have a few of OKW that can do that for me.

You nailed it with the sounds and scents part. It really is amazing how a photograph can reach out to so many different senses.

Loved the "Pack Mule Dad" photo. Cute, and what a trouper!

When I saw the group Aloha photo, I wondered if the guys dressing alike had been deliberate--I'd lost track and forgotten it was St. Patrick's Day. So glad they wore their green! :D

Dad is totally a trooper. He's very laid back when it comes to vacationing, as can be evidenced in all my cruise reports.

Mom and I are totally the ones that stand out in that luau photo... wearing black and not some version of green. Oh well!

I LOL'd at your description of squealing at the sight of the souvenir glass. And how nice of your MIL to get you a set of them, at great personal sacrifice! :lol: That shot of the tray of wine glasses made me laugh, too. "Quantity over quality"!! How true, I'm sure, but hey, quantity's what you want out of an open bar, right? :lookaroun Especially one that's going to be followed up by such specimens of manly form...:cool:

Had to LOL again at the mental picture of sitting on couch watching tv in your wedding dress.

Speaking of the wedding dress...can't wait for the next chapter!! :sohappy:

The server who had those wine glasses was just inches from my mom, right over her shoulder, and all I kept thinking was "this could be bad" as I took the photo. I guess wine of that caliber doesn't really need to be swished around the glass, it probably tastes the same either way.

Next chapter to come shortly! Thanks, Siobhan.

Great TR so far! Can't wait for the next installment!
BTW, you take amazing pictures! What kind of camera do you have?
Congrats on the wedding! :sohappy:

Thanks, Jon!! I use a Canon Rebel XSI (it's an entry level DSLR) and a handful of different lenses. I would definitely recommend going up a few models though, even if for the ISO capabilities alone. My mom has an T1i and until I used it I didn't realize what a difference it makes to have an ISO of 3200 over 1600.

YEAH!!! I am so excited that you finally started your TR!!! Congrats again to you and Brett!!! I totally have the chills and got all choked up reading and we havent even got to the ceremony yet! I am such a sap!!!

Awesome start! I can not wait to hear more Holly!

You're going to hate me then because I've decided to include the actual ceremony wording when we get to that part. I tear up every time I read it. Like you, I'm as sappy as they come. Thanks, Reese!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Before we get started with the wedding day, I want to give a special thanks to Kathy and Danny for treating us all to the luau the night before. I meant to include it in my previous posts, but I don’t think I did.

Friday, March 18: WEDDING DAY!

Shockingly enough, I slept incredibly well the night before our wedding. In fact, we even slept in (by our own Disney standards). Brett got up before me (another first for us at Disney) around 7:45am to shower and get ready for breakfast with his family at Kona. I gave him a kiss goodbye and then started cleaning up the room and making the bed. Seeing as how there’d be people in and out of it all morning, I wanted it as clean as possible. Yes, I am a bona fide Neat Freak, but I doubt that surprises anyone. :lol: Also because of all the people coming and going, I decided just to put the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door for the entire day. It was easier than worrying about the timing of mousekeeping.

While my mom was showering and getting ready, my dad and I decided to grab a bite to eat at Captain Cook’s. Seriously, I was incredibly calm for most of the morning. The tiki gods were smiling down on me, and I made a mental note that I owed them big time! I took some pictures of the beautiful morning as I headed over to the Great Ceremonial House to meet up with my dad.

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

One of the paths that leads to Sunset Pointe... swoon!

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Breakfast consisted of a Mickey waffle for dad, a cheese Danish for me, and an extra to-go Danish for my mom. I really wasn’t hungry (nerves?!), but I’m glad I ate the whole thing anyway... my next meal wasn’t until 5:30pm. Well, there was cake in there somewhere, but I don’t know if that really counts as a meal, now, does it?! :lookaroun :D

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed this part of my day; it was really nice to spend that quiet time with my dad. I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a “Daddy’s Girl,” but the love and respect I have for my dad knows no bounds. Obviously, as a bride, I ran the gamut of emotions throughout the day, but my eyes watered up most in the little moments with my dad.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Walking back to Tahiti, I was really feeling the nerves. I was worried about little things, like whether or not my hair would turn out how I envisioned it and some little logistical things. I couldn’t imagine what a wreck I would’ve been if we had had a big wedding. No way would that have been a good idea for me. Back in the room, I hopped in the shower and took my time getting ready. My mom and Kathy both arrived around 10:00am and Laine, from Beaute Speciale, showed up at 10:30am to start working on Kathy’s hair.

Kathy informed me that Brett and Derek had run off to the Magic Kingdom to play. Seriously, it’s so easy for boys! :rolleyes: I was glad Brett was off having fun, but I freaked when I thought about the fact that he probably didn’t put on sunscreen. I left him a message that said something along the lines of “I don’t care how ridiculous the price... buy some SUNSCREEN for your face!” What a sweet little note for my groom on the morning of our wedding?! :ROFLOL: The last thing I wanted though was for Brett's face to be toasty and burnt for all our wedding pictures.

At some point, my mom gave me a little something special. For those of you who followed along with my pre-trip report, you know that I have a younger sister, Lani, who passed away when she was 12. You also know that to honor her, my mom and I decided to sew angel charms into our dresses. What I didn’t know is that my mom went above and beyond. She took one of Lani’s cloths that she had kept, sewed a piece of lace from her own wedding dress around the edges of it and embroidered it with purple thread to create a handkerchief for me. It was breathtaking... and of course, caused me to cry. And cry. And cry. It wasn’t the “one-pretty-glistening-tear” kind of cry either, so it’s a really good thing my mom had the foresight to give it to me before Laine did my makeup. :lol:

Laine and Kathy were chatting about this and that as Laine was finishing up with Kathy's hair, which looked great. She was just so easy to be around. When Kathy’s hair was done she headed back to her room to start getting ready, and Laine and I got to work. Now let’s get one thing straight... other than the weather, the biggest stressor I experienced leading up to the wedding was hair and makeup. C’mon ladies, I know you get it. Being unhappy about my hair and makeup would’ve upset me for the entire day. You all know what I’m talking about, don’t even act like you don’t! It would be awful to have the perfect man, perfect dress, perfect location and perfect weather, only to hate every single photograph because my hair looked wacky. And like most women, I'm pretty critical of my own hair, which didn't make Laine's job any easier.

I had an idea of what I wanted, but was afraid I wouldn’t be able to relay my vision to Laine. I joked about my biggest concern... and made her swear that I wouldn’t look like I had come from the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! :lol: She was wonderful. Truly my Fairy Godmother. Aside from choosing to get married at Sunset Pointe, Beaute Speciale (and more specifically, Laine), was the best wedding day decision I made. Hands down.

From the outset, I knew I wanted my hair up (pulled back, kind of at the nape of my neck). While I really like the way my face looks when my hair is pulled back, the decision was mostly driven by the fact that if it was up then I wouldn’t have to worry about it all day. I was also certain that I wanted my hair to look like my hair; I didn’t care if she used a curling iron to achieve the effect, but I wanted the curls to be the same shape and size as my own, just more defined. I also explained that the overall look I was going for with my hair was soft and romantic. She nailed it. As for makeup, I showed Laine a handful of inspiration pictures and told her I wanted a natural/non-makeup look for my face, but wanted my eyes to pop. Immediately, she suggested a grey tone which was perfect. The “mini-consultation” put me at ease right away.

Meet Laine, my very own Fairy Godmother!

IMG_1976.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom