What sponsors would you like to see in Epcot?

wizards8507

Original Poster
Just thought I'd hear from others on some "cool" sponsors that they'd like to see in Epcot. Much of the conversations around Epcot are centered on the belief that it needs a facelift, so what are some companies that could provide that element? My thoughts (some of these are already there but in small ways):

Apple
Microsoft
IBM
Wikipedia
Mozilla
Facebook
Google

TP2000

Just thought I'd hear from others on some "cool" sponsors that they'd like to see in Epcot.

Great question! I like your list above, and I think it would benefit Epcot to ditch the connections to old, dying, government-subsidized companies leftover from the 20th century.

Apple is a must. Google would be good for maybe an exhibit on how their search engines and map divisions work exactly.

I would love to see Honda take over for Government Motors. Honda already has great car exhibits and a nifty Asimo robot show in Disneyland's Innoventions, but they could do so much more with the massive Test Track building.

The other way to think about this is, what pavilions in Epcot still even have a sponsor?!? :eek: The Land, Energy and Imagination all seem to be without sponsor. And didn't The Seas also lose their sponsor? What's left? Besides Government Motors, there's HP in Mission Space, and that obscure German company for Spaceship Earth. That's all that's left in Future World, isn't it? :confused:

Fuzz

Much rather have Ford at the test track then Honda. Ford at least has some exciting vehicles and a history in America that people could identify with.

Also would like to see General Electric take over Universe of Energy. Give that ride a modern update. GE seems to keep plugging their innovations so why not see some new smart electric grid technology, wind farms, etc. Show a futurist concept again on how energy will be produced, distributed, and used in the future.

Sweet Melissa

Threads like this pop up from time to time. The best idea I've ever heard on one of them was recent and I'm sorry that I can't remember the user who came up with it: Crayola should sponsor the Imagination pavilion.

yankspy

I would like to see a communications giant take over spaceship earth again. I would like to see the Discovery channel take over imagination.

hpyhnt 1000

Also would like to see General Electric take over Universe of Energy. Give that ride a modern update. GE seems to keep plugging their innovations so why not see some new smart electric grid technology, wind farms, etc. Show a futurist concept again on how energy will be produced, distributed, and used in the future.

GE was a major EPCOT sponsor for many years, sponsoring both Horizons and IllumiNations. Ironically, they became a major stakeholder in Universal through their ownership of NBC.

As far as new sponsors for Epcot, at this point anyone would be welcomed. Problem is that I don't think many companies see theme park sponsorships as lucrative toward their marketing goals as they used to.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Apple would be at the top of my list.

Also, if you ever read the book by the CEO of Starbucks, you'd know that that company's mission and vision is very similar to that of Epcot's.

blueboxdoctor

Apple would be at the top of my list.

Also, if you ever read the book by the CEO of Starbucks, you'd know that that company's mission and vision is very similar to that of Epcot's.

Starbuck's mission statement is actually rather good, I can't deny that. However, in Epcot it may be difficult to have them there since their prices can be scary high.

That said, I still think Sony should be there. Ignore their problems they're dealing with right now (as I am still doing), and remember how much they have. Other than that, other people's postings are pretty much hitting them all. I still think that each company should have their own booth in the building that has the fire safety thing and had the house of the future (sorry I forget what it's called).

Merman

It think both apple and google would be great sponsers for anything considering they have the lastest technology wich is a must in EPCOT.
Also i like the idea of facebook being connected to disney in some way..:shrug:

WDITrent

Ford should take over Test Track. Hey, last time they sponsored a Disney attraction the omnimover was invented!

Siemens is good for SSE, simply because they demanded the wand to come down.

Mission: Space needs either a huge upgrade to make the whole experience more exciting (i.e. a real mission, not actually themed to be simulator training, and where's the Epcotty science fiction in there? Besides the fictional spacecraft, there's nothing really bright and promising about the future) or it needs to go.

The Living Seas needs a sponsor who brings the Sea Base Alpha feel back.

I think Imagination! should have a company like Canon, Nikon, or larger companies like Mitsubishi, Samsung, or Sony.

NiarrNDisney

I'm glad you brought this up!
I have been considering a new Thread on something like this though I wasnt certain how to word it, nor was I sure if it was really valid to bring up another "lets reopen WoL" since it has been discussed many a time since its closing.

That being said I do not have any specific company in mind but I feel that in a time of Health Care/Insurance worries and a world fascinated with looks, health, fitness, et. al.
I feel its time that WoL was reopened and maybe slightly refocused to these concerns. Back in the day MetLife sponsored WoL so if they were interested they could come back or any of the many other health affiliated companies should consider a sponsorship.

~Edit~ I was also thinking that it might be nice if Lego or even Crayola could take over Imagination knowing it could really use a/an overhaul.

BrerPete

Sony or Samsung should take over Innoventions
Lockheed Martin for Mission Space (or Richard Branson - Virgin Atlantic)
Intel for Imagination
Kevin Costner for the Living Seas
Pfizer for Wonders of Life

AEfx

If I had my way, none.

I've never understood why one of the largest entertainment corps in the world needs to have sponsors for it's attractions. No matter how tastefully done, it's still a commercial - and bothers me like a "Coke" commercian in the theater when I just paid $15 for a ticket to get in.

erasure fan1

I think Microsoft would be a good sponsor for Epcot. And with the Kinect technology they could make a pretty cool post show. Im not sure what pavilion though, **coughimaginationcough** :animwink:

wizards8507

Original Poster
I think Microsoft would be a good sponsor for Epcot. And with the Kinect technology they could make a pretty cool post show. Im not sure what pavilion though, **coughimaginationcough** :animwink:

I know that I'm the one who brought that up initially, but with Jobs owning so much of Disney, you can be a billion percent sure that MSFT never sees space in Epcot.

wizards8507

Original Poster
Budweiser should sponser Cool Zone with a taste of different beers from around the world.

get_image.aspx

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I think Apple would make a nice pavilion kind of like an old classic Epcot Center ride since they are all for shaping the future. I also wish Siemens would sponsor another pavilion. All I can say is it seems like the pavilions they do sponsor are always kept nicely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom