Fantasmic Upgrade, New Talking Mickey?

walee

Original Poster
Why do you think they still have not added the new mickey to the fantasmic shows?

I have a small guess that maybe it's because theres too much going on for the performer to be running across the stage dodging fire breathing dragons and moving his hands at the same time, or maybe because mickey doesn't say much in that show, then again in the florida version Mickey does always have somthing in his hand it seems, the first seen is that firework effect from his hands, then he picks up that lamp, then he has that sword at the to shoot the dragon (LOL Love that part, BANG!), and then he's steering the boat, hmm

Rob562

I know the opening pyro-from-the-gloves effect most likely means that the performer would not be able to operate the talking head.

They would have to come up with some other system of control.

-Rob

MarkTwain

Considering Mickey uses the exact same script every night, could it not simply be pre-programmed? :confused:

Agreed this sounds like a great idea though! :wave:

There's a computer system on the inside that is pre-programmed to move and say things at the same time. So they could actually use this new system for the Fantasmic Mickey suits but I think the only issue is that 1. He doesn't say much in the show and 2. There is a considerable distance between the audience and the stage so not everyone will actually appreciate that his mouth is moving. It would be cool though, I know I would update those costumes.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I bet someday when I am an adult (OMG I think I am considered an adult) my kids if I ever have any will be talking to a Mickey with a moving face. That will be something to see.

Cmdr_Crimson

Mickey only has 10-12 lines in Fantasmic and a few of them are projections...

"Heeelp! WHoooa!" - Sorcerer Mickey being sucked into vortex
"H-hey what's going on??! Uh oh!" - Mickey's Eyes
"Whoa uh oh gosh look out look out..Whooooooaaahhh Helllllp!!" -Mickey enters cave of wonders
"huh Oh look a magic lamp! Maybe if I just rub it and wish...Oh No! - Mickey finds the magic lamp
"Oh No....Ahhhh!!' - Mickey's encounter with malefecent
"Ah hah ha you make think your so powerful..Welll haha this is MY Dream!" - Mickey and Dragon
"Some Imagination Huh..Haha!" Ending.

If this encorporated more dialog I can see it but it's better this way as since it is a complex show.

Tinkrbell

dont think mickey uses his hands to control his mouth

Next time your at wdw, watch the castle show, notice that every time one of the characters talks or blinks, they move one of their fingers. I had heard that's how they worked, but had to sit & watch them before I believed it.

I doubt they would use it since Mickey has so few lines when he's not doing something else (fireworks from fingers, picking up magic lamp, fire shooting sword). With how the pyro fingers are rigged, it wouldn't be possible to use it in the first scene (even tho Mickey doesn't really have any lines in it.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom