Will the Yeti be ready for his big 5th Birthday Bash?

peterpanic74

Original Poster
Courtesy of Inside the Magic:

http://www./2011/02/walt-disney-wor...st-with-special-after-hours-passholder-event/

This could get...awkward...:zipit:

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I wouldn't be surprised if they just turned him on for that night. Didn't they do the same thing for the AK's 10 year anniversary back in 2008?

It would strange to celebrate an attraction without having the main show element of the attraction working, but then again it's strange that it still isn't fixed in some capacity after all this time so perhaps I'm looking too much into it.

peterpanic74

Original Poster
It would strange to celebrate an attraction without having the main show element of the attraction working, but then again it's strange that it still isn't fixed in some capacity after all this time so perhaps I'm looking too much into it.

SO strange. :confused:

imagineer boy

I hear its going to be a disco party!

Oh yeah give me some of that disco Yeti ya'll. He the cryptid that was born to rock ya'll...

T-1MILLION

It does not sound like something they need to do to let people back into the park/holding in the park in order to make the extra money on giftshop and food/beverage items that they are going to make off of Passholders...

so I am guessing no.

menamechris

Yeah, if there was any chance of this EE would be shut down right now for refurbishment. They tried some new technology, it failed, it's over. But dreaming is fun.... :p

CoasterKing

Yeah, right!! :lol: Maybe they'll capture a real Yeti and put him inside the mountain to wreck havoc as he pleases!! :ROFLOL:

CoasterKing :king:

PolynesianPrincess

I haven't been on EE since 2007 when the Yeti was fully functioning... It's sad to think that they would let it stop working like that, especially when it's one of the main focuses of the ride :confused:

Timekeeper

It would strange to celebrate an attraction without having the main show element of the attraction working...

I never have, and never will, understand how something that is seen for less than two seconds on a ride is the "main show element." An animatronic of such stature would have been better placed in one of the two ride locations where the train actually stops (for the forward/reverse switch). It's a bit like going to a concert where the musician plays just one line from one song. :brick:

menamechris

I never have, and never will, understand how something that is seen for less than two seconds on a ride is the "main show element." An animatronic of such stature would have been better placed in one of the two ride locations where the train actually stops (for the forward/reverse switch). It's a bit like going to a concert where the musician plays just one line from one song. :brick:

I don't think that would have been as climactic. It was supposed to feel like you are just escaping his grip... If you just sat there and watched him for 20 seconds, it wouldn't have been as thrilling.

Timekeeper

I don't think that would have been as climactic. It was supposed to feel like you are just escaping his grip... If you just sat there and watched him for 20 seconds, it wouldn't have been as thrilling.

I understand the placement of the yeti with respect to building up to a climactic moment, but placing him at the second stopping point (where the train begins to move forward again) would have served the same purpose, instead of that silly projection.

My issue is that this darn animatronic was given so much praise for being so complex and lifelike when it debuted, but it's literally impossible to appreciate 90% of its complexity when whizzing by so quickly, and in darkness. The technology and movement in the old King Kong animatronics from Kongfrontation at Universal Studios would have been sufficient for the yeti's purposes at it's current placement.

I don't necessarily need to stare at it for 20 seconds, I'm merely suggesting that 2 seconds is not enough. In my opinion, Disney dropped the ball on this one, and basically hid something that could have been really impressive. :cry:

SirNim

As Walt Disney once said, "It's kind of fun to do the impossible, except when that means fixing a multi-million dollar animatronic Yeti that's pretty much integral to the theme of a flagship attraction."

donaldfan

Don't believe I'm adding my $0.02 to yet another yeti thread, but IMO, seeing him in A-Mode many times, though only seeing for a few seconds, added to the illusion of reality -- even though I knew he was fake, I would still duck to avoid his hand since it was moving so fast and we were moving so fast.

just my $0.02 . . .

RunnerEd

Don't believe I'm adding my $0.02 to yet another yeti thread, but IMO, seeing him in A-Mode many times, though only seeing for a few seconds, added to the illusion of reality -- even though I knew he was fake, I would still duck to avoid his hand since it was moving so fast and we were moving so fast.

just my $0.02 . . .

The first time I saw him, I was expecting it but he still scared me. It WAS an amazing effect and I desperately wish they would fix him.

Slowjack

I understand the placement of the yeti with respect to building up to a climactic moment, but placing him at the second stopping point (where the train begins to move forward again) would have served the same purpose, instead of that silly projection.

My issue is that this darn animatronic was given so much praise for being so complex and lifelike when it debuted, but it's literally impossible to appreciate 90% of its complexity when whizzing by so quickly, and in darkness. The technology and movement in the old King Kong animatronics from Kongfrontation at Universal Studios would have been sufficient for the yeti's purposes at it's current placement.

I don't necessarily need to stare at it for 20 seconds, I'm merely suggesting that 2 seconds is not enough. In my opinion, Disney dropped the ball on this one, and basically hid something that could have been really impressive. :cry:

I agree with ya. Another point: the brevity of Mr. Yeti's appearance is why Disney can get away with not fixing him. As I mentioned in another thread, many guests have no idea where the yeti is, even after they ride. While I understand the concept of the "narrow escape," if the Yeti was in a position to be seen for several seconds, instead of whizzed by, Disney would have had to do something to make him look reasonably good by now. As it stands, they can leave the Yeti on the dance floor and 90% of guests won't know anything is amiss!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Do pigs fly?

They do here

Helicopter%20close%20%5BSurrey%20Police%5D.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom