Mickey's Toontown Fair begins its transformation February 2011

TowerOfTerror

Original Poster
Beginning February 11th:

Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and the Disney princesses will move to Town Square in the location currently known as Town Square Exposition Hall in spring 2011. Until that location is ready, they will greet guests throughout Magic Kingdom Park at locations to be determined.

Tinker Bell will be relocating to Disney’s Hollywood Studios while we continue work on the Fantasyland expansion. Her other fairy friends will appear later in the spring at Epcot.

The Walt Disney World Railroad will stay open but the Toontown station will be closed during construction.

redkoala245

Oh wow!! The month that it is closing is just what I (and many people) predicted.

This construction starts 5 days before I come to WDW… How lovely.

mharrington

This is very disappointing. I've never really visited Toontown Fair myself, except to walk through it from the train station, but I'm speaking for people who should find a reliable spot to find the characters.

And of course, they are now deprived of a true home to call their own.

raven

This is very disappointing. I've never really visited Toontown Fair myself, except to walk through it from the train station, but I'm speaking for people who should find a reliable spot to find the characters.

And of course, they are now deprived of a true home to call their own.

Isn't Walt Disney World in general their home? :veryconfu You can still find them. Maybe this will get parents to take their kids to a park other than MK for a change.

MotherOfBirds

So now there will be a whole 2 stops on the train? Not to deviate from the topic, but I recall an old park map that indicated a station in TL several decades back. Will they ever bring that one back?

Are the houses to be demoed? They'd probably be more trouble than they're worth to move. And where specifically on MS will Mickey and co be moved? The movie theater in back of Exposition Hall?

Testtrack321

So now there will be a whole 2 stops on the train? Not to deviate from the topic, but I recall an old park map that indicated a station in TL several decades back. Will they ever bring that one back?

Are the houses to be demoed? They'd probably be more trouble than they're worth to move. And where specifically on MS will Mickey and co be moved? The movie theater in back of Exposition Hall?

My understanding was there was a proposed train station, but it was never built. I'm not too sure on that info. Lee, Martin?

Tom

Beta Return

I'm confused. As far as I know, the TT station is slated to remain, but will receive a makeover.

BriEcho3194

YAY! Fantasyland is coming! YAY! Sad to see Toontown go. Used to love playing at Donalds boat and then playing with these mooing animals kinda things. I forget but It's sad to see something go but we do get something AMAZING IN ITS PLACE! DUMBO...and maybe more Dumbo? lol If they do keep a circus theme they should get new tents that will be able to hold at least and get rid off the ones they have now lol

raven

That theatre is no more. The entire back of the Expo Hall is currently being refurbed into M&G areas complete with queues, hallways, rooms and exits of their own.

S

stphnbogert

That theatre is no more. The entire back of the Expo Hall is currently being refurbed into M&G areas complete with queues, hallways, rooms and exits of their own.

do you know exactly who's going to be in there? i mean we know its mickey, minnie, cinderella. but is belle, aurora, or snow white going to be in there? and will they include ariel or tiana?

and is the plan for snow white scary adventures to be gutted out to be changed for a meet and greet still on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom