A 4 day "Surprise" Holiday trip to the WORLD pre-trip report

Hello all, :wave:. My husband surprised me over the weekend with a "quick" trip to WDW in December so I thought, what better way to deal with the excitement than with a pre-trip report. :shrug:

It all started Friday evening. We already have a September 2011 trip on the books and we were doing some fine tuning with our plans for that trip, which included securing our resort for the September trip. While discussing those plans I mentioned that although I love, adore, and cherish WDW in the fall (hello, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, I am looking at you), wouldn't it be fun to see WDW during the Christmas season and experience Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

By Saturday afternoon, hubby had us booked for four days in December. The plan is to arrive in Orlando on 12/12 and we will be staying through 12/15. We will be staying at All Star Music and we have tickets to the 12/14 MVMCP. We have free dining, all counter service.

Here is a picture of the greatest hubby in the whole world.
And then there is me - the Disney fanatic who is so fortunate to have a hubby who "gets" me....

picture.php

Our flight arrives at MCO on Sunday 12/12 at 10:45 am. Our hope is to be at MK by 2:00. We typically try to start every trip at MK, even if it is only for a half an hour quick trip down Main Street. There is a Christmas party that evening so the park will be closing at 7 to regular guests. We plan on leaving MK around 6 and heading over to DHS, which has extra magic hours until 11:00 pm. We honestly can't wait to see the Osbourne lights and our plan is to do nothing other than walk around and take in the Christmas decorations. We will most likely ride the Great Movie Ride and Muppets since those are my two favorite attractions at DHS. Other than that, we both are excited just to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of the park.

Monday, 12/13 - We plan to spend the day at Epcot until approximately 5:00 then head back to MK. We want to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade at 7:00, Wishes at 8:00 and EMH until 11:00.

Tuesday, 12/14 - Again, we will be spending much of the day at Epcot. Around 4:00 we will head to MK for the MVMCP. I can't believe we are going to have the opportunity to experience this party. It almost brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. We will spend every single minute we can in the park and at the party. Once they kick us out, we will return to our hotel and pack for our return home the next day.

Since our flight doesn't leave until 2:30 pm, we may try to get up early and do a few hours at DTD before heading to the airport.

Since we have free quickservice with the dining offer, we didn't have to worry about any ADR's. This trip is going to be completely about spending every single second in the park from open to close each day. We have never stayed at a value resort, so I am looking forward to experiencing a new resort. :)

This trip was such an amazing gift and I feel so blessed to be going. Thanks for reading my pre-trip report and sharing in my excitement. :xmas:

WishIWasAtWDW

how very exciting! and i will be at the world then too! i'll be at dhs on the 12th for the osborne lights and emh, and i will also be at the mk on the 13th for emh! maybe we will run into eachother! i think the value resorts are great for short trips when you will be spending just about every second in the parks. this will be my first trip during the holiday season so i am also super excited to see all the decorations and attend mvmcp. :xmas:

harveyt0206

Original Poster
how very exciting! and i will be at the world then too! i'll be at dhs on the 12th for the osborne lights and emh, and i will also be at the mk on the 13th for emh! maybe we will run into eachother! i think the value resorts are great for short trips when you will be spending just about every second in the parks. this will be my first trip during the holiday season so i am also super excited to see all the decorations and attend mvmcp. :xmas:

Yes, definitely keep an eye out for us. I would love to say hello if we bump into each other. :wave: Have a wonderful trip and I will be on the look out for your post trip report to see what your thoughts on the MVMCP are. Take care!

foreverbelle

That is so awesome. What a great hubby you have! I mean what better gift than that. I hope you guys have an amazing time and enjoy every second of your time down there.

Happy Holidays to you! :xmas:

luvlifeinfl

Hey I am doing a quick trip too. We were just there Aug/Sept and We had such a great time we saw great friends made new ones. Well there are a few that I folow out on Disney blogs and I heard there is going to be a meet on Nov 5th.

Last weekend I had told the hubby how I would love to go see everyone and could it just be a girls weekend, he gave me the green light. Now I am DVC owner but was unable to get a DVC room. I had to book a room at All Star Movies.

So here is my plan It is only going to be and my DD-11 to fly out Dec. 4th at 820 am arrive in Orlando at 11am, by time I get to the resort checked in and then I think head to DTD to shop.

Dec 5th is the day of the event which starts at 3 to head to that and hang out till about 5pm then head to the MVMCP.

The 6th I have almost all day my flight does not leave till 620 so I think that day will just be going to a few resorts to check out decorations before we head back home.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
That is so awesome. What a great hubby you have! I mean what better gift than that. I hope you guys have an amazing time and enjoy every second of your time down there.

Happy Holidays to you! :xmas:

Thanks Foreverbelle. He is a great hubby and I couldn't agree more - a Disney trip is the best gift he could give me. I don't have expensive taste when it comes to other areas of my life - Disney is pretty much my one and only extravagance, so he knows me well. :ROFLOL:

Hey I am doing a quick trip too. We were just there Aug/Sept and We had such a great time we saw great friends made new ones. Well there are a few that I folow out on Disney blogs and I heard there is going to be a meet on Nov 5th.

Last weekend I had told the hubby how I would love to go see everyone and could it just be a girls weekend, he gave me the green light. Now I am DVC owner but was unable to get a DVC room. I had to book a room at All Star Movies.

So here is my plan It is only going to be and my DD-11 to fly out Dec. 4th at 820 am arrive in Orlando at 11am, by time I get to the resort checked in and then I think head to DTD to shop.

Dec 5th is the day of the event which starts at 3 to head to that and hang out till about 5pm then head to the MVMCP.

The 6th I have almost all day my flight does not leave till 620 so I think that day will just be going to a few resorts to check out decorations before we head back home.

That sounds wonderful! I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful trip. Post some pics of the resorts when you get back. :sohappy:

A surprise trip- how awesome! I'll be at the MVMCP on the 14th too! Maybe we'll run into eachother!! :wave:

Hey, definitely look me up at the party if you get a chance. We usually watch the parade in Frontierland over near Pecos Bill's (if there is room). If you happen to be over there around that time, give me a shout! My name is Tracy by the way, and interestingly enough my husbands name is Tracy too, so if you just yell Tracy in our direction your bound to get one of us to turn our heads. :lol:

Mukta

How exciting!
I am going for a quick trip right before you Dec 10-13th.
I too am excited to see the Osborne Lights.
I am not doing MVMCP, but I am looking foward to Illuminations with the Holiday tag!

harveyt0206

Original Poster
How exciting!
I am going for a quick trip right before you Dec 10-13th.
I too am excited to see the Osborne Lights.
I am not doing MVMCP, but I am looking foward to Illuminations with the Holiday tag!

Illuminations is the one thing that I want to see that we won't be able to fit into our few days at the World. Oh well. Maybe that's an excuse to convince him to go back for three more days next Christmas season. :lol:

Have a Great trip Mukta.

What a wonderful surprise! I hope you have a great trip!!

Thanks DisneyPrincess5. :xmas:

DAKOTADISNEY

What a great husband! I would love to go down just to see the lights and decorations but it just doesn't work for us. And knowing you'll be back in September is even better because you don't have to do and see everything. Have a great time!

sueuk

We're there next September too and although we're not able to 'nip over' to Florida for a 4 day break - I'm off to Disneyland Paris tomorrow with my daughter , friend, SiL and niece for a 4 day stay. There is no MVMCP but the parks are lovely and there is a Christmas parade, an electrical parade, tree lighting ceremony, Disney on ice type show, Christmas market stalls etc. We can't wait, we have the woolly hats, scarfs, boots and big jackets ready!!! :xmas:

harveyt0206

Original Poster
What a great husband! I would love to go down just to see the lights and decorations but it just doesn't work for us. And knowing you'll be back in September is even better because you don't have to do and see everything. Have a great time!

Thanks Dakotadisney. And you are absolutely right about not feeling pressure to see everything. We are already game planning what we are willing to cut this trip because we know we can see it in September.

We're there next September too and although we're not able to 'nip over' to Florida for a 4 day break - I'm off to Disneyland Paris tomorrow with my daughter , friend, SiL and niece for a 4 day stay. There is no MVMCP but the parks are lovely and there is a Christmas parade, an electrical parade, tree lighting ceremony, Disney on ice type show, Christmas market stalls etc. We can't wait, we have the woolly hats, scarfs, boots and big jackets ready!!! :xmas:

I would love to visit DLP at some point in my lifetime. I am one of those Yankees that has never left the USA, but I am sure there will come a time when I can hop over to your side of the Atlantic and if that happens, DLP is definitely on the agenda. Have a wonderful trip and post a TR with some pics if you have a chance. I know I would love to read a trip report on DLP. :wave:

4everDory

Wow! How exciting! A surprise trip from your DH! I would LOVE to go in late November or December, but DH can't go at that time of year, due to his job. I almost got to go for a TA training trip this year, but the training was full. Maybe next year! If not, maybe my girls and I can take a short trip down to see all the Christmas decorations sometime :rolleyes: Anyways, I can't wait to hear all the details before, during, and after your trip! I know you'll have a blast! Oh, yeah, we'll be there in September, too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom