The Lover and the Tolerater: The Tale of One Lil Spark's Disneymoon

Hello all! :wave:

First of all, I know I'm about a month late in posting this. Stupid life always seems to get in the way when you have fun things you want to do...

Let's start at the beginning!

On Friday, September 10th, this happened:
Kissyface.jpg

...And this (awesomenessity):
Cake.jpg

...And this:
Scandalous.jpg

So what is a Disneyphile supposed to do when she gets married? Why, go on a DISNEYMOON, of course!

Too bad my husbad, Scott, is the epitome of what I like to refer to as a 'Disney Meh-ist'. He could take it or leave it, doesn't really care either way. Though one of his greatest pleasures in life is making fun of my obsession with all thing WDW. He doesn't get it, but he gets that it makes me happy.

Convincing him to go to WDW for our Honeymoon wasn't too hard... If your idea of pulling teeth is a walk through the park. In the end, I won because he loves me and wanted me to have the best Honeymoon ever. Thus, our Disneymoon came to be!

More to come... :D

tiaragirl

Loving your wedding pictures, sunglasses, and the fact that since you talked your hubby into a Disneymoon, there is hope for me getting Cameron (BF) there sometime in the future.

PS: that picture outside It's a Small World is HILARIOUS.. my father/friend Erica would feel the same way.

diddy_mouse

Congrats! Congrats! :king:

I can sense from the pictures how happy you were to have your new husband with you at a place that makes you, well -- happy!

I love how you were so elated to see EO. When I was there two weeks ago (to the day exactly!) I dragged my husband to the show. I said look...I'm an MJ fan AND and old-school EPCOT fan. This is a must-do for me! :lol:

Look forward to reading the rest of your TR! :wave:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Loving your wedding pictures, sunglasses, and the fact that since you talked your hubby into a Disneymoon, there is hope for me getting Cameron (BF) there sometime in the future.

PS: that picture outside It's a Small World is HILARIOUS.. my father/friend Erica would feel the same way.
There's ALWAYS hope for getting someone to WDW who is otherwise against it. My method: Cheap freaking tickets. For some reason, if they feel they're not paying full price, they don't mind going so much. :p

Thanks for the kind words. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on our wedding cake!
So, um Hey Scott..How YOU doing?..

Jenn..this picture is just *sighs*..

He is one handsome guy! and you are GORGEOUS..you know that though!..
Darling, you don't have to tell me my husband is handsome... Have you seen his current facebook picture from the wedding as he watched me come down the aisle? Hellooooooo! :slurp:
I love Disneymoons!! Ours was 21 years ago.:D

I love your pictures and I laughed out loud at the sword in the stone picture!
Congrats on 21 years together, Tammy! The Sword and the Stone picture was a great story... He actually waited behind 2 families to then tell me, "Hey, get this picture!"

He secretly loved the place, but would only mask the love as saying, "Our son will love this in a year or two..." Haha. He's totally hooked.
Congrats! Congrats! :king:

I can sense from the pictures how happy you were to have your new husband with you at a place that makes you, well -- happy!

I love how you were so elated to see EO. When I was there two weeks ago (to the day exactly!) I dragged my husband to the show. I said look...I'm an MJ fan AND and old-school EPCOT fan. This is a must-do for me! :lol:

Look forward to reading the rest of your TR! :wave:
Captain EO was a must-do! I'm not exaggerating at all when I say I cried. I guess that shows how huge of an EPCOT Center nerd I am.
Congrats!!! Loving the report!
Thank you!
Congratulations!! ((HUGS)) May you have many, many years of happiness together! <3
Thank you very much, Mad. We appreciate having you and The Boss as a role model on how marriage should work.
Congratulations on your wedding and Disney Honeymoon!
It looks like you guys had an amazing trip-can't wait to see more!
Thank you! More is to come, for sure.
Great trip report Jenn! So happy for you Scott and Eli. Keep the pics coming. :sohappy:
Yay Mike! Thanks for checking out my TR... More to come, for sure. :D

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
So, while I'm in a moment of reflection on our time in MK, here's some notes...

First off, confession time. We did the unspeakable and snuck a small bottle of rum in and enjoyed a PHENOMENAL Dole Whip. We're talking an airplane bottle each. Judge all you want, but it was our honeymoon and it was insanely delicious. We might even plan a trip where we stay at the Poly just so we can have a Dole Whip with rum and not worry about punishment or judgement. :)slurp: Amazing)

Also, we were there the day of the Splash Mountain fire. Wow... My phone was getting blown up for updates! After that beast reopened, I pulled a CM aside in the queue and said, "Where was the fire?" Well, this CM was either well trained or a total jerk. He scoffed at me really rudely and said, "Fire? What? Where did you hear that?" I said, "On the internet..." He said, "Umm... What internet? I have NO clue what you're talking about."

Now, reading that it sounds like he was just messing with me. This CM had straight ATTITUDE, so my husband told me to back off. All I did was ask a question! So, hats off to WDW if that's how you train CMs - To play dumb at all costs.

My husband had a HUGE crush on Alice in Wonderland. Everytime we passed her in the park, he'd try to line up. Sadly, other pervy 30-somethings with their kids had the same idea. Though we didn't have our kid, so he had no excuse to line up for his picture with the pretty girl. :p

He played on his Droid X through CBJ and CoP, which really broke my heart. What can you do though?

Also, for wishes, we claimed our piece of prime MSUSA real estate RIGHT behind a Photopass photographer. For some reason, people never really approached us or try to step on us. I guess the Photopass guys command respect in front of the Castle in the hub. :D

lilclerk

Soo, I'm late to the party, but best wedding cake ever!

And my boyfriend, who is a Disney Meh-ist himself, loves hidden Mickeys. Ladies, find a game for them to play and keep them occupied if they're not into the Disney magic :lol:

foreverbelle

I love TR! Congrats on the marriage. Your husband reminds me of my husband. When we were talking honeymoon he hated. I mean HATED the whole idea of a Disneymoon but knew that it would make me happy so he went along.

But we went, and loo and behold he loved it, so much so that I have converted him into a Disney fan, and now go at least once a year. In fact there are times when I debate who loves it more, myself, my husband or my son...

Mommy wins for now...so yes there is always hope.

harveyt0206

Loving the TR. Great pics and so happy for you and your hubby. Congrats on the Disneymoon!! In my opinion, there is NO better way to start a marriage than at WDW. :D

Hrudey3032

Since I didn't want to burn my husband out on WDW so soon during the week, we decided to hang out at our resort on Tuesday and play at the pools. We had many Johnny Depp moments - "But why is the rum gone?"

After consulting the online crowd predicting gods again, Wednesday would prove to be MK day!

Here's some pictures of our adventure
MooneyHon195.jpg

My favorite picture and my sentiments are the same as your husbands!

Scott-"Thank God I don't have that It's a Small World song in my head all day!"

Mikester71

<snip> My husband had a HUGE crush on Alice in Wonderland. Everytime we passed her in the park, he'd try to line up. Sadly, other pervy 30-somethings with their kids had the same idea. Though we didn't have our kid, so he had no excuse to line up for his picture with the pretty girl. :p <snip>

:ROFLOL:HILARIOUS, but sadly true! I remember when my son and I got our picture taken with Pocahontas in Animal Kingdom two trips ago. I DEFINITELY look more happy than him in the picture! Thank God for kids!!! :p

Oh yeah...GREAT trip report and pictures too! Love the one of your hubby giving the thumbs up to IASW being closed. :lol: And I'll be the first...very cool wedding cake! Different, but different in a cool way! Gotta love some DK! :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom