Haunted Mansion movie...WITHOUT EDDIE MURPHY!

EpcotServo

Aside from featuring the occasional Paul Frees in the beginning and maybe end, PLEASE cast Christoph Waltz as the Ghost Host!
:lol: :D

I can just hear in Hans Landa voice "We have Nine-Hundred-And-Ninety-Nine Happy Haunts here..." -Chuckles- "Of course, there's always room for a Thousand!" -looks skeptical- "Any Volunteers?" -Long pause as his stare turns serious- "If you insist on lagging behind, of course you may not need volunteer..."

-pause-

-He awkwardly laughs- "How exciting! I love having Guests!"

imagineer boy

Aside from featuring the occasional Paul Frees in the beginning and maybe end, PLEASE cast Christoph Waltz as the Ghost Host!
:lol: :D

I can just hear in Hans Landa voice "We have Nine-Hundred-And-Ninety-Nine Happy Haunts here..." -Chuckles- "Of course, there's always room for a Thousand!" -looks skeptical- "Any Volunteers?" -Long pause as his stare turns serious- "If you insist on lagging behind, of course you may not need volunteer..."

-pause-

-He awkwardly laughs- "How exciting! I love having Guests!"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOhhhhhhh that's a bingo!!!! Is that how you say it? That's a bingo?

PatriciaH

Just watched the new Tron trailer. The visuals look great. But that doesn't mean the movie will be any good. I mean, the first Tron looked great in its day. But the story sucked and the movie was a disappointment. That could easily happen here too.

But I'll give you this much, it was a great trailer.

This bodes nothing for HM. Other than being produced by the same studio, they have nothing to do with each other. That's like saying Prince of Persia bodes ill for Tron.

Entertainment Weekly had a story about Tron in the last issue. They went to Pixar to help write this new Tron storyline.

misterID

I'm a big Del Toro fan, but I'd really like to see what he'd do with 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. And then let him design a new JTTCOTE/ 20K attraction at WDW. :D

David Fincher is doing the new 20K movie for Disney, which is cool, but still...

jt04

I'm a big Del Toro fan, but I'd really like to see what he'd do with 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. And then let him design a new JTTCOTE/ 20K attraction at WDW. :D

David Fincher is doing the new 20K movie for Disney, which is cool, but still...

What? I thought it was shelved. :shrug: Is this comic-con news?

Yesterday con grabbed headlines. Today? Not so much. :snore:

_Scar

Pretty sure 20K is in the same position as Newt.

Meaning it's probably not going to live to see the light of day- sadly.

cookiee_munster

Read about this yesterday on empireonline.com i have to say, im quite excited. i was excited the last time though when the other mansion movie was announced. so i just hope this one is a lot better than the last.

thing is though. if you take the concept and storyline of the mansions, they're actually quite dark. and to deliver this on celluloid will need an awful lot dumbing down to keep it more family friendly.

if the film is to contain all the elements that the rides have, than a 12a rating (no less) would be applicable. i know its a family ride, but when you dig deeper and look into the story of the attraction, its actually rather macabre.

it would be cool for del Torro to work with the storyline from Phantom Manor, that seems to have a more coherent storyline, pretty macabre too. the great thing about Torro is also his big use of physical effects rather than all digital, which is why i was SO disappointed with Burton's Alice (so rubbish, so drowned in CGI) for someone who's created incredibly immersive set based films, i was rather sad to see he did a George Lucas on the whole film...

what i'd like? a very dark version of the film, much like Burton's sleepy hollow with all the gags and humor as well as frights. no singing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom