South American tour groups now on property in big numbers

BrerFrog

When I was in AK in Jan 07 at Camp Minnie-Mickey It was nice and quiet with no one there as the people left FoTLK. When all of a sudden a Man with a flag stood in an empty section of Minnie-Mickey. He Raised his flag and BOOM about 50 to 60 people come out of nowhere..There frickin ninjas I have no clue where they came from..It was incredible!

I feel sorry for you, but that part was hysterical. :ROFLOL:

mamamouse

oh! my fave are the cheerleaders who wake you up with their 5 am cheer practice,after being awake all night with a cranky 3 year old(who had an allergic reaction to something there).Or any other group thats really loud before the suns even up,other than that I've had no issues.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I was there last July around this time. God those tour groups will make you want to pull your hair right out of your head. Talking during preshows, cutting lines, chanting while waiting for Fantasmic. Rudeness to the utmost level.

One silver lining is that one particular group provided me and my soon to be wife with a joke that will last a lifetime. We were in Epcot about to kick off a tour of the WS, and the excellent selection of libations when a huge group in sky blue t-shirts came marching through. They were all wearing matching backpacks with the word LUCAT in huge lettering, with the words BIG FUN written underneath. For whatever reason we found this hysterical, and now anytime we are having a good time and laughing it up, we break out the "Lucat big fun" line. Slays us.

NewfieFan

They are there is June as well.

I saw a few in June as well... but not enough that they bothered me! I just remember them walking around in their matching shirts and someone in front with a flag.

What did bother me was the school groups in March! For the most part they were well behaved but one night on the way back from DTD to ASMusic a school choral group decided to entertain us the whole way back! :hammer:

parkgoer

ha, oh the beloved brazilian tour groups. Do they know how ignorant and disrepctful they sound when they are doing their little chants? what about the chants about brazil? This is America...

Yea, regrouping, spreading out, and sitting down in high traffic areas. smart.

MouseDreaming

Welcome Tour Groups! Thank you for spending your cold, hard cash here, in America! The US is more than happy to have your tourist dollars! Our economy needs that direct monetary infusion. Have a great time and tell your friends. Come back, soon!

Sometimes, this little head chant helps when dealing with international tour groups of all sorts.:ROFLOL:

RustyBridges

When I see these groups I immediately head in the opposite direction. Also, another method of avoidance is to use the Animal House marching band method. Buy one of those little flags then lead the group right out the front gate of the park.

rsoxguy

Everyone can relax; I have decided to send my attack robot loose at WDW with very specific orders. Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa! :drevil:

roflbot.jpg

Space Mountain

Be glad none of you work our attractions when these groups come! I say a prayer everytime they ride, praying that the ride won't shut down requiring an evacuation..

NYwdwfan

I was there in July 2007 and there were so many green Brazil T-shirts in MK one day that it prompted my dad to ask if there was anyone left in Brazil?!

BrerFrog

Be glad none of you work our attractions when these groups come! I say a prayer everytime they ride, praying that the ride won't shut down requiring an evacuation..

I have felt your pain. It is specially worse when your nametag has "Brazil" spelled on pretty big letters. It is a frightening experience. :lookaroun

I'm going to WDW in September, will they be gone by then?:dazzle:

I believe they will. As I said, Winter Vacation ends as August begins around here. By September they are all back to school.

Becky

Brazilian CM's are great. :king: Non-Disney, my Ohio daughter went for an "informational" interview with a (new to the hospital she works for) brain surgeon from Brazil. She said he was very nice and asked her to be his secretary.:) Tour Groups, I was young once.;) As some have posted, some(many?) of our own American groups of young people are worse.:eek:

SoupBone

I don't understand all the hate. Large groups are not just from Brazil although I think why we see them is because they wear bright colors, are organized, and are a bit more flamboyant than their U.S. counterparts. i have had a few try and cut me in line and a good elbow usually gets my point across but that's only if I'm in the middle of a stampede. :)

Most of the groups I've encountered have been teenagers having a fun time at what is supposed to be the most magical place on Earth. Most were well behaved. My buddy did make me laugh during our recent trip (July 1-5). He said Brazil lost in the World Cup because no one was at the games to cheer them on. Apparently they all came to WDW for vacation...lol :ROFLOL:

NadieMasK2

We were there last weekend, and the only annoying run in we had with them was at Big Thunder Mountain. We were waiting for our FP time to hit as we got there about 2 minutes before our time, and about a minute before our time a tour leader came up with a stack of about 100 FP's. So we were in a so-called fast pass line behind them all. What's the point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom