Star Tours II 3D tentative reopening date - May 17 2011

hpyhnt 1000

Hmmm...that would put them right around the time Star Wars Weekends usually start up, wouldn't it? Makes sense to me...

Steve, any word you can share on how planning is going?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmmm...that would put them right around the time Star Wars Weekends usually start up, wouldn't it? Makes sense to me...

Yet it would...around 2-3 days prior to the first SWW of 2011. Providing that they keep to the current schedule of course.

invictor23

Excellent news if this is true. One of my favourite rides in the studios, and was getting worried it wouldn't be open in time for my visit!

Mr.EPCOT

There've been at least a couple other sources indicate that they're shooting for a May 4th opening... as in "May the Fourth be with you"

Atomicmickey

Question: Will the Endor forest on the exterior be boarded/tarped, and is the exterior going to change at all, or stay the same with the AT-AT, etc.?

Master Gracey 5

Makes sense on timing to get the ride open before SWW - hopefully it works out for them. Either way it will be down when I'm there this winter.

Question: Will the Endor forest on the exterior be boarded/tarped, and is the exterior going to change at all, or stay the same with the AT-AT, etc.?

I haven't heard one way or another, but I'm curious too. It would be great if they actually expanded the theming a bit more as part of the rehab. Of course they'd overdo the Ep. I-III references so maybe I should watch what I wish for.

RSoxNo1

I thought this was announced a few weeks ago? Does anyone know why Disneyland's version will be closed for a longer period of time?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought this was announced a few weeks ago? Does anyone know why Disneyland's version will be closed for a longer period of time?

Closing date has been officially announced, a reopening date has not been announced.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Yep it would be just in time for Star Wars Weekends :)

Nothing yet to report on anything else.

Rob562

Closing date has been officially announced, a reopening date has not been announced.

Well, I'm not sure how "unannounced" it is with a specific closed-for-refurb end date listed on the park calendar on the WDW website...

Though if you mean there hasn't been a press release about it, yeah, I guess you can say it's still unannounced.

-Rob

Lee

Adventurer
This is what I'm curious about also. If true, I'm concerned that the DL version is getting more love.
DL and Studios getting the same upgrades to the ride.
The queues/exteriors are different, so its hard to compare, but neither is getting "more love" than the other.

Also, the Star Tours building at DL is much harder to access for refurbishment purposes. That could add a bit of time to the schedule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom