"Seatbelt Fail"

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
I just saw this on failblog...

129147313850818096.jpg

I suppose he just sat on the seat belt after putting it into the slot... or it's photoshopped.

Here's the original page...
http://failblog.org/2010/05/15/epic-fail-photos-seatbelt-fail-2/

Biff215

I can't remember for sure, but wouldn't this be impossible since the picture is taken when the elevator is not in freefall? Doesn't it pause at some point for the picture?

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
photoshopped.... besides, how could this photo exist, it would at most have one copy and otherwise wiped from the system... and that one copy would be under lock and key

yeah, I just realized how many aspects of this photo don't make a lot of sense... right before you posted actually haha

The small child in the front, and while being airborne would be during a drop sequence... most people would be screaming or at least having their hair fly in the air.

Figment1986

yeah, I just realized how many aspects of this photo don't make a lot of sense... right before you posted actually haha

The small child in the front, and while being airborne would be during a drop sequence... most people would be screaming or at least having their hair fly in the air.

My guess it's an actual image from the DCA version... (I don't remember when theirs is taken)... just shopped to add the free flying guy.

Wannabe Walt

The photo is taken at a point where objects are able to appear to float --- so either right after you get shot upward and paused, or during a drop. (Water bottles make easy and "safe" floaters).

And most times I've ridden, a lot of the people in the picture look fairly calm --- some of course are freaking out, but more times than not I've found most people look like they knew it was coming.

aklodge

This photo is quite old, and yes, it is a Photoshop job.

1. The seatbelts are designed in such a way that if unlatched, or even cut, the ride is immediately put into an E-Stop. This is one of the advantages to having the ride system pull you down instead of going into freefall; it can stop at any point. There are also sensors to sense where there is motion where there shouldn't be, which would have also stopped the ride.

2. The photo is taken at a time when you are basically stationery (only at DCA).

3. ToT has cameras that are being actively monitored at all times. Not only would a CM have noticed this, but they would have called Anaheim PD and had a trespassing order placed on them.

Nemo14

...probably photoshopped, but in all fairness, originally ToT only had a seatbelt in the middles seat in the back row didn't it?

aklodge

"Trespassing order"?? Huh?? :veryconfu
Isn't that self-explanitory? They would have kicked them out of the park and had Anaheim PD place a trespassing order on them, so that if they ever came back to the park it would be considered trespassing and they could be arrested. They don't take stuff like this (although this never happened) lightly for obvious reasons.

mastif

This photo is quite old, and yes, it is a Photoshop job.

1. The seatbelts are designed in such a way that if unlatched, or even cut, the ride is immediately put into an E-Stop. This is one of the advantages to having the ride system pull you down instead of going into freefall; it can stop at any point. There are also sensors to sense where there is motion where there shouldn't be, which would have also stopped the ride.

2. The photo is taken at a time when you are basically stationery (only at DCA).

3. ToT has cameras that are being actively monitored at all times. Not only would a CM have noticed this, but they would have called Anaheim PD and had a trespassing order placed on them.

I believed all of that until i read the last sentence. "uhh 911? a guest just rode tot with no seatbelt, can you send the police" lol "no we never checked his seatbelt..."

Some one would lose their job.

Monorail_Orange

FWIW, I had the opportunity to ride DHS's Tower back when they were still using lap bars for most of the riders. For reasons I'm not at liberty to share :animwink: the lap bar wasn't securely fastened. It was pulled down just enough to satisfy the ride sensors. It was an interesting feeling, but during the negative G's, the most that happened was we found ourselves standing instead of sitting. In our picture, all you could see of our back row was from the necks down. We didn't wait around to get a copy,either, we were amazed that it made it to the video screen.

Anyways, my point is the picture from the OP is absolutely photoshopped. The ride doesn't create enough negative G's to pull you out of your seat and throw you against the ceiling even if you are unrestrained.

Slipknot

I feel this needs more of an explanation.

Exactly what I said. I saw a DOG on Tower at Studios. Needless to say the CM at load was fired (that wasn't his first offense either, I won't get into the rest) and the Tower Control CM was reprimanded for not seeing the dog on the monitors.

aklodge

I believed all of that until i read the last sentence. "uhh 911? a guest just rode tot with no seatbelt, can you send the police" lol "no we never checked his seatbelt..."

Some one would lose their job.
Despite your attempts to be comical, that is not how it works. Do you seriously not understand that Anaheim PD would be called to write a no trespassing order on the guest (had they actually purposefully cut or disengaged the seatbelt), or are you just trying to be funny?

Why wouldn't Disney place a no trespassing order on a guest who was stupid enough to endanger both his life and the life of other guests?

The Mom

Premium Member
Despite your attempts to be comical, that is not how it works. Do you seriously not understand that Anaheim PD would be called to write a no trespassing order on the guest (had they actually purposefully cut or disengaged the seatbelt), or are you just trying to be funny?

Why wouldn't Disney place a no trespassing order on a guest who was stupid enough to endanger both his life and the life of other guests?

Police depts do have non-911 lines available for issues that need a policeman but are not a true emergency. Disney security would "hold" the person until the police arrive.

Unfortunately, too many people have difficulty understanding the difference between an emergency and nonemergency, or they're just too lazy to look up the correct number, so they abuse the 911 line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom