When should I get my Magical Express Packet?

jessfriends

I will be in the Orlando area starting on May 29th. I will be in Disney June 5-9. I already got my trip packet with the package vouchers, but I did not receive my magical express ticket yet. I am only using it one way to go from Pop Century to the MCO airport. Should I have received it by now? I am afraid that I should have received it and didn't. Should I call & check or should I wait a few more days?

Thanks!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I will be in the Orlando area starting on May 29th. I will be in Disney June 5-9. I already got my trip packet with the package vouchers, but I did not receive my magical express ticket yet. I am only using it one way to go from Pop Century to the MCO airport. Should I have received it by now? I am afraid that I should have received it and didn't. Should I call & check or should I wait a few more days?

Thanks!
You can [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]contact Disney's Magical Express Guest Services at (866) 599-0951. They'll be able to confirm that you have a booking. Worst case, you can call once you're there, since you're only using the service to leave.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

jessfriends

Original Poster
You can [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]contact Disney's Magical Express Guest Services at (866) 599-0951. They'll be able to confirm that you have a booking. Worst case, you can call once you're there, since you're only using the service to leave.[/FONT]

Thanks MontyMon! You have been a big help! :D

Upvote 0

ABigBrassBand

May I reccomend something? I liked the Magical Express service when I used it, but you have to keep in mind that your luggage comes a few hours after you arrive at your hotel. It sure saves stress of getting your luggage, etc. But when we realized that everyone else in the bus had their luggage we started to get worried. We arrived at 8 and didn't get our luggage to 11:30, at which point my Dad was wondering where the "magic" went :p. Also, we waited an hour for the bus to leave, if you're willing to wait that long. From the laziness I currently suffer from it is worth it, but if you're not patient at all I'd avoid it.

Just informin' you and all.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
May I reccomend something? I liked the Magical Express service when I used it, but you have to keep in mind that your luggage comes a few hours after you arrive at your hotel. It sure saves stress of getting your luggage, etc. But when we realized that everyone else in the bus had their luggage we started to get worried. We arrived at 8 and didn't get our luggage to 11:30, at which point my Dad was wondering where the "magic" went :p. Also, we waited an hour for the bus to leave, if you're willing to wait that long. From the laziness I currently suffer from it is worth it, but if you're not patient at all I'd avoid it.

Just informin' you and all.
The OP is only using DME to return to the airport... Baggage timings won't be an issue. :wave:

Upvote 0

2bornot2be

Thanks!

Call Disney and request your ticket asap. On the day before your departure call the front desk and remind them of your departure date. My Family done this once also and since we were not in the system they forgot to get our bags in the morning of our departure day so we had to take them up to the front ourself.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Call Disney and request your ticket asap. On the day before your departure call the front desk and remind them of your departure date. My Family done this once also and since we were not in the system they forgot to get our bags in the morning of our departure day so we had to take them up to the front ourself.
DME doesn't collect your bags when you're leaving WDW. If you've had your bags picked up in the past, it might be that you requested Bell Services do so. DME also doesn't check your bags for you when you depart, that's an entirely separate service called Resort Airline Check-In, provided by a different company and only for select airlines and only for domestic flights.

DME will collect your bags on arrival at MCO if you put the yellow tags on them and deliver them to your resort room if you board their bus to the resort. They will transport you to and from MCO if you've booked with them in advance. That's all they do.

Upvote 0

Mot

They are sending the Magical Express Packets out differently now. I called to find out why I had not received mine when in the past it came sometimes 45 days prior to the trip. The cast member stated they have now changed the send date to 7 - 10 days prior your departure date. I would still confirm your packet is being sent 2 weeks prior just to be on the safe side.

Upvote 0

DCLcruiser

I am going on the Disney Cruise Line on May 16 (this coming weekend!) and then we are going to Disney World after, w/ Magic Express taking us to MCO.

I just got my Magic Express tickets on Friday (so like a week before).

Upvote 0

fosse76

Thanks!

Don't panick just yet. I'm going next Thursday, and I JUST received my DME packet on Saturday. So I'd wait if I were you. Since you're only using it on the return trip, if you don't get it I'm sure you can still arrange it once you get to the resort.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

We arrived at 8 and didn't get our luggage to 11:30, at which point my Dad was wondering where the "magic" went :p.
Respectfully, your Dad wasn't fully informed about DME policies. It's printed right there in the DME packet they mail to you that you should expect your bags in your room within about 3 hours of resort check-in ... that's 3 hours from resort check-in, not 3 hours from airplane landing. So if you LANDED at 8 and got your bags at 11:30, you did much better than was promised ... you say you waited an hour for the bus, so you didn't get on the bus 'til about 9, probably at your resort by 9:30 or so, so if you got your bags at 11:30 that means you got them within about 2 hours of resort check-in.

And even if you checked-in at your resort at 8, 3.5 hours isn't "unmagical" to me, being only 30 minutes beyond the about 3 hour timeframe.

You didn't mention if you arrived at 8 a.m. or 8 p.m. If it was a.m., I also want to point out that the bags are delivered to the inside of your room whether you're in there or not, so there's no need to sit in the room and wait for the bags to arrive.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

That's not how DME works. They don't come and get your bags on your departure day. if you are flying on a "participating airline" then you can use Resort Airline Check-in; if you're not flying a participating airline, you can't use RAC and you must take the baags onto the bus.

But even for people using RAC, there is no system where your resort picks up your bags for you. Sure, you could call Bell Services to take your bags to the lobby for you, but YOU must bring your checked bags to the RAC desk yourself. This is a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirement ... you are checking your bags in with your airline at RAC, and you need to be there and show ID, etc., just like when you use curbside check-in or go to your airline's ticket counter.

So maybe your family made an appointment to have your bags brought to the lobby, but you still would've had to check them in at the RAC desk yourselves regardless.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom