Free and secret Disney Transportation Trading Cards

goofykid

Original Poster
Are you someone that has taken your family to Walt Disney World a few times and are looking for something different to do on your next visit? Or perhaps you are looking for a souvenir that doesn’t break the bank.

Well, I have four words for you: Disney Transportation Trading Cards.

Disney World has created a set of 18 trading cards that are based upon the various modes of transportation at the Walt Disney World Resort.

There are three bus related cards, three watercraft (Ferryboat, Motor Cruiser, & Motor Launch) related cards, and twelve monorail based cards. The best thing about them is that they are FREE! They are not for sale (eBay aside), they have to be collected, usually one at a time.

Collecting an entire set is not easy, but what worthwhile challenges ever are? The cards are given out the by cast members operating the various forms of transportation.

To obtain a card, you need to politely ask the driver/operator if they have any Transportation Trading Cards. They are given limited numbers to distribute, so they may not have any on hand at all times. The key is to be polite and remember to thank them if you do receive cards.

The bus drivers will only have the bus related cards, and the monorail operators will only have monorail related cards, etc. So you will have the fun of exploring the various transportation modes if you wish to collect all 18.

The cards themselves depict the mode of transportation on the front and have interesting facts about it on the reverse side. These are nice trading cards and make fine items to keep and collect.

Don’t expect to be able to collect the entire set during one trip, unless you plan to spend a large portion of your vacation riding the Disney Transportation System(although some of you may really enjoy it.).

I would recommend that if you want to collect all of them to expect that it will take more than one visit and try to pick up the missing cards during future vacations.

This is yet another form of unadvertised Magic that can be found at Walt Disney World!

NewfieFan

Really!?! That sounds awesome... I know my kids will be all over this!

Soooo, you just walk up and ask them for transportation trading cards!?!

goofykid

Original Poster
Yep

Yes! I actually got some Monorail ones, but sometimes they dont have them.

I posted some pictures, just have to wait for them to be approved

goofykid

Original Poster
Actually

It's been going on for a while. I was last there a little more then a year ago!

They don't advertise it, and it's free.

We were given them by a monorail operator after i helped a women up when she fell. He told me i could get them from basically any transportation at WDW!

Princess Clayre

Funny you should mention these as they were just featured on a 'WDWradio' podcast. I'd never heard about them before and now twice in 1 week!

My little boy loves this sort of thing so we thought we might investigate them on our next trip.

sweetpee_1993

This is really cool. How long has this been running? I believe it's new.

I'm not sure how long the transportation cards have been out there. Seems like the boys started getting them in 2007 but I could be wrong. Could've been earlier or maybe a little later. After a while the years start running together so it's hard to say. LOL! We've got a stack of 'em somewhere around here. I'll have to see if I can locate them. Generally if it's not insanely busy yet the boys will ask bus drivers or monorail platform CM's for them. I think we were told once that the best time to get them is in the morning because the CM's only get handed so many when they come to work in the morning. Once or twice the boys would get handed one or two, they'd get all excited about them, then the CM would come back & hand them several more. I recall at least one time they got handed a stack. :D Like I said, I'll try to find some to show you. My sons collected them so there's really no telling where the majority of them have ended up at in those black holes of bedrooms they keep. :lol:

sweetpee_1993

Okay. Found a bunch.

They are numbered 1 - 18. We have all but 4, 5, 6, 17, & 18. Some we have duplicates. My best guess is the 4,5, & 6 are boats. 1-3 are different buses. 7 - 16 are all different monorails. Maybe 17 & 18 are monorails, too?

The front of each card is an illustration of a Disney transportation vehicle. The back is trivia about the vehicle, a character, and a Q/A about that character. I'll scan after I pick the boys up from school.

Brian_WDW74

Are you someone that has taken your family to Walt Disney World a few times and are looking for something different to do on your next visit? Or perhaps you are looking for a souvenir that doesn’t break the bank.

Well, I have four words for you: Disney Transportation Trading Cards.

Disney World has created a set of 18 trading cards that are based upon the various modes of transportation at the Walt Disney World Resort.

There are three bus related cards, three watercraft (Ferryboat, Motor Cruiser, & Motor Launch) related cards, and twelve monorail based cards. The best thing about them is that they are FREE! They are not for sale (eBay aside), they have to be collected, usually one at a time.

Collecting an entire set is not easy, but what worthwhile challenges ever are? The cards are given out the by cast members operating the various forms of transportation.

To obtain a card, you need to politely ask the driver/operator if they have any Transportation Trading Cards. They are given limited numbers to distribute, so they may not have any on hand at all times. The key is to be polite and remember to thank them if you do receive cards.

The bus drivers will only have the bus related cards, and the monorail operators will only have monorail related cards, etc. So you will have the fun of exploring the various transportation modes if you wish to collect all 18.

The cards themselves depict the mode of transportation on the front and have interesting facts about it on the reverse side. These are nice trading cards and make fine items to keep and collect.

Don’t expect to be able to collect the entire set during one trip, unless you plan to spend a large portion of your vacation riding the Disney Transportation System(although some of you may really enjoy it.).

I would recommend that if you want to collect all of them to expect that it will take more than one visit and try to pick up the missing cards during future vacations.

This is yet another form of unadvertised Magic that can be found at Walt Disney World!

Why is this an exact word-for-word quote from a September 8, 2008 posting on the Only WDWorld web site?

http://www.onlywdworld.com/2008/09/transportation-trading-cards-another.html

lebeau

A bus driver gave my daughter some back in 2007 totally unsolicited. We were the only passengers on the way back from Magic Kingdom. It was late. We just beat the rush from Wishes. And the bus driver came over and handed her three of these cards. We had no idea what they were at the time.

sweetpee_1993

Okay well...I scanned each card we have front & back but when I came here to post the pics the little picture inserter thingamajiggy up above the text box here is missing. Strange. I checked & it's just this thread. Weird. Lemme see if I can put them all in a Photobucket folder then link it here for y'all to see.

sweetpee_1993

Okay. I'm hoping this will work. I organized & labeled all the scans so everything is pretty well in order. You can go to my WDW Transportation Card Scans here.

We have duplicates of the following:

#3 - 2 extras
#8 - 1 extra
#10 - 1 extra
#12 - 1 extra

Of course we'd love to fill the gaps in what we have. So we'll be open to trades for what we're missing: #'s 4 thru 6 (boats) and #'s 17 & 18 (both monorails).

Thanks y'all! Hope you enjoyed! :wave:

WDWCheese

I love these! They seem to be so hard to collect though. The only place I have found to be able to get "different" cards was at the TTC. The Bus drivers almost always have some but the same every time. And the monorail drivers never seem to have any. But always ask the CMs at monorail stops. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom