Imagineers at future MI coaster building.

cdunbar

I have heard about this new coaster, but really don't know anything about it. Does anyone know what the "ride experience" is going to be like?
If I remember correctly, and Lee, or Martin correct me if I'm wrong, it was going to be based off the scene in the movie with all the doors are on that track that goes all over the monsteropolis scare facility. That's really all I remember, I'm sorry....:eek:

Figment632

If I remember correctly, and Lee, or Martin correct me if I'm wrong, it was going to be based off the scene in the movie with all the doors are on that track that goes all over the monsteropolis scare facility. That's really all I remember, I'm sorry....:eek:

Yes it will probaly be a smaller coaster and a solid D but with all the theming it could be an E.

sorcerergoofy

Nothing to be sorry about! That's plenty enough to get me excited about this! :D

cdunbar

DAK took about four years to buld and it is alot bigger than EC.
But that might have something to do with the fact that not only did they have to build a park with attractions/rides, etc., they also had to build animal exhibits/habitats, and then get the animals from all over the world. I mean it was a whole new kind of thing, there wasn't a "how to book" on building that type of a park.:shrug:

Figment632

"D", "E"....I'm new and still trying to learn all the lingo....what does that mean? :shrug: Sorry....:D

Disney used to rate there attractions and you would by ticket books. Ranked from A-E A being the least or least expensive attractions and E being the biggest most detailed or just new attraction. MOst around hear still use the terms but it is mostly subjective. Imo here are som examples for MK.

A: Frontierland Shootin Gallery, spinner rides
B: TTA, the rail road
C: Peter Pan, Buzz SRS
D: Speedway
E: HM, SPlash, BTM, POTC

But that might have something to do with the fact that not only did they have to build a park with attractions/rides, etc., they also had to build animal exhibits/habitats, and then get the animals from all over the world. I mean it was a whole new kind of thing, there wasn't a "how to book" on building that type of a park.:shrug:

I was saying that it only too 4 years to build DAK that it was fast compared to the small scale FLE.

bugsbunny

"D", "E"....I'm new and still trying to learn all the lingo....what does that mean? :shrug: Sorry....:D

Back in the day, you didn't purchase a pass to get into the park and ride the attractions. You instead bought ticket books and rides had different "values" assigned to them in tickets amounts/letters. If it was a bad-______ ride, it was an "E" ticket and you needed to use your "E" ticket from your booklet. It was the most expensive ride. The nomenclature has long since carried over even though all-day passes have been around for 30 years.

drossjr

But the opening of EC wasn't and there are no safety issues with FLE there will be no guests anywhere near there. DL was a disaster but they recovered quickly. It is not just Disney everything today in the construction industry takes longer these days.

Thats because of the filing of permits and inspections takes longer then it did back in the day! :brick:

Need to make sure the local and state government get their $ :wave:

Figment632

Thats because of the filing of permits and inspections takes longer then it did back in the day! :brick:

I didn't want to got into it but yes you are right goverment on every level does nothing but get in the way and slow things down.

janoimagine

Not at all. Disney is in a sense its own government in Florida. Thanks in part to the initial creation of the Reedy Creek inprovement district in the late 1960's. Disney basically files its building permits unto itself.

olmec26

I could be wrong, but I think the sorcerer mickey name tags are just old name tags and don't have to do with being a imagineer.

I'm fairly certain that the only CMs who wear Sorcerer Mickey nametags are members of WDI.

ETA: I too read that Soundstage 1 won't be Wicket's Warehouse this year, and that SWW merch will be sold in the AFI Showcase. This report, together with the WDI sighting and greenlighting of Monsters Inc 2, tells me that something is going on in there.

Figment632

I'm fairly certain that the only CMs who wear Sorcerer Mickey nametags are members of WDI.

ETA: I too read that Soundstage 1 won't be Wicket's Warehouse this year, and that SWW merch will be sold in the AFI Showcase. This report, together with the WDI sighting and greenlighting of Monsters Inc 2, tells me that something is going on in there.

Correct they were WDI here are all of the WDI nametags.

http://www.nametagmuseum.com/

Figment632

Here is another one!

wdi50.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not at all. Disney is in a sense its own government in Florida. Thanks in part to the initial creation of the Reedy Creek inprovement district in the late 1960's. Disney basically files its building permits unto itself.
While that is true a good portion of the work is done by outside contractors all of which have to file paperwork. Also Disney still has to report to the State of Florida, inspections still take place, work still has to meet code, etc. The biggest advantage that Disney's position really gives them is the ability to use products, procedures, etc that have not received a Florida Building Department approval code. The paperwork and inspection headache is just as mind numbing and time consuming in WDW as it is in every other county in Florida save for maybe Miami/Dade.

Captain Chaos

Didn't JT suggest this a few weeks ago and everyone jumped on him for being too positive??? Hmmm, maybe JT knew what he was talking about...

HMF

Hope this one pans out, I've been enjoying the mini-Renaissance the studios have been experiencing recently. Bring on the new stuff!
What mini-renaisance? Other than Pixar Place and Toy Story Midway Mania very little has happened. The Monsters Inc. coaster is going at a snails pace and the hat is still there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom