Imagineers at future MI coaster building.

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
I'm not one to start the rumor mill but we just got back from WDW today. On 4/23/2010 at approximately 1220p as we were walking from TSM to the backlot tour I noticed a group of Disney people standing outside the building where On the marquee it says "hot set" I assume this is the llocation for the upcoming attraction. They were viewing what appeared to be blueprints. So who else has info? I can't say they were all imaginers but at least 2 of them were because they were wearing the sorcerer Mickey name tags. Sorry no pics just glanced for a couple of seconds.

Testtrack321

I'm not Martin or Lee, but I've heard that some initial permits were filed for the new attraction. If this is for starting of construction or just testing the building, I don't know.

mastif

I could be wrong, but I think the sorcerer mickey name tags are just old name tags and don't have to do with being a imagineer.

BrerFrog

That is great news! :sohappy:

Do imagineers really use Sorcerer Mickey nametags? If not, how can we know an imagineer when we see one?

tahqa

That building is also used as the store for Star Wars Weekends and since that's only two weeks away....

Figment632

This is the way things work now with DIsney projects (unless its DVC :rolleyes:) creep along at a snails pace. I mean come on there is no reason that in the 50's DL was mostly buil in a year and now it is going to take the company longer to build a small FLE than it did Epcot :brick:

Monorail_Orange

Not to defend the snail-pace of things, but as far as comparing the speed of FLE with 50's DL or Epcot - those parks weren't still open and operating for guests - so there's not as many complications, first and foremost with guest safety concerns.

I think a better comparison would be to look to DCA and Carsland, or even IOA and Potterland, which are taking a similar amount of time.

DisneyMusician2

Not to defend the snail-pace of things, but as far as comparing the speed of FLE with 50's DL or Epcot - those parks weren't still open and operating for guests - so there's not as many complications, first and foremost with guest safety concerns.

I think a better comparison would be to look to DCA and Carsland, or even IOA and Potterland, which are taking a similar amount of time.

Not to mention the opening of 50's DL was an unmitigated disaster! Rushed that one a bit even at the time.

Hope this one pans out, I've been enjoying the mini-Renaissance the studios have been experiencing recently. Bring on the new stuff!

Now all we need is Drew Carey out and some actual animation done in the studio and we'll actually have something.

Figment632

Not to mention the opening of 50's DL was an unmitigated disaster! Rushed that one a bit even at the time.

Hope this one pans out, I've been enjoying the mini-Renaissance the studios have been experiencing recently. Bring on the new stuff!

Now all we need is Drew Carey out and some actual animation done in the studio and we'll actually have something.

But the opening of EC wasn't and there are no safety issues with FLE there will be no guests anywhere near there. DL was a disaster but they recovered quickly. It is not just Disney everything today in the construction industry takes longer these days.

Mouse Man

Agreed sounds dangerous has to go. Boy I hope the MI coaster is green lighted and under plan now. That would be great.

Does anybody remember when you were to be able via tour to see animators working on cells in the studio. We seen the Lion King, Pocahontous and Huntchback being worked on a few trips and it was a very cool thing to see. Would love to see this back again.

DisneyMusician2

But the opening of EC wasn't and there are no safety issues with FLE there will be no guests anywhere near there. DL was a disaster but they recovered quickly. It is not just Disney everything today in the construction industry takes longer these days.

I hear your point, and agree for the most part.

Rides seem a lot more complicated now and have to be a hit, guests don't seem to accept less than e-ticket now. Although IASM was an e in the old system. I think comapnies now are more hestitant with the way the media is to rush an opening.

Bluewaves

I don't think you can compare anything to the construction of Epcot, 3 years of construction and dumping tons of money on the project.

I highly doubt that Disney would ever do anything on that grand of a scale again, we didn't see studios open with almost every attraction that is there in place, nor with AK, they phased open over time.

Now as far as other things go I wouldn't mind them taking their time and doing it right the first time so we don't end up with half finished projects that are just alright.

disnyfan89

There may be no guest near the FLE but a great deal of the work is currently taking place in key backstage areas like oh, I don't know, the entrance to the tunnels. It's not like they are building on a unused plot of land with nothing around it.

Figment632

I don't think you can compare anything to the construction of Epcot, 3 years of construction and dumping tons of money on the project.

I highly doubt that Disney would ever do anything on that grand of a scale again, we didn't see studios open with almost every attraction that is there in place, nor with AK, they phased open over time.

Now as far as other things go I wouldn't mind them taking their time and doing it right the first time so we don't end up with half finished projects that are just alright.

DAK took about four years to buld and it is alot bigger than EC.

sorcerergoofy

I have heard about this new coaster, but really don't know anything about it. Does anyone know what the "ride experience" is going to be like?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom