Disney Employee Accused of Stealing Credit Card Numbers

hrcollectibles

Original Poster
FOX 35 in Orlando Just reported that a Disney Vacation Club Castmember is being accused of using a stolen credit card to purchase a bicycle.. When he was arrested he had guest information written on pieces of paper.. Kind of scary

hrcollectibles

Original Poster
Yeah.

I think if I was going to do something idiotic like breaking the law, I'd probably go for something a little better than a bike. But, that's just me. Maybe the guy was a bicycle enthusiast.

I think the report said something about he was going to send the bike to Brazil....

cdunbar

I think the report said something about he was going to send the bike to Brazil....
Like he was from Brazil and sent the bike back to have transportation at home? :lookaroun I know the whole stealing the CC #'s isn't funny but the fact that he used them to buy a bike is pretty hilarious! :lol:

Kamikaze

FOX 35 in Orlando Just reported that a Disney Vacation Club Castmember is being accused of using a stolen credit card to purchase a bicycle.. When he was arrested he had guest information written on pieces of paper.. Kind of scary

Not really scary. If your card doesn't have 100% fraud protection, get another card.

Phonedave

Not the first time this has happened - nor will it be the last at a resort the size of WDW that processes the volume of transactions it does.

What gets me is if he had the card information written on some paper, then he had to have been buying it on-line or mail-order. Odd thing to buy on-line. If it was a cheap bike, then I can see the reasoning that it might not set off warning flags, but I don't think this guy was operating at that level of thought.

-dave

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Earlier this year our credit card company fraud dept contacted us on some questionable charges from Orlando. Probably would have not thought much of it but we had not been in Orlando for about a year. One of the reasons I like DDP and charging privileges on the room key. You only expose your actual card once when you check in.

Erin_Akey

Earlier this year our credit card company fraud dept contacted us on some questionable charges from Orlando. Probably would have not thought much of it but we had not been in Orlando for about a year. One of the reasons I like DDP and charging privileges on the room key. You only expose your actual card once when you check in.

That is a really good point! Never thought of that part of it before!

ABigBrassBand

I agree with CDunBar. While it doesn't seem too funny, buying a bike with the money is pretty hilarious. For all we know though, he could've bought more after he got the bike so I think its good that they caught him early on. On the other hand, they should have 100% protection fraud for this kind of stuff.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm a fan of pre-paid debit cards for my WDW trips. That way the limit is set by me, and I can deactivate it after we get back......

zweltar

Crazy. The things some people do. We often think all things Disney are completely honest and wholesome, but then things like this happen and give us a reality check.

majorrfb

Credit Card Fraud

Crazy. The things some people do. We often think all things Disney are completely honest and wholesome, but then things like this happen and give us a reality check.

Quite frankly, I am surprised this doesn't have more often at the World. The opportunity for this type of crime is READILY available for people so inclined, yes even Disney people. So use care and common sense when using your credit card and use companies who give fraud protection and will call regarding questionable purchases. Mine does!!:sohappy:

erasure fan1

Quite frankly, I am surprised this doesn't have more often at the World. The opportunity for this type of crime is READILY available for people so inclined, yes even Disney people.
Yea this in no way surprises me at all. It doesnt matter how well you screen and how many precautions you take when you are hiring, you will still get a few bad apples.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom