Twilight Zone References in the Tower of Terror

WDWFigment

Original Poster
After seeing a cool picture of the To Serve Man book today in the picture of the day thread, I started thinking about all of the overlooked references to one of my favorite television shows of all time, The Twilight Zone, in the Tower of Terror at the Studios version of the attraction.

I know that every time our ride vehicle prepares to return us to exit, I crane my head all around to see what's in the piles of "storage" in that area. I know I've seen props from The Nick of Time (thing with the devil on top of it) and The Fever (slot machine) (as well as other references, but I can't recall the episode names of those items).

What others are there that you've seen?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
After seeing a cool picture of the To Serve Man book today in the picture of the day thread, I started thinking about all of the overlooked references to one of my favorite television shows of all time, The Twilight Zone, in the Tower of Terror at the Studios version of the attraction.

I know that every time our ride vehicle prepares to return us to exit, I crane my head all around to see what's in the piles of "storage" in that area. I know I've seen props from The Nick of Time (thing with the devil on top of it) and The Fever (slot machine) (as well as other references, but I can't recall the episode names of those items).

What others are there that you've seen?

I always look our for the Mystic Seer - great episode, and great prop!

http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Zone-Mystic-Seer-Bobble/dp/B00269PU2G

Krack

invader.jpg

There's one of these in the library. It's my Dad and I's favorite episode.

Figment82

The dummy can be found in the drop shaft as you prepare to exit the elevator. I've been obsessed with The Twilight Zone ever since I first rode ToT in 1994. I try to catch Syfy's marathons every New Year's Eve and Fourth of July.

Amen, great show, yeah other than the dummy and the music the only things I really picked up on were the bits of episodes mixed together on the tv preshow in the library.

hpyhnt 1000

Amen, great show, yeah other than the dummy and the music the only things I really picked up on were the bits of episodes mixed together on the tv preshow in the library.

There are a few other props throughtout. Some of the ones I've seen are the gold thimble from "The After Hours" outside the library and the cookbook from "To Serve Man" in the library.

Does anyone know if there's a complete list of the ToT Twilight Zone references online? There must be one somewhere...

EDIT: Found a list from towerofterror.org: http://www.towerofterror.org/secrets/twilight-zone-references

LoriMistress

The evil dummy is there, and I believe the broken glasses (I had time! I had all the time in the world! It's not fair. It's not ffffffaaaaaaaaaaiiiirrrrrrrrrr!)

DisneyDreamer08

Hey guys. Here are all the things my husband and I found on our last trip. I'm sure there is more than this, this is just the stuff I happen to recognize.

Anthony Fremont Poster
Disney09193-2.jpg

To Serve Man Book
Disney09986.jpg

Victoria West Envelope
Disney09987.jpg

Broken Glasses
Disney09989.jpg

And the dummy
Disney09904.jpg

a2grafix

Would this be considered a Hidden Mickey inside the boiler room basement? Just happend to take a picture of it 3 years ago when I was on vacation in October 2007. The bottom of the boiler has three distinct circles.

Btw, great thread. Although I know and watch Twilight Zone on occassion, I never knew there were so many references to many of the episodes. It's truely a great ride experience, from entrance to exit.

boilerhiddenmickey.jpg

And, of course, TJ, the best bellhop.

tjbellhop.jpg

And, caught this outside about to enter the line.

tower3.jpg

WDWFigment

Original Poster
The dummy can be found in the drop shaft as you prepare to exit the elevator. I've been obsessed with The Twilight Zone ever since I first rode ToT in 1994. I try to catch Syfy's marathons every New Year's Eve and Fourth of July.

I've been a huge fan of the Twilight Zone since around that time, too. I remember Sci Fi used to air two episodes of the Twilight Zone everyday at noon and two more midnight (maybe it was 11 p.m.?). Now it seems they only air the July 3rd/4th and December 31st/Jan 1st marathons...and don't get me started on the dumb new name. SyFy? Come on...

There used to be a really good Twilight Zone fan site (I got a screensaver from there way back in the day), but I haven't been able to find it in years. Too bad if it no longer exists.

Hey guys. Here are all the things my husband and I found on our last trip. I'm sure there is more than this, this is just the stuff I happen to recognize.

Anthony Fremont Poster
Disney09193-2.jpg

To Serve Man Book
Disney09986.jpg

Victoria West Envelope
Disney09987.jpg

Broken Glasses
Disney09989.jpg

And the dummy
Disney09904.jpg

Thanks for all of these pictures. I am definitely going to make a point of getting some shots of some of this stuff while we're there in June. I've never seen those glasses; nothing beats Burgess Meredith in that episode.

Figment82

I've been a huge fan of the Twilight Zone since around that time, too. I remember Sci Fi used to air two episodes of the Twilight Zone everyday at noon and two more midnight (maybe it was 11 p.m.?). Now it seems they only air the July 3rd/4th and December 31st/Jan 1st marathons...and don't get me started on the dumb new name. SyFy? Come on...

A long time ago they used to air episodes around 7pm-ish - a more reasonable hour. Now I usually end up filling up my DVR when they have their marathons. One day I will save up some money and just buy the boxed set. :)

And yes, the new name for SciFi is bizarre - it looks like you would pronounce it as "siffy." I guess they have their reasoning though... :rolleyes:

mike10

Going to have to watch my TZ complete set again just so I can make sure to pick up on those details when I go in Nov.

Question through is the TOT based on the TZ from the late 50s to mid 60s or is there even stuff from the 80s TZ?

And PLEASE tell me their is no reference to the TZ from 2000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom