Free Dining

NewfieFan

Please god no. Let the suits over at TDO just eliminate this awful awful free dining promotion.

Why would they do that? It fills the resorts... which is exactly what the "suits" want! There are promotions all year long... why is free dining anymore awful than the rest? :shrug:

As for the OPs question. Yes, keep your eyes peeled around the end of March or early April. That is usually when it's offered. There's no guarantees, though. Nobody knows what the deal is until it comes out. The reason people are guessing that it might be free quick service is b/c the pin offers that have come out have been for free QS... but again, nobody knows anything yet!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm new here. What is the reason for the hate of the free dining? Is it beacause more people go because it is offered?

That and it makes getting ADRs even more difficult than usual with the normal Dining Plan in place. Long gone are the days of casual walk-up dining at anything other than some resort restaurants and maybe Restaurant Marrakesh [a hidden gem IMO].

I don't "hate" it, I'm quite happy booking my ADRs 180+ days out. :shrug:

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Why would they do that? It fills the resorts... which is exactly what the "suits" want! There are promotions all year long... why is free dining anymore awful than the rest? :shrug:

As for the OPs question. Yes, keep your eyes peeled around the end of March or early April. That is usually when it's offered. There's no guarantees, though. Nobody knows what the deal is until it comes out. The reason people are guessing that it might be free quick service is b/c the pin offers that have come out have been for free QS... but again, nobody knows anything yet!

Well, if I am not mistaken, the line we got earlier this year was that they would be scaling back all these discounts. Hopefully free dining is the first to go.

As for the question about why there is vitriol towards the free dining plan, it is because it has had a perceived negative impact on the dining experience at WDW. As well as eliminating any chance of visiting the world at a down time. Many people, myself included, would love to see it disappear.

Upvote 0

LilWalt

I got an email last week about Free Quick Service Dining Plan and its if you book by April 28th I think and through stays into August but its on any NON-DISCOUNTED vacation. It had a pin number with it so you may need that to actually get it but not sure.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I got an email last week about Free Quick Service Dining Plan and its if you book by April 28th I think and through stays into August but its on any NON-DISCOUNTED vacation. It had a pin number with it so you may need that to actually get it but not sure.
If there's a PIN it can only be used by the recipient of the email.

The "NON-DISCOUNTED vacation" is the part that hurts... QSDP is not all that expensive anyway, the discounts are almost always a better deal for a party of two [I think it's a really close call on the Values]. As with anything, it's best to do the maths for your own situation to determine if it's worth it for you.

Upvote 0

Korfar

The free dining haters must be quite wealthy. Shame on us for trying to save money I guess. We are a family of four so free dining saves us a lot of money. If you don't like the free dining promotion then go during times when free dining isn't offered. You should have no trouble getting reservations then.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Well, if I am not mistaken, the line we got earlier this year was that they would be scaling back all these discounts. Hopefully free dining is the first to go.

As for the question about why there is vitriol towards the free dining plan, it is because it has had a perceived negative impact on the dining experience at WDW. As well as eliminating any chance of visiting the world at a down time. Many people, myself included, would love to see it disappear.

Well, as fans (I'm assuming you are one) we really don't want down times at WDW. Sure, they make for great touring... but the money comes from people in the parks. We all want to see Disney World grow and expand, we want new rides and experiences, etc. This stuff wouldn't happen unless the people came! Disney doesn't want down time either... they're a business - they want money! It only makes sense. Why would a company choose less business over more!?! They wouldn't!!!

I have been to WDW twice during free dining... I would still consider it to be a down time (the crowds are still quite low compared to other times in the year) and the dining has always been good. I haven't had any negative experiences during free dining! In fact it's been the opposite... I had some of the best dining experiences. And I've never had to wait that long for my ADR either (which is a complaint that I've heard)... maybe I've been lucky!

And as for that line we heard earlier this year about them scaling back on discounts... we'll have to wait and see. If Disney thinks they can pack the place on regular rates... go for it! The bean counters will tell them if it worked or not!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom