We Are Surrounded By Idiots Report 12/11 - 12/17

Well Christmas in Disney is pretty amazing. The magic is definitely all around you. The lights, snow, smells, trees...everything atmosphere wise was simply amazing. However I had my first issues with some CM's, and honestly guests were at an all time high in stupidity, rudeness, and just plain lazy.

The cast

Myself

Colleen

Day 1.

We flew Air Tran for the first time. It was not all that bad. Its no Southwest by any means but it got us there alive so I am VERY thankful for that.

When we arrived at MCO we went straight to ME. They put us right on a bus and we took the 2 first seats so we could get off first! We probably waited a good 25-30 minutes before we left. It started raining as be boarded the bus, and it rained until we got to our resort and it stopped. I get off the bus and what do I see inside the lobby? 50 kids ALL dressed in their football jerseys! I thought, oh no this is going to be a nightmare. Thankfully that was the last night of whatever the hell they were there for. We checked in, put our stuff in our room, and headed to Epcot for EMH. We get on the bus and Italian music starts playing! Then we stop at All Star Music and these two Japanese girls get on the bus and they start playing Japanese music! It was kind of funny and probably something only I would notice. Its probably around 9:40pm at this time but Epcot is open till 12:30am so we figured we would go walk around, eat some Seasons Grill and be happy we are in Disney.

It was probably about 50 degrees with tons of wind, and I loved it! I was so thrilled that I could go to Epcot and not be hot and miserable the whole time. We went to Sunshine Seasons Grill, ate and then walked around World Showcase. We only rode Maelstrom. Everything was beautiful. The lights, trees...really awesome. We decided to call it a night being that we both been up since around 6am, and we both worked. We got back to Sports around 11:45 and went to bed.

Day 2 will be posted later...Im really busy today!

DisneyDreamer08

So my husband and I were in Disney right around are the time you and Colleen were there when you proposed to her. I am SO beyond jealous that you guys were already there again! I don't know what you both do for work but if you can already afford to be back at the World... we're in the wrong field!

Can't wait to read more :D

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 2

Magic Kingdom!

Well we actually went to Epcot first to eat at Sunshine Seasons again. LOVE this place. The salmon, and mashed potatoes are INSANE good! After that we got on the monorail and headed for MK. It was pretty crowded. Luckily our friend saved the day! He works at the parks and had FP hookups everywhere! We didnt do much waiting at all. We grabbed a spot at Pecos Bills in the evening to watch the 2nd showing of Spectromagic. We ate, laughed at people, complained about people and the dumb things they do, and just in general BS'ed for a while. We rode all the typical stuff. Space Mountain is awesome. It still has its bump, and I can get a body part chopped off at any moment feeling to it. The waiting, and load area is simply fantastic. The exit is pretty cool as well.

Andrew54

Hey man I think we saw you at the christmas party but wasn't sure. We didn't want to make a fool of ourselves so we didn't say anything. Guess I'm one of the idiots surrounding you in Disney. We arrived on the 11th and return tomorrow on the 19th. I'm typing this message on a bus on my way to Epcot. I was disapoinyed in the availability of 2009 park and Christmas party merchandise being so scarce and sold out.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Andrew...should have went for broke dude...You could not have said or asked someone that didnt end up being me anything more stupid than the normal things guests do...

FM...Yeah just same ol same ol guest stupidity.

Day 3...

DHS

Nick met back up with us today after we ate at 50's Prime Time. They had a walk in, so we took it. We ordered our food, the waiter walked away. Seriously 2 minutes later our food came out. What the hell is up with that? It really really tasted like it was from the day before and they heated it up. My mashed potatoes had that dry film gravy gets when it sits too long. Here is the kicker...I kid you not, and I have photographic proof...Colleens chicken...had feathers on it. Yeah...feathers. We just paid and left. I am going to for sure type a letter to the correct personnel about this whole experience. I would have done it there but I was WAY too upset to be "reasoning" with someone at that point.

We then went to Star Tours. Rex is so annoying. I don't know if its because hes 50 times louder than he needs to be, or because he bears ZERO relevance to Star Wars. Muppets was awesome...needs a cleaning though. We then went to see the lights! My eyes watered up and Colleens jaw was on the floor for at least 10 minutes. Just amazing. We are HUGE HUGE Christmas fans and this was INCREDIBLE! We also had front row center seats for Fantasmic. We got this last trip in September and its really cool to sit there. Nick left before Fantasmic because he is partial to the Disneyland version. After it was over we just kinda wondered back to Osbourne Festival of Lights and just kind of soaked it up. EMH was almost over so we just headed back to the resort because my dad was too meet up with us early Monday!

HopLow

Here is the kicker...I kid you not, and I have photographic proof...Colleens chicken...had feathers on it. Yeah...feathers. We just paid and left. I am going to for sure type a letter to the correct personnel about this whole experience. I would have done it there but I was WAY too upset to be "reasoning" with someone at that point.

WHAT?!?!?!? That is insane!! I sure hope you are posting that pic. A letter is completely warranted for that. Wow. Soooooo nasty! :hurl:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yes Ill post a pic once everything is uploaded and all that. I couldnt believe it. Had I said something to the manager or whoever...things would have probably gotten ugly...I was pretty pi$$ed.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Wow. How the heck did that make it to your table without anyone noticing that it was still feathered? Brutal.

I wondered the same thing...and everyone who has EVER eaten there...The black guy who brings out your food for you...is he not the most miserable POS you have ever seen in the whole 32830 zip code?

heartodisney

My wife and I jaws just dropped reading your post about the food..no..we have not earten there..and it WILL be off the list ..even if was not on it. Makes you wonder what other things might have happen that you CANNOT see! Good luck on calling anyone about this!

Sweet Melissa

I'm glad that you enjoyed the holiday atmosphere on your trip and hope that the negative experiences didn't affect your enjoyment too badly. I am eager to read more and see some photos!

disneygirl1

Hey John!!! I haven't been on the boards in forever, life has been crazy lately!!! I can't beleive you and Colleen are already back from your Dec trip!!! Time sure flys when your having fun!!!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 4...MK!

My dad is meeting us today around 1:30pm. He is driving from Savanna GA. We first go to AK to ride Dinosaur, and Everest. We ended up doing Bugs Life because it was very busy and hot there. We headed back to Sports and my dad arrived about 5 minutes after we arrived. MK was pretty crowded but again...Nick showed up and saved the day with FP's. We tried walking into Liberty Tree but they had nothing available. We then tried Crystal Palace and we got right in! Good food! LOTS of it too! My dad is kind of a hater...hard to please person so to explain him better...he would rather not like something than enjoy it. hahaha...he did like Crystal Palace, and he loved the Castle Lighting, and Wishes.

After Wishes Nick left and my dad Colleen and I went to Planet Hollywood cause he wanted some drinks and we wanted to use our $15 PH certificates. We enjoyed that cause the Crunch Chicken is ALWAYS amazing there. He then dropped us off at the hotel and he headed back to GA, and we headed to bed.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 5...AK/MK MVMCP!

We started by heading to AK for Dinosaur, and Everest. We walked right on Dino, and then headed to Everest. Wait time was 20 minutes so we go a FP, got in line and waited. The waiting area os AWESOME there. Never waited in it before. Always had FPs. We got front row and it was insane! It was my second time riding it and it was great! We then went to eat at Yak and Yeti QS. I got honey chicken and it was great! We then rode Everest again in the front row. Now it was time to head to MK for the party!

The parade was ok. I think it was a bit much. The halloween parade is much better. The fireworks were great though. I liked the Christmas ones better than Hallowishes. The cookies and hot coco were a nice touch as well.

ccarter30

We were there around that same time and had many of the same problems that you did. We encountered several rude cm's and also had some bad dining experiences. I hope that Disney gets this under control and it doesn't continue to get worse.

Tiggerfanatic

I was there last week, too, and was thinking about posting some of my "people are idiots" thoughts. I'll wait and see if yours and mine are the same!! And wasn't the weather miserable on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom