Magical Express timing for Evening Arrivals....

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
For the first time ever we are NOT flying at the break of dawn but later in afternoon to arrive around 6:00ish....my question is has anyone here done same and had issues with luggage arriving before bedtime? One child has last of finals that morn and will be pooped by 10:00pm.....wondering if they haven't come if I should ask CM to hold til morning and in prep pack on carry on things needed for that night. I should think it would arrive by 8:00....thanks for any input from your past experiences....:animwink:

Goofycanuck

You'll be fine. The norm for luggage delivery is within 3 hours of arrival. If you arrive at 6pm it should be there before 10pm.
I believe ME now advises to pick up your luggage if you arrive after 10pm to avoid deliverying to your room after midnight.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Actually, if your flight arrives after 10 p.m. DME no longer picks up your luggage and you're required to get it yourself.

OP, I think you have the right idea ... let DME handle the bags, but pack carry-ons with your bedtime needs. Your bags will get to you before bedtime, but DME can't protect you from a problem like the AIRLINE delaying your bags. In other words, if the airline doesn't fly your bags to MCO on your flight, then there's no way DME can deliver them within 3 hours of your resort arrival, right? :)

Edited to add: It says in the DME materials to expect your bags to be delivered to your room within about 3 hours of your resort arrival. If your flight lands at 6, you'll most likely be at your resort by 7 or 7:15 or so, which means you can expect your bags by 10 or 10:15 or so. Expecting your bags by 8 wouldn't be a realistic expectation ... anything's possible, but please don't plan on it.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks I called today to establish my Magical Express and they said my luggage should reach my room before me....that I should take an hour and twenty minutes to reach my resort once I land....guess it depends on traffic....

Upvote 0

Rob562

Well....I wouldn't necessarily say that it'll be in your room *before* you. (They don't deliver bags until you've actually checked in, so getting them there before you would require them to be able to deliver your bags in the brief time while you go from the Front Desk to your room)

When I stayed in Sports back in September, they delivered my suitcase to my room about 1 hour after I checked in, a total of about 2.75 hours after I walked off the plane. (I stopped in the airport to grab a quick lunch and look for a pair of sandals in the shops before heading down to DME)

-Rob

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Thanks I called today to establish my Magical Express and they said my luggage should reach my room before me....that I should take an hour and twenty minutes to reach my resort once I land....guess it depends on traffic....

Unless you are staying on club/concierge level, your room isn't finally assigned until you are standing at the front desk doing the check in process - as you could always ask for adjustments at that time - so for them to put anything in the room before that point would be a risk.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
oops meant reach my resort before me....but yes I have been lucky to stay on the club level and speak with the Manager about a week before to ensure we get room desired....they of course always say cannot guarantee but somehow it has worked out....:lookaroun...

Going for a short trip for the first time and really looking forward to downsizing everything I can into one case...thus avoiding multiple bag charges...so if I get everyone's necessary things in their carry ons we should be all set.....I know Magical Express is not perfect but thus far in our trips they have worked well.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

apatten22

When we used DME on our trip in September 2009 we landed in Orlando at 7:40pm and walked right onto a bus with no wait. We had a total of 7 passengers on our bus. We were at our hotel (Pop Century) by 8:15 and checked in by 8:30pm. Our luggage did not arrive to our room until just after midnight. I agree, plan on taking necessities in your carry-on just in case a delay happens.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom