Renovations at Boardwalk Villas

celticfan

Original Poster
I had heard that all the DVC villas at Boardwalk were getting renovated in the near future. Does anyone know if those renovations have started yet? Any idea when the renovations are scheduled to be completed? Any idea what will be included in the renovations? New Carpet? New TV's? What else?

The units are very nice, but some are showing some wear and could use to be renovated.

SMRT-1Michael

While at the BoardWalk in early July, the BoardWalks exterior was getting a major renovation. New shingles, paint, pressure cleaning, etc. As far as interior renovations, Im assuming that after exterior renovations, they will move forward with the interiors.

luvlifeinfl

We stayed at the BW villas around this time last yr. and there was renovations going on to some of the villas, not sure if they are doing them in sections, but I know walking to the BW, they had sections blocked off. not sure if that is helpful.

worldfanatic

I love your name. Go C's!
All interiors of Boardwalk Villas are being renovated. If I remember correctly, it's been underway for 2-3 months now.
It was supposed to be completed by the end of this year, but I recently saw a post from a Boardwalk CM who stated it could take a little longer to finish them all.
I know it's not a total redo of the rooms, but pretty extensive, including flat screens.
I've got a ressie for BWV in late may, I'm thinking it should be completed by then.:sohappy:

dizzney

Has anyone heard if they are now adding the chair bed to the living room at BWV? Its in the other new DVC resorts and I had heard in the past that t=when BWV was renovated this would be added,

Interested since we are 5 and we always need to juggle my daughter's sleeping arrangement

tjkraz

Rehab work includes:

• All units will be painted
  • New carpet, drapes and bedspreads
  • Flat panel TVs and DVD players
  • New armoire
  • New dishwasher, range, refrigerator and microwave
  • Existing furniture--including sofas, coffee tables and headboards--will be refinished and/or reupholstered
Work is already under way. Some rooms are partially completed, although I've heard none of them have the new TVs and armoires yet. The entire project is scheduled for completion by January 2010, but of course that's subject to change.

No plans to add sleeper chairs to the rooms.

celticfan

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback

Anyone have any pictures of the refurbished rooms? Some of the villas really needed some work. Hope all the rooms are completed before I come back in April

dizzney

Wonder why they wouldnt include the sleeper chairs? They are putting them in all new DVC's and just makes sense. Hopefully they will as so many of us have 5 traveling

Disneykidder

This is great news. Refurbs are always appreciated.

Sleeper chairs are great! I actually wish I had one in my house.:) They make sense for the family of 5 at DVC.

celticfan

Original Poster
Has anyone heard if they have started the renovations to the villas at the Boardwalk? I had heard earlier in the year that they would be re-doing all the villa rooms starting in early September and hopefully be completed by the end of the year. Had not heard or seen anything about the DVC rooms being redone yet.

Boardwalk is our favorite resort, but some of the villas are showing some wear and tear. We are staying in April and hope the room renovations are completed before then.

tjkraz

I had heard earlier in the year that they would be re-doing all the villa rooms starting in early September and hopefully be completed by the end of the year. Had not heard or seen anything about the DVC rooms being redone yet.

Villas = DVC. Everything in this thread relates to the DVC rooms. Work began in late-July / August and is expected to run into January.

Rooms are being completed somewhat piecemeal. I've heard of rooms with new carpet, wallcoverings and reupholstered furniture. Also new appliances. So far I haven't heard of any rooms getting the flat panel TVs yet but they are coming.

reptar77

I'm so happy to here that they are renovating. I was rather disappointed with our last stay in the villa. Totally my fault though, we stayed in the resort renovated room the trip before.

celticfan

Original Poster
Anyone know if the new flat screens have been installed at the Boardwalk villas yet? Any pictures of a unit that has been renovated? Are the paint colors and decor changing also?

We were there the last week of October and we were in one of the refurbished rooms. There was new paint, carpet, furniture and a flat screen TV. Sorry no pictures.

-Steve

tjkraz

And what furniture was replaced?

I believe the only pieces of furniture being replaced are the TV armoires. Flat panel TVs are being added and the new armoires are just waist-high units with the TV sitting on top.

Other pieces of furniture in the rooms are being reupholstered but not replaced.

bw981

I'm not sure if this has been discussed anywhere yet but I just received notice from Disney that the Boardwalk Luna Park Pool will be closed for refurb January through early February 2010. I assume it's a cleaning and repainting job. The letter said that Storm Along Bay would be available to use by Boardwalk guests during the closure.

DebS

These were taken last week. As you can see from the pics the renovations are a quite extensive facelift. In typical Disney fashion the noise was never a problem as they didn't start loud work until late morning and even then it was muffled. I did see painters coming and going throughout the day in the halls. On one occasion we were sprinkled with wet paint as we walked under the main construction area.

701093993_fakJT-L.jpg

701094054_EZq4C-L.jpg

701093623_JAb6t-L.jpg

701093740_GpBKE-L.jpg

701093862_KtWTg-L.jpg

Screen Door
701093881_4rVGH-L.jpg

We were in a renovated villa overlooking the pool. This shot was taken looking at an area that 24hrs before was under heavy construction but as you can see they cleaned it up quickly.
701093699_atWv6-L.jpg

I'll post room pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom