New FL: More like ToonTown or World Showcase?

Is new FL more like ToonTown or World Showcase?

• Toon Town

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • World Showcase

Votes: 44 67.7%

• Total voters

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
This might not get that many responses because this new area is not getting lots of traffic, but maybe this will re-stimulate some discussion.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
I voted ToonTown. I know its not going to be the same as either place, which is why I phrased it as "more like".

I think it will very unique, but if I was comparing it to an existing area it would be Toontown.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
We are still hung up about this?

How about, "We only have drawings, so who knows?"

Well thats not true, we have drawings, interviews, descriptions, blueprints. All in all we have a fairly good impression of what we are getting.

Figment632

I dont think it is anything like WS but similar to TT in DL.

If you break it down TT in DL has meet and greets, and 2 rides (Roger Rabbit, and Gadget coaster). The new FL will have meet and greets and two rides. SO I say its more like Toon Town.

jakeman

Well thats not true, we have drawings, interviews, descriptions, blueprints. All in all we have a fairly good impression of what we are getting.
All of which is subject to change for better or worse.

The topic of comparisions died 3 weeks ago in the main thread.

Excuse me, I have a Soarin' vs. Food Rocks and an SSE decent thread to exhume.

_Scar

More like Fantasyland.

I get the comparison of WS with the houses, but Toontown I only see in Dumbo because of the tent. Otherwise, all the fab 5 are outta there back to Main Street where they should be.

sponono88

I dont think it is anything like WS but similar to TT in DL.

If you break it down TT in DL has meet and greets, and 2 rides (Roger Rabbit, and Gadget coaster). The new FL will have meet and greets and two rides. SO I say its more like Toon Town.

+1. Based on the design and the attractions it will have, it will probably be similar in style to DL's ToonTown. Comparing it to WS is a bit of a stretch imo.

_Scar

+1. Based on the design and the attractions it will have, it will probably be similar in style to DL's ToonTown. Comparing it to WS is a bit of a stretch imo.

But isn't toontown very cartoony? This expansion brings you into the princess' world in a realistic manner. How can this also compare to the cartoony facades and silly atmosphere? :shrug:

sponono88

But isn't toontown very cartoony? This expansion brings you into the princess' world in a realistic manner. How can this also compare to the cartoony facades and silly atmosphere? :shrug:

I wasn't referring to the cartoon theme. I meant the fact that you can meet characters in the world they live in, the themed shops and rides, the immersive aspect and detail, the meet and greets. Obviously the new FL will expand on that idea and take it to the next level. Does the new FL compare to MK's ToonTown? Not at all. DL's ToonTown? Pretty close (imo)

Demeter Tess

I voted for WS because I mistakenly[?] thought you were asking whether we would prefer it to be more realistic or cartoony in design. But in many other ways I feel it will be more of a WS-like addition to the park, what with all of the attention to landscaping and architecture. It should be beautiful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom