Some things from this week ...

mikeymouse

Original Poster
I'm not sure if any of these were mentioned or not, but ...

The Villians Room at World of Disney in DTD is being refurbished until "Fall 2009".

The fireworks have returned to the boat in Fantasmic! They shoot sparks downward instead of spinning. The paddlewheel was not functioning 09/03. We were let out backstage and had the option to either come out by BATB or by the stroller rental at the main entrance. Usually they made you loop back onto Sunset Blvd. This was after the 8:30 showing. They had added a 10:00 show that night as well.

MVI_1396.jpg

Epcot Biergarten seems to have a new backdrop on stage.

MVI_1170.jpg

EPCOTPluto

Huh. Looking at the OP's edited post, that pic of the Steamboat isn't as dramatic as the pinwheel fireworks.

Why the change? Cutbacks as well? :shrug:

Jewelry and collectables. Some pins, too.
Something I just noticed.

In the Villains room, there's a mirror by the Flotsam & Jetsam eels that rotate the Evil Queen to the Hag and back using that Cheshire Cat effect. It wasn't working the last time I was there, which was three weeks ago. Think that's one thing to refurb? :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

^^^ Yikes. Time for a refurb. Heya, TDO...Can you throw in a dragon, too?:lookaroun

In the Villains room, there's a mirror by the Flotsam & Jetsam eels that rotate the Evil Queen to the Hag and back using that Cheshire Cat effect. It wasn't working the last time I was there, which was three weeks ago. Think that's one thing to refurb? :shrug:

Love that effect. So creepy and cute.:lol: Maybe the bulb was broken.

elisatonks

Cool stuff.

I wonder if the sparks on F! were just not spinning that night...

These were added in early 2008 and are by no means new to the show (they've been there over 1/12yrs ago) the spinning fireworks were discontinuted for safety reasons in 2007 after one went flying off the boat and just missed the audience. ( i asked about what had happened to them when i was training a F! in Nov 07. The new pyro was on the boat by March 2008 as i remember them randomly appearing one day - there had been no pyro on the side of the boat for a while, so it was a suprise to see.)

Thanks for that info. We have ADR's at Biergarten on Saturday, Sept. 19th. Biergarten is one of my favorite restaurants at the World. Not so much because of the food, which I do like alot, but more for the ambience and an opportunity to meet other people who may be seated with you. Plus the show is usually fun as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom