Magical Exspress

jbarteau

My wife and I just recieved our ME packet. I thought i read on one of the threads that if you have the paper work you no longer need to check in and can go directly to line for the bus.

Thanks

elizs77

There are CMs there to guide you through the process. When we arrived on July 30, the CM asked if we had our vouchers. I said yes. She said we got to skip the counter and go straight to the line. There was a CM there to check the vouchers, then another to guide us to the right line.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Oh sweet!!! This must be something relatively new?? I still had to do the line when we were there in December even thou I had the voucher!!! That is awesome, and sure to save a bunch of time, never quite understood why I needed to stand in the counter line when all they do is stamp your voucher and send you on your way!!!

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

We finally got ours today- 18 days to go. :sohappy:We arrive at 1100am so hopefully not too many extra stops on the way to POP

It shouldn't be too bad the few times I've rode the DME bus it goes to Pop first then Carribean Beach..Only one time it went to Boardwalk first..And since your landing at 11..I'd expect you to be at Pop...around 11:45-12:30..But it's best part to begin your vacation.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

My wife and I just recieved our ME packet. I thought i read on one of the threads that if you have the paper work you no longer need to check in and can go directly to line for the bus.

Thanks
At times, there are CMs just before the bus queue area. They are holding wireless scanners,and they must scan your voucher; this lets yu avoid a line at the counter. But there hasn't been a practice where people simply walk straight to the bus without anyone interacting with you.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

we were there last sept, i got in line and then they told us which numbered line to get into. it may have changed since then, but it only took ten minutes at most, and the bus ride surely lets you know that you are on your way to a magical time. have a great trip! we have 28 days!:wave:

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

We were just there the first week in August. There was a CM at the head of the check in line, who asked if we had vouchers and "yellow tagged" our luggage. The answer was yes to both, so she directed us to the podium where the CM scans your voucher and directs you to your bus line. Bypassing the check in desk was fantastic.

Upvote 0

harryk

This sounds just fine - but each time I have stopped at the counter they verified my departure date and flight times advising me what time they would pick us up for the return to the airport.
How do they do it now? Are we responsible for scheduling the pick up time to return to the airport or do they contact you later during your visit?

Upvote 0

LenYJr

As far as the return time, Disney schedules you for a bus approximately 3 hours before your flight.

If I recall correctly, you can request a later departure but they then will not guarantee you will make your flight since your bus may be stopping at other resorts and terminals, security, etc.

Upvote 0

elizs77

This sounds just fine - but each time I have stopped at the counter they verified my departure date and flight times advising me what time they would pick us up for the return to the airport.
How do they do it now? Are we responsible for scheduling the pick up time to return to the airport or do they contact you later during your visit?

The second CM (first in the line) scanned our vouchers and verified departure date. Nothing's changed here - you'll be given a letter outlining return procedures, and you'll get the official time letter the day before checkout on your door like always.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

This just happend to me last week, and it confused me :)

I walked up to the line and the CM asked "do you have your voucher" adn I said "yep" and then I walked over to the counter line. She came and got me and said that as long as I yellow tagged the bags and had my voucher I could skip the counter. I said, "dount you want my baggage claim stubs in case they go missing" and she said if that happens we would contact you.

So we went right into the bus lines.

-dave

Upvote 0

disney1077

I was there in July and I was told to go to a lady at a podium where she asked me how many luggage I had and if I had the yellow tags on them scanned my voucher and told me which line to go to for my resort. I believe it took like less than 10 minutes. It was great not having to wait in line at the counter.

Upvote 0

disney1077

The day before your departure they will leave a piece of paper under your door with all the information for your departure and pick up time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom