Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Port Orleans

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Coranado

Votes: 23 25.3%

• Total voters

Sam Eagle 1776

Original Poster
Alright ya'll not only is this an award but this is sort of a question. See, I wasn't planning on having a chance to go back to the world for another like 5 years :cry:, but a slight change of plan and free airline tickets allowed us to go back once for almost a week.:sohappy::sohappy::D We're planning to stay at a moderate resort for 3 nights. (another first, we've stayed offsite every visit so far)

So aside from your poll answer, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

DrummerAlly

The rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort are larger than the other moderates and the landscaping around the resort is wonderful. I haven't been to CBR since they updated the pool area but that looks great as well.

IMO, you just can't beat the relaxing look and feel of CBR! Like the rest of the moderates the walks can be long depending on where your room is, but we enjoy the resort so much the longer walk is actually a bonus.

Sam Eagle 1776

Original Poster
hmm, thanks for that information, the two parks we're going to are EPCOT and MK but we plan to go to DD the first night. I guess the closest to those two (considering MK is a distance from most places) is port orleans.

Anyone know how long it would take to go to EPCOT from each?

heartodisney

hmm, thanks for that information, the two parks we're going to are EPCOT and MK but we plan to go to DD the first night. I guess the closest to those two (considering MK is a distance from most places) is port orleans.

Anyone know how long it would take to go to EPCOT from each?
I have not yet stayed at CBR..so no answer for that..it took less than 15 minutes from PO and less than 20 from CC..at least the times we stayed...My wife and I are very partial to PO, would like to try CBR at some point! Have fun! :wave:

dznygirl64

I personally love Dixie sorry now its called Riverside anyway best all around resort.I would pick Coronado if they had a Disney ran food court like the others.Remember Port orleans is very small and has that weard New Orleans feel to it.We stayed there only once,and CB dont even bother :hurl:

Matt and Kelly

Is one of these resorts a little more quiet than the other two or are all three relatvely similar in terms of guest numbers/activity?

I would assume it depends on what time of year you stay at any resort, but just wondering, in general, if one is considered a little more peaceful than the others

WDW 3

Most of what I have read says the moderates rooms are the same size. Is the size really larger at CB and how does one find this info?

DrummerAlly

Most of what I have read says the moderates rooms are the same size. Is the size really larger at CB and how does one find this info?

Rooms at CBR are 340 sq ft, while rooms at CSR and POR are slightly smaller at 314 sq ft. wdwinfo.com and allears.net both have the square footage posted.

Menpell

We have gone to disney a dozen times and we love PO French Quarter. We stayed at Riverside a couple of times and I was not happy about walking a mile to your room at the end of the day. French Quarter is a much smaller resort and you don't have far to walk to get a drink or go to your room. We stay there now every year. We arrive again next weekend!!!!:sohappy:

ChristianG

Port Orleans is my favorite. There are two themes. Riverside and French Quarter. Riverside has two different exteriors for rooms. One is like a mansion, another is like a cabin. French Quarter I think only has one exterior theme. Anyway, Their food court is one of their biggest up's! I love it! It only took a minute to walk from my room to the food court. Which is another up! Its a short walk from any room! Unless your in French Quarter, I think. I stayed at Riverside so I can only tell you about Riverside. Anyway, a down was too many spiders on the bridges! :eek: Yeah. But that's small. There were bunnies hopping around! :D Lots of Salamanders! Which is good. For some people, at least. So now the pool. I think there are around 3 or 2 pools. The main pool has a waterslide and it's close to the food court. So if a family member wants to go swimming but another family member wants to eat, they wont be far. One thing I HATE about the waterslide is that the lines are sometimes long-ish. And your somewhat high which means wind. Cold. But it's worth it. The waterslide is great! This resort is also huge! You can rent these bicycle-carriages for your family, or you can get a carriage ride around the resort. It's very quiet and calm sometimes in case you want to relax. You can take a peaceful boatride down the river, and there is also a boat ride from Port Orleans to Downtown disney. It's about 10 - 15 minutes long. I think that Port Orleans is a great place to stay. Good food, big resort, 3 pools, long river, calm, and fun! I recommend this resort to anyone! :wave:

corey154

I love POFQ, it's smaller so walking to buses and foodcourt is easy, and it just seems more relaxing and quieter. I've stayed at all the mod's and this one is my personal fav.

perry23

Because of the fact that I have only stayed at the CBR, I can just tell you that we really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were comfortable and the pool area was great.I don't know if the other two resorts are better but we had good experiences with the CBR.

ShadowWind

I wanted to stay at PO: FQ, but it was closed for the rehab at the time, and Riverside was the only option. As a hotel, Riverside wasn't too bad. I haven't stayed at the CBR or Coronado. I do remember going to AP preview for Coronado Springs and the death march that they took us on to tour the hotel on a hot day. I think that sort of turned me off from staying there actually (though the free lemonade was tasty).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom