Indiana Jones Accident?

JustPlainBill

Why is it hard to believe that they are coincidental? What do the three accidents have in common? In the case of the monorail accident cutbacks are a legitimate hypothesis to explore but how would cutbacks cause the other two accidents?
I agree with you on your point.
Such terrible accidents with terrible outcomes.
Are they preventable?...Some more than others, anything probably is if we had an omnicient mind. But who wants to see actors plying their craft wearing padding and football helmets on a padded stage?
We all take risks when we walk out that door to the outside world.
Sometimes it's because of others we are at risk, sometimes it's ourselves. Sometimes it's just nature.
I'm sorry to the friends and family of those who've died, very sorry, indeed.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Al Lutz even bashes WDW in cases like this.

Editor's Note 8/18: Another cast member died at Disney World yesterday, the third in about a month. You have to wonder just what is going on out there. | 8/16 - 17: The summer blockouts for the majority of the 800,000+ Annual Passholders end on Sunday and Monday, and Disneyland is battening down the hatches for a huge jump in daily attendance. If you have to go to the park this week expect off-property parking, extremely long lines, and potentially closed turnstiles for a few hours each afternoon. And, Murphy the Fantasmic! dragon won't be there either. - Al Lutz

Classy.:rolleyes:

Not to defend Al, but I second the feeling in his question. When was the last time we heard of this many cast members dying in this short a time. It may all be coincidence, but it sure is kind of odd that they would all be so close together.

Silly statements. Monorail issue aside, how is someone falling off a stage or a stunt person injuring themselves while doing a practice stunt have ANYTHING to do with management, or economy, or the last solar eclipse. They happened and it's a terrible coincidence.

MissM

Have you guys seen the video of him performing?
http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/17/disney_performer_injured_at_hollywood_studios_dies.html

Thoughts and prayers are with the family...it's a sad time for Disney cast members!
Direct youtube video (much clearer picture) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Jm_-OFLl8

A very impressive show in the video. Wow. What an awful tragedy. So scary how quickly some little slip up or accident can claim a person's life.

TimNRA757

Basically all of these accidents are just that, accidents. With the monorail that was the fault mostly of the pink pilot. The actor last week was just an accident and to be honest I'm wondering if he got a bad doctor when you hear the details. And this latest one is just another tragic accident. Why all the conspiracies about it being somehow Disney's fault directly? Especially with these last 2. I can see the monorail speculation though...

Regardless may God rest their souls. Much prayers.

DisneysRedHead

Agreed with many posters, other than the monorail, these last two accidents are just unfortunate and coincidental. I am glad that they closed the show for the day to give his fellow CM's in the show time to grieve for their co-worker. My condolences to family and friends.:(

SpongeScott

face it, WDW is cursed for now :(
So, based on your logic, does this mean that hospitals and nursing homes are cursed?

There is no curse on WDW.

Nothing all that odd about it as they are not related. It is just the law of averages. In an environment such as WDW "X" number of employees will die and or be injured per year, per decade, etc. These rarely happen in a timely order and thanks to our human pattern looking for brains we tend to notice them more when the occur close together.
Thank you for being a voice of reason.

EpcotServo

So sad, my thoughts go out to the family.

Such a shame, the Studios Cast is much more of a tight knit family than at the other parks, and the Stunt performers at Studios go to great lengths to put on amazing shows each and every day.

Ilovewishes

Just wanted to let everyone know that all of us across the pond are also keeping all of the CMs friends, families and colleagues in our thoughts. Even people who don't frequent these boards have asked me to pass on condolences.

Mukta

It is hard to see so much death and tragedy in a place that normally brings us so much joy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

_Scar

So, based on your logic, does this mean that hospitals and nursing homes are cursed?

There is no curse on WDW.

Really? Seriously? 3 deaths in less than a month at the happiest place on earth is VERY shocking. I don't believe in curses, and I sorta said that just to insinuate all these tradgedies are happening NOW all together. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell ya.

I can't imagine how tough it must be to go to work the next day:(. I assume IJESS is closed right until investigation is over?

SirGoofy

Really? Seriously? 3 deaths in less than a month at the happiest place on earth is VERY shocking. I don't believe in curses, and I sorta said that just to insinuate all these tradgedies are happening NOW all together. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell ya.

Honestly, it's not that shocking. Considering the amount of people that pass through those gates every day, it's much more shocking that more of these incidents don't happen.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Really? Seriously? 3 deaths in less than a month at the happiest place on earth is VERY shocking.

It isn't. There are more deaths than that monthly at WDW. Just few of them ever go to press.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom