Toy Story Mania Now an App on your Iphone or Ipod Touch!!!!

starwood

Original Poster
The title says it all.

For $4.99 you can buy Toy Story Mania the Game which resembles the incredibly fun attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's California Adventure

starwood

Original Poster
My opinion:
Reloading is stupid and it should be all levels should be in one game like the ride itself and be more like the attraction in playing wise. You don't position your firing to a plate in the green army men game in the ride.

Jerm

I actually really like it! It is not just a pointless easy to beat game. I bought it without reading any of the reviews and am happy that I did. The challenge is lots of fun and having to reload is a sure fire way to keep the game going.

Exprcoofto

I actually really like it! It is not just a pointless easy to beat game. I bought it without reading any of the reviews and am happy that I did. The challenge is lots of fun and having to reload is a sure fire way to keep the game going.

So the ride is a pointless easy to beat game? I like how the ride works, based on speed. Reloading adds a pointless step. I was also disapointed to see no "Midway" style graphics.

voodoo321

I hate sounding negative, but this confirms my prediction that this game/ride will be available for home consumption within a few years. Yeah, it was fun to ride with my girls, but it never felt like a "ride". Once the tech is available for home use via Wii or similar, this attraction will be obsolete. This is the one attraction in WDW that has the potential of being recreated at home. What's the point?

Jerm

So the ride is a pointless easy to beat game? I like how the ride works, based on speed. Reloading adds a pointless step. I was also disapointed to see no "Midway" style graphics.

No the ride is not pointless, but if you had the ride in your hand it would be pointless to play after a day or so. Just like the person above said about fearing that the game will be on all the systems, that is why I am happy it is a different version of the game with something other then the same scenes with endless ammo. It makes it worth paying the 4 bucks for something that I can just play in my hand anywhere and not get overly board with in a day.

voodoo321

The point of a ride needs to be the experience, the atmosphere, the adventure, etc.. That's why POC, HM, Spash, and the cheaper dark rides, have a timeless quality. Even though this ride was fun,(more fun watching my kids have fun) I knew that it would never live very long in it's current incarnation. Yes, they can change the software, but they will always be trying to stay one step ahead of the home market. It was a quick fix, rather than a permanent attraction IMO.

EpcotServo

The reasons why Midway Mania can never be "replaced" by these video games:

Theme, Atmosphere, Scale, Story, Interaction. Just because they release a video game based on the "thrill" of the attraction, doesn't make the story of being a toy in Andy's room any less exciting and popular in person.

Philo

Well that's interesting. I guess Disney might see this as a marketing tool (Like the game? come and play it in a park!) but to me it seems a little silly. A lot of people will walk past telling their kids "You can play that at home, let's do something else" which is a shame as it's a great family ride.

Obviously the home version won't match the atmosphere or quality of the ride but it will take something away from it (for me at least)

bgraham34

The reasons why Midway Mania can never be "replaced" by these video games:

Theme, Atmosphere, Scale, Story, Interaction. Just because they release a video game based on the "thrill" of the attraction, doesn't make the story of being a toy in Andy's room any less exciting and popular in person.

I agree 100% and there is no giant talking potato head in your living room either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom