Haunted Mansion-Madame Leota's Ring??

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all :wave:

I just started reading "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World".
It says to ask a Haunted Mansion CM about the story of Madame Leota's ring, but we're not going til January and I can't wait that long!
Anyone know this?

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I hate to burst your bubble but the ring was never a ring. It was a left over piece from a gate that sort of looked like a ring. The "ring" was permanently removed during the refurb. Here is a picture of what it looked like.

P1090224.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the picture! Aww I thought there was a more fun story to go along with it...it well.
Well there was but it was made up by that cast and not really intended to be part of the HM. In the case of the "ring" a story was made up to fit something that looked like a ring vs. a ring being put in to tell the story.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Would you recommend the book?

Yes I would!
It's a great read for any Disney-minded person who is fascinated by the little details WDI puts into every project.
Definitely try it out!
I'm reading a bunch of things I never knew before so it's extra fun.

heartodisney

The book that you are into now..."The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World" is a great treat! Also try " The Idiots Guide to Walt Disney World" (I am currently working on this) and try to obtain "Celebrations" magazine...they have wonderful insights to littel things like what you have just asked about.....I have one more book...just cannot find it around here...Pluto must be chewing on it!

DiPSU224

Just bought this book last week and started skimming it! I think it's pretty interesting, although most of the tidbits are things that most of us that are obsessed know already. I'm going to read it a few weeks before my trip in August so any hidden things I didn't see before are fresh in my head to look for.
It does mention something about looking out a back window of Tony's Town Square and seeing Lady and Tramp enjoying a spaghetti dinner? I've never seen or head of this. Anyone have any pics?

heartodisney

You are correct about the "dinner with a view"...but..alas..I did not know about this until I had come home and read about it...and I was just going 90 mph at all the parks...I will very much try to slow down next time...amazing what happens to ya and what you see WHEN you slow down and enjoy!

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Just bought this book last week and started skimming it! I think it's pretty interesting, although most of the tidbits are things that most of us that are obsessed know already. I'm going to read it a few weeks before my trip in August so any hidden things I didn't see before are fresh in my head to look for.
It does mention something about looking out a back window of Tony's Town Square and seeing Lady and Tramp enjoying a spaghetti dinner? I've never seen or head of this. Anyone have any pics?
Yes I saw this too and was intrigued! Unless I see a picture, we're gonna have to eat lunch there or something!

SirGoofy

Are they actual statues or is it a drawing on a backdrop or something? I've been obsessed with finding a picture of it now!

Haha I know right? I need to see it! PM me if you find it please!

Is it a picture or is it really outside?

It's a fake window, that is a dark blue shade, to simulate a night time scene. And then there is a cut out of Tramp and Lady behind it with the spaghetti between their mouths, with a back light so you can see it in the window.

I know it probably doesn't sound great the way I am explaining it, but it definitely looks great in person. One of those little Disney touches.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
It's a fake window, that is a dark blue shade, to simulate a night time scene. And then there is a cut out of Tramp and Lady behind it with the spaghetti between their mouths, with a back light so you can see it in the window.

I know it probably doesn't sound great the way I am explaining it, but it definitely looks great in person. One of those little Disney touches.
Thanks! Still, any pictures anyone?
We're going to eat lunch there now in January :lol:
Haven't been there in a while and used to like it, plus I want to see this.

DiPSU224

We don't have ADR's for Tony's for our trip in August but I might stop in during a non serving time and ask if they would be kind enough to show it to me and get a quick picture. It's probably not that big of a deal but I love, love, LOVE finding things like this in the parks!

By the way, is the gossip phone still in the same place? It said it is in the book but for some reason I remember being disappointed that it wasn't there on my last trip; moved after the refurb of the marketplace a few years back. It was my favorite hidden Disney detail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom