Paradiso 37 opening.

Soarinluvr

Original Poster
Per my manager at downtown disney Paradiso 37 is supposed to open to guests today June 5th. I may just go and sample the food. Just thought I would let everyone know.

mrbillonooo

On our way

We just woke up and the car is already packed...we are about to leave the Atlanta area for a week at Disney...downtown Disney is on the agenda for tonight, first to see UP then dinner, just may try it out, either that or the new Dinasour place, we have eatten there also :wave:

GMan123

Great. If you go, let us know how it is. Would love to see a menu too?

I'll be in WDW in 10 days and might check it out then. Hoped they get the "new restaurant" kinks worked out!

protiius

seen a couple of photos and it looks pretty inviting...does anyone have any info on paradiso 37? is it a themed restaurant? where is it in dtd? etc

SirGoofy

We just woke up and the car is already packed...we are about to leave the Atlanta area for a week at Disney...downtown Disney is on the agenda for tonight, first to see UP then dinner, just may try it out, either that or the new Dinasour place, we have eatten there also :wave:

Dino is very, very mediocre food. If you've eaten at a Rainforest Cafe, you've eaten at a T-Rex. I would go for Paradiso.

pilka214

i was up at DTD a couple weeks ago, and it didn't look like it would be ready to open so soon, but i guess i was wrong.... definately have to find some time in the next couple weeks to go to dinner up there.

Kristamouse

Actually I just ate at T-Rex on Sunday and it was very good. 6 in our party total including my cousin's culinary school boyfriend. He was even susprised with how good our lunches were. Perhaps we weren't expecting much....

jt04

Actually I just ate at T-Rex on Sunday and it was very good. 6 in our party total including my cousin's culinary school boyfriend. He was even susprised with how good our lunches were. Perhaps we weren't expecting much....

No, people were saying it's just a "rain forest" cafe before it was opened and so they were bound to keep saying it. I'll make a prediction, the same people will hate on "37" no matter how good it is. Not all of the "usual suspects" just most of them. And by "usual suspects", I think most people know who I mean. They are doing themselves a great disservice however.

And I have heard the food at T-Rex exceeds expectations myself but haven't made it there yet.

Lee

Adventurer
I thought T-Rex was good. But then, I like Rainforest, too.:shrug:

Only complaint: They won't let you use the Rainforest Safari Club card to get quick seating at T-Rex.:mad:

Jseven

confirmed.

the marketing manager called me this morning and said they opened today right at 11:20.
Menu is still going to take a couple days to be finalized but everything looks great from what ive seen on the menu so far. Cant wait to try it out!!!

Fun2BFree

Dino is very, very mediocre food. If you've eaten at a Rainforest Cafe, you've eaten at a T-Rex. I would go for Paradiso.

If anything, I remember the main complaint against Rainforest/T-Rex being not bad food, just bad value. Although in restaurants as gimmicky and themed as Landrys' two WDW offerings, at what point do you include the scenery and 'experience' in the price alongside the food?

SirGoofy

No, people were saying it's just a "rain forest" cafe before it was opened and so they were bound to keep saying it. I'll make a prediction, the same people will hate on "37" no matter how good it is. Not all of the "usual suspects" just most of them. And by "usual suspects", I think most people know who I mean. They are doing themselves a great disservice however.

And I have heard the food at T-Rex exceeds expectations myself but haven't made it there yet.

I would eat at Pardiso in a heart beat...if I wasn't currently boycotting The Area Formerly and Somehow Currently Known as Pleasure Island.

As for T-Rex, I wasn't impressed. To me, it was just a Rainforrest Cafe with dinosaurs. Wonderful theming(better than any RFC I've been in), but the food was very mediocre and over priced.

CaptainMichael

I would eat at Pardiso in a heart beat...if I wasn't currently boycotting The Area Formerly and Somehow Currently Known as Pleasure Island.

Exactly.

btw, the front door of the Adventurers Club was wide open today. There were people inside vacuuming and dusting. Thanks to Chaggy for the report:wave:

alya922

I have to disagree about T Rex. Although I'm an avid dinosaur lover, and therefore loved the decor, we enjoyed the food so much we ate there our first and last day for lunch! I don't like RFC's food or restaurant chain's food in general (overpriced, very low quality) but my rotissie chicken at T Rex was delicious! Moist, not dry, sides were good! Oh and try the onion ring appetizer, best onion rings around! :)

Lee

Adventurer
btw, the front door of the Adventurers Club was wide open today. There were people inside vacuuming and dusting. Thanks to Chaggy for the report:wave:
Nice.
And I saw management types giving the backside of the building a look-over last week.
Makes me smile a little....:eek:

RWilliams

Premium Member

Your loss. :shrug:

I just got home from dinner there and it was very good. I've emailed some pictures and the menu to wdwmagic I'm sure they will be up on the main site soon for those that are interested.

SirGoofy

I'm sure it is very good. But I will not spend a dime in that area if the AC does not reopen. And I will have no problem with it. Nothing they build there will match the entertainment value of the AC.

CaptainMichael

I'm sure it is very good. But I will not spend a dime in that area if the AC does not reopen. And I will have no problem with it. Nothing they build there will match the entertainment value of the AC.
Truth.

I will be first in line for dinner at Pardisio....when the AC reopens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom