NBA finals: It's Disneyland vs. Disneyworld

gspin2k1

It was hard to watch, however Kobe will decimate any defense...there is no defense that can really stop the guy. You can't really game-plan to stop him. He will make his share, some nights more than others. Last night we was on fire. The Magic didn't stop LeBron either, at all, yet we won that series. The Lakers just have a better, and more importantly taller, supporting cast than the Cavs do. The Magic simply need to hit their shots, and then it will open up the game like dxwwf said.

They also need to gel with Nelson again if he is going to see minutes like that. Nelson is awesome, but it could end up being a terrible decision to play him if it ruins the chemistry that got them this far in the playoffs.

The problem about teams like the Laker's with Kobe is that they are a one man team, and every now an then you have an off night. and when that happens the team loses. That's why teams like Detroit kicked butt, no major stars, just an overall good team. That way if one person had an off night the whole team didn't suffer. That's how I view Orlando, but if Kobe's on though you better hope it's not for 3 straight games, otherwise it's trouble.

~G

raven

If anyone is at MK tonight or the next few days you might notice that the Cinderella Castle lighting isn't scrolling through it's normal colors anymore. Somehow it seems to be stuck on blue and white.

WDW decided to show support to it's hometown team by doing this and is on purpose. It will not effect Wishes however and the castle lighting for the show will go as planned. But after the show is over it's back to blue and white! :sohappy:

Pete C

If anyone is at MK tonight or the next few days you might notice that the Cinderella Castle lighting isn't scrolling through it's normal colors anymore. Somehow it seems to be stuck on blue and white.

WDW decided to show support to it's hometown team by doing this and is on purpose. It will not effect Wishes however and the castle lighting for the show will go as planned. But after the show is over it's back to blue and white! :sohappy:

That's a nice nod to the Magic, who named their team after Disney Magic but had no affiliation that I know of to Disney. Right?

Cyberacer

I'm happy either way since these are my two favorite teams but I think the Lakers will do it in 5. The Magic will get the next game and then they're done.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm just tired of the 90% Lakers biased coverage during the playoffs...but its to be expected I guess.

The Magic came sooo close to having that game tonight! Oh well, at least they know they can compete with them, just have to take 2-3 at home now

Nicole220

Lakers fan huh :hurl:. Orlando Magic ftw and lakers ftl. "that is all" :lol:.
Yes and proud of it.

Magic came back and played well tonight. Lakers got lucky. I couldn't breathe the last 12 minutes of the game. :lol:

Disneyland's castle was purple and gold on Friday night when I went. I love the idea of the castles supporting their teams. :D

Tubes

My hand has been forced. Have to root for the Magic. Not because of my present location, but because if Phil wins this NBA Final, he overtakes Red Auerbach as the NBA coach with the most championships.

So, Go Magic. I fear I might be too late, however.

TP2000

I was surprised to see Disneyland's Castle bathed in purple and gold this weekend. It was clever, and everyone was talking about it.

Is this the first time they've done the Castle's in team colors? Disneyland has had special parades when the Anaheim Angels won the World Series or the Anaheim Ducks won the Stanley Cup, but I don't remember them doing either of the Castles in team colors before. I don't know if France has ever won anything in soccer or whatever they play in France, so doubt they would do something like this at Disneyland Paris.

protiius

^ they've won the world cup and euros (football/soccer) since dlp opened but i'm not sure if they decorated the castle...

it's gonna be tough for magic now...but at least they were hitting their shots last night AND they managed to keep kobe quiet!

a2grafix

Not too sure if anyone has seen Disneyland's castle bathed in purple Lakers colors, but Darkbeer caught some nighttime shots of it in the past week.

554703693_uFJ9Q-M.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom