The Land - Nestle?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Having spent 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge and wondered why a $300/night "deluxe" hotel at WDW would only have this crud as the coffee option, I complained to WDW about it. They sent me THREE 4-day park hoppers for my angst.

For those that are coffee drinkers, you know what its like to go 10 days drinking brown colored water. And one would also think that since it is "where the magic happens!", that Disney could break down and at least offer it for sale! They are charging like $2.50 a cup for this crap! After a few days, I'd probably break down and spend $5 for one cup of fresh brewed coffee.
Next time head over to thee Kona cafe at the Poly. They have a fresh ground 100% kona press pot. It is some of the best coffee on the planet.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Next time head over to thee Kona cafe at the Poly. They have a fresh ground 100% kona press pot. It is some of the best coffee on the planet.
yep... or if you just want to sit on your porch overlooking the pool, wooded area or the parking lot and sip some coffee with out leaving for poly, pack some in your bag. That is what im planning on doing. :)

5:30 coffee meet with Richard probably wont happen next trip. :lol: Maybe it will if it is Boma

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yep... or if you just want to sit on your porch overlooking the pool, wooded area or the parking lot and sip some coffee with out leaving for poly, pack some in your bag. That is what im planning on doing. :)

5:30 coffee meet with Richard probably wont happen next trip. :lol: Maybe it will if it is Boma
They have a very good Kenyan Coffee press pot. See ya there.:wave:

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I don't recall a Nestle logo ever being in the closing diorama of the ride. The logo has been removed from the queue mural for quite a while now. I think it might still be in the Circle of Life pre-show, but I'm honestly not sure.

What first caught my attention was the logo missing from the sign for Soarin'. I'm curious as to why that partnership unraveled...

Goofnut1980

I thought when I was there about a month ago the sign out front still had the nestle logo on it... hmmmm Im going next week.. If I see it I will take a picture...

Phonedave

1) Frappachino is not coffee. It's a lot of sugar with flavoring and some coffee in it. :)

2) Not only is the "coffee" in 90% of WDW Nescafe, it is actualy concentrate. Thats right, its not even brewed. It comes in a big 'ol bag of syrup, and is mixed with hot water when dispenses. - Delicious

3) DD is good coffee, other ones mentioned are good too. However, if there is a Trader Joes in your area, take a look there. Their whole bean coffees are downright cheap. And they have a great variety. From Kenya AA, to Kona, to fair trade blends, to peaberry (where else can you find peaberries). I got some Sumatran Extra Dark roasted beans here right now.

-dave

hardcard

all of the nestle references are gone from the land at this point... if anything it would be something REALLY obscure..

I too noticed the livin with the land speil change.

PhilharMagician

Having spent 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge and wondered why a $300/night "deluxe" hotel at WDW would only have this crud as the coffee option, I complained to WDW about it. They sent me THREE 4-day park hoppers for my angst.

For those that are coffee drinkers, you know what its like to go 10 days drinking brown colored water. And one would also think that since it is "where the magic happens!", that Disney could break down and at least offer it for sale! They are charging like $2.50 a cup for this crap! After a few days, I'd probably break down and spend $5 for one cup of fresh brewed coffee.

Three 4 day hoppers for coffee you didn't like? :rolleyes:

brent2124

I was there last week and could almost swear that one of the breezeway signs pointed toward the Land and said on it: THE LAND presented by Nestle:shrug:

PhilharMagician

...and because of that thread (and many others similar), I virtually never post anymore.

It's sad. I just read news and rumors now...and that's it.

...and yes I drink coffee.

Notice I didn't say cool-aid.

Thanks for the link and clarification Jake. Wow, I don't want to get off topic, but for someone who leads you to believe that they have been to WDW and the WL many times doesn't know that none of the resorts have free breakfast and they all have crappy coffee? Then complain to get free something! It would be understandable if the resort advertised free breakfast and fresh ground coffee. :brick:

I agree with Bwana Bob about staying away from these insane threads.

Phonedave

...and because of that thread (and many others similar), I virtually never post anymore.

It's sad. I just read news and rumors now...and that's it.

...and yes I drink coffee.

Notice I didn't say cool-aid.

I will complain about the coffee, to the extent that I will say it is really bad.

I am not suggesting I want some sort of comensation. Heck, I am not even suggesting that it has made my vacation worse. It is simply that the coffee at WDW is so bad it is amazing. If nobody says anything, then WDW does not know.

I don't harp on it, I don't yell about it, but on any survery or questionarre I get, I mention that I wish the standard coffee offering at WDW was better.

-dave

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Getting back on topic now... who would you like to see take over sponsorship of The Land? Personally, I'd like to see Kelloggs take over. They do have ties with Disney and would be a pretty solid choice overall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom