Disney+Foot Problems=What Shoes?

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all :wave:

I'm someone who has experienced foot/ankle issues, including a cracked bone and tendinitis, so I'm always faced with the 'what shoes do I wear to Disney' question.

So next trip, I'm planning on wearing running shoes.
Is this a good idea in your opinion?
Or should I go with something like crocs? (Heard good things about them, never tried them)

Thanks!

Figment632

I used to sell shoes at Dicks Sporting Goods Id recomend a crosstraining/hiking sneaker. They are light but heavier than a running sneaker and has a good tread on the bottom. Make sure the back is not too low and that they breath well. Also if you go more towards hiking, a lot of these are water resistant.

Uncle Lupe

Never had crocs either, but I have started to see crocoffs in a more traditional casual shoe design. Must be something to the trend. I would a think a running show would give good support for walking because it is made for more impact.

Jasonflz

Several cases.
1.)Step on a nail or piece of glass that can puncture the show and your foot.
2.)Fall down if walking on slippery surfaces
3.)May irratate skin.

I have feet issues as well. I wear crocs with a good pair of well padded white socks. I still hurt a bit after a full day at the parks, it does help a bunch. I've tried running shoes and believe it or not Justin's work boots. The Justin's were the most comfortable but kind of hard to wear with shorts.

DisneyChik17

Several cases.
3.)May irratate skin.

Crocs have VERY thick soles. I have stepped on roofing tacks with them and not felt a thing. Also, the real Crocs are non-slip. As for irritating skin, that is all based on you, I've never had a problem.

Jasonflz

For me, personally, Nike is really a great contender to most shoes. One thing I learned about shoes is don't wear snow boots when it's not snowing.:lol:

shaelyn

Several cases.
3.)May irratate skin.

Any soft soled-shoe (supposedly crocs included) can also get caught in escalators. Watch your step, or it could be your last!

gwhb75

I can completly relate. I've had two plantar fascia release surgeries done (and need another one), so foot pain was a major concern for me when I went for the first time last year. Just get really comfortable shoes and break them in prior to going. Some gel insoles would probably be a good idea too. I bought some good walking shoes (not runners), and they worked fine. I tired sandles one day, but that was a definate no-go.

mickey7879

I'd say try some good sneakers with a gel insole. Maybe even try wearing Crocs (not the knockoffs) for a day or maybe around your resort. You could also put either Crocs or sneakers in a locker incase one or the other didn't work out for you on day 1. You could also check out shoes that nurses wear since they are on their feet all day as well.

My son had problems while we were in Disney....all sneakers seemed to really hurt his feet, even going up several sizes, etc. Long story short, Disney gave him a pair of Crocs for free! We thought that was very nice of them!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
nike-air-max-0360-II-sl-running-shoes.jpg

There are 1 of 3 pairs of 360's I have...I mean does this not SCREAM comfort? lol

GenerationX

Regardless of which shoe you go with (and, personally, I'd go with regular old running shoes for the support), two other notes:
1. Get the shoes at least a couple of weeks in advance and break them in.
2. Get moleskin. Prevents blisters and heals blisters. If you wear it before you walk a lot, it will prevent you from getting blisters. If you wear it after you've already got the blisters, it will allow you to walk without pain.

marypoppins68

Have you asked your doctor what he/she would recommend? Remember, you'll be walking miles on pavement every day so you definitely want something comfortable. Anything other than cheap flip flops or dress shoes should be fine. (You wouldn't believe the number of women wearing heels I've seen over the years :lookaroun )

Daddymouse

Regardless of which shoe you go with (and, personally, I'd go with regular old running shoes for the support), two other notes:
1. Get the shoes at least a couple of weeks in advance and break them in.
2. Get moleskin. Prevents blisters and heals blisters. If you wear it before you walk a lot, it will prevent you from getting blisters. If you wear it after you've already got the blisters, it will allow you to walk without pain.

Follow the above advice
The better the shoe (which may depend upon you) I like good Nike shoes (cross-training and running) DW still hasn't found a pair for her feet that she really likes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom