Where should we eat on the 4th of July?

pjulie75

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I am going to POFQ with my husband, our twin girls who are 6 and my parents, i was thinking of giving the parks a miss and maybe going to a disney hotel and hopefully seeing fireworks from the lake and enjoy the nice warm evening, where would you recommend? I noticed on the forum there is an water electrical pageant which would be great to see.:slurp:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you like seafood Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian is very nice and they have a viewing platform on the lake that gives you a view of the castle so that you can see the fireworks at night. This restaurant takes 2 table options if you are on the dining plan.

Another option would be the California Grill which is located much closer to the Magic Kingdom and again you have that great viewing platform and this is also 2 sit down options.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

Pam

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
Not only is California Grill a wonderful place food wise, the atmosphere is beautiful and so are the views of MK/it's fireworks. I'm sure it would be the perfect place on the 4th!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi Everyone,

I am going to POFQ with my husband, our twin girls who are 6 and my parents, i was thinking of giving the parks a miss and maybe going to a disney hotel and hopefully seeing fireworks from the lake and enjoy the nice warm evening, where would you recommend? I noticed on the forum there is an water electrical pageant which would be great to see.:slurp:

When I think of the 4th of July - I think about BBQ and picnics - I think that the Mickey's Backyard BBQ would be a fun choice!!! This is a seasonal show but I think July would be 'in season'. :wave:

djpoore94

Since you are thinking of not going to the parks, I would suggest Ohana and then watching the fireworks on the Poly beach. I think it would be a really fun place for your little girls.

DizneyPryncess

I would suggest eating at the Kona Cafe. I think the atmosphere is more casual & light hearted than some of the fancier restaurants, which is better for kids. I like how they give kids light up tinkerbell's for their drinks! Your girls might like that. Plus the whole hotel theme is so much fun.

Then you can walk right out onto the beach & watch the fireworks. I've done it before, it's a perfect view and is pretty private. There weren't many people on the beach when my husband & I did this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom