Who's more accurate - Weather.com or AccuWeather?

MrsJackSparrow

Original Poster
I know weather.com is usually conservative with their 10-day forecasts.

Anyone have any experience with AccuWeather, because I'm really liking their forecast for our trip next week! :wave:

KristieLC

I like accuweather. They are definitely not perfect, but it isn't bad. Part of my husbands job is to make sure he knows the predicted weather for the upcoming weeks so that he can determine how much gas utilities will use, based on temp and the company (hess) uses accuweather as a whole.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think both sites use a system similar to the one pictured below which would make them about even.

weatherWheel.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC uses the same feed that NASA uses, and it's also the only feed that is admissable in evidence in a court of law LOL. So take that for what it's worth. :)

MrsJackSparrow

Original Poster
WOW! Thanks for all the suggestions.

So far, they're all better than Chicago suburbs! :ROFLOL: Still not sure whether I should pack flip-flops or not! :lol:

RiversideBunny

Phil Connors, in the movie 'Ground Hog Day':

"...Elko, Nevada, our nation's high at 79 today." Out in California, they're gonna have some warm weather tomorrow, gang wars, and some very overpriced real estate. Up in the Pacific Northwest, as you can see, they're gonna have some very, very tall trees...."
"This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. "

:)

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Being from the hometown of accuweather, it is my experience that they are pretty accurate about 3 days out. Anymore than that, and it is more than likely to change. Even within 2 minutes the weather can change. Weather Channel is the least accurate. Accuweather and NOAA are my prime choices. Even the weather channel refers to accuweather at times when they do the forcasts for State College, Pa, and we all know they refer to NOAA..... Cheers!

Edit: Pack the flip flops. I went several times in December and in November, the weather is a mixed bag. I remember, two or three years ago at Christmas, my kids went swimming. Best of Luck!

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I find this to be the most accurate.

[SIZE=+4]The Weather Rock[/SIZE]

weatherrock.GIF

[SIZE=+2]This[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]rock is the perfect weather indicator, it
never fails. It is more accurate than your local
weather person.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] [/SIZE][SIZE=+2]This[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]rock is the living word and
is 100% correct.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] [/SIZE][SIZE=+2]This[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]is how it works:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]a dry rock means fair weather.
a wet rock means it's raining.
a dusty rock means a dust storm.
a swaying rock means it's windy.
a shadow under the rock means it's sunny.
a white rock means it's snowing.
if the rock is jumping up and down, an
earthquake is upon us.
if the bottom of the rock is under water it's a
flood.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]most beautiful of all, though the rock is not
attached to its' existence, it doesn't mind which
of the above is happening.[/SIZE]

gjpjtj

I like Accuweather, however I do refer to both, and the National Weather service as well. The mix gives you a good idea of whats happening. Accuweather seems to update their forecasts faster than Weather.com

Vernonpush

i find this to be the most accurate.

[size=+4]the weather rock[/size]

weatherrock.gif

[size=+2]this[/size][size=+1] [/size][size=+1]rock is the perfect weather indicator, it
never fails. It is more accurate than your local
weather person.[/size]
[size=+1] [/size][size=+2]this[/size][size=+1] [/size][size=+1]rock is the living word and
is 100% correct.[/size]
[size=+1] [/size][size=+2]this[/size][size=+1] [/size][size=+1]is how it works:[/size]
[size=+1]a dry rock means fair weather.
A wet rock means it's raining.
A dusty rock means a dust storm.
A swaying rock means it's windy.
A shadow under the rock means it's sunny.
A white rock means it's snowing.
If the rock is jumping up and down, an
earthquake is upon us.
If the bottom of the rock is under water it's a
flood.[/size]

[size=+1]most beautiful of all, though the rock is not
attached to its' existence, it doesn't mind which
of the above is happening.[/size]
:roflol::roflol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom