EPCOT FAWF with friends - funny fun

I love being close enough to WDW to go on a spur-of-the-moment day trip. I'm about two hours away so it's not so close that I go there every day, but close enough that I get there every few weeks. I've been lucky to go last Saturday with a group of friends, and then again yesterday.

Yesterday's trip was with Katie, Matt and Amanda. Definately three of the most fun people on these boards. The day started with me getting there at park opening and wandering around by myself for a few hours. Nice thing about being alone is that I tend to notice more details around me.

I've never seen anyone loving on the mirrored column before (aside from myself :lol:) and I was impressed to see the column getting some squeegy-love.

3016139254_b5bdfb1edc_m.jpg

I do believe EPCOT is the cleanest park in the whole of WDW. Even with the crowds of Food and Wine Fest, the ground was amazingly clean in World Showcase.

And we have a blank in our sign....this is in the walkway going from Test Track to Mousegear. Wonder if they will have this filled in the next time I get back to EPCOT.

3015415747_fff90e0439.jpg

And it is Christmas-time already in EPCOT! I can't wait for Holidays Around the World to start - and for them to decorate the minuature train in Germany. It's one of my favorite parts of Christmas in EPCOT.

3015457641_0ed6ffbae9.jpg

Even the stores in World Showcase Plaza are decked out for the Holiday season:

3016528160_8f8bb3b6d7.jpg

And I just loved the Holiday confusion! This picture was taken in The Land...We are in between Halloween and Christmas....:lol:

Where's the Thanksgiving napkins?

3016854722_a69b9bc251.jpg

More to come......:D

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Unfortunately we have reached the end of Food and Wine Fest. :( This is my most favorite time in EPCOT - and yesterday was no exception. For the first time EVER I did not spill anything on myself. I also did not knock over any beers. *is proud* :lol:

The glory that is beer yesterday was Moosehead, Tsing-Tao, Sam Adams tasting seminar, more Tsing-Tao, some kind of champagne, and Bass Ale. I feel like I am leaving somthing out and that fact that I can't remember confirms this. :eek:

Here's the pork pot-stickers and Chicken Sza Sz-something and Tsing-tao from China:

3016418202_6fb8f59514.jpg

And the salmon and Moosehead from Canada. I remember early in the festival the Canada CMs would all shout "HEY" or "EH" or something like that with every order, but yesterday they were all being silly with "Moooooosehead" every time a beer was ordered. I wonder how much sampling was going on behind the counter? :lookaroun

3015631145_476110b827.jpg

And one thing that too much beer will do to a person is visual confusion. I seriously got excited standing in Japan (or was it China? :lol: Meh -whatever - someone here will call me out for being dumb right now) and looking up and swearing they added Santa and his sleigh with reindeer on the rooftop here. Yes, I actually announced to Matt that they must have added Christmas decorations up there. DUH. Evidently it is little lion-things. *giggle* I still think it is Santa....and his sleigh....and reindeer. :lol:

3016582654_f571d02b73.jpg

More to come....:D

sweetpee_1993

I remember early in the festival the Canada CMs would all shout "HEY" or "EH" or something like that with every order

It was "eh", I'm sure. One of my brother-in-law's married a Canadian girl. When we went up there for the wedding several years ago we caught on to the fact that they ended a lot of sentences with "eh". Then when Brother Bear came out we fell in love with the mooses because they are so obviously Canadian, eh? And now whenever we're around my sis-in-law we notice a lot of the 'ehs' but not as much as we used to. At least we don't laugh anymore. LOL! We're a colorful family. The majority of us are all southern folks so the little nuances that make us different stand out. We love our Canadian sis, tho. Truly. She's gotta have a heck of a sense of humor to handle this family. Eh?

Lovin' the TR! Eagerly waiting for more! Eh?

:sohappy:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
The fantasticness that is the Sam Adams tasting seminar happened at some point during the day. I think it was around 6pm. :lol::lookaroun They have a great set-up with a nice wooden bar and rows of stools with beers in front of each one. *sigh* heaven *sigh*

3016588844_cabef9f885.jpg

Here's the rows of seats - they were just setting up and had us (im)patiently waiting outside:

3016595712_48309ebfa0.jpg

Out in the queue they have some large displays explaining the history of beer, Sam Adams, and stuff like that. The concert that was going on was Los Lobos. They were pretty-OK sounding....as soon as they played "La Bamba" I decided to 'break it down' (probably not that pretty of a sight after all the beer we had) and the minute I started really getting down, my phone rang and it was my husband. How does he know right when to call? :lookaroun

Anyhow when we got to our seats we saw they were lovingly prepared for our enjoyment:

2959175473_6e078761e5.jpg

And of course here's proof that were were slogging along and having a good time! A blurry picture from a bleary-eyed photographer (me :eek:)

3016614408_ff476e866c.jpg

Isn't that a beautiful 13th Anniversary beer Matt's got?

And here is Katie and I - celebrating and enjoying time together at EPCOT:

3015791519_c26eb2afc3.jpg

More to come.......:D

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
And lastly, other miscellaneous bits of EPCOT magic that happened at various points of the day.....

The Fountain of Nations rainbow. I would have jumped in to find the pot of gold but I got shy at the thought of removing my clothes at WDW so I decided I really don't need the money anyhow. My friends are golden. :D

3016543070_9f553d88dc.jpg

Quite possibly the most useful spoon for Victoria to add to her spoon collection....efficiency at its best...:lookaroun;)

3015558407_63ebce6a41.jpg

Even after all these years the jumping fountains in Imagination just amaze me.

3015530179_01e187eb26.jpg

And finally - the future ain't so bright. Rode SSE with Katie and the darned ride cut me out twice and didn't put Katie in there at all. EPIC Fail!

3015739965_6c88ecd51d.jpg

I really wish I had taken more pictures but as the evening wore on my brain became less able to cope with the camera. Thank you, Katie, Matt and Amanda.

At the end of the evening we watched IllumiNations - the four of us plus two more friends. Thanks to technology we were able to get Jackie and Evan on the phone so they could hear IllumiNations from afar. It was awesome. Evan tried to get us all to drunk-sing We Go On and it kinda did happen :lol: but I was cracking up so much I forgot the words. :eek: Ah.

:wave: Hope to see yall in EPCOT.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I thought it was Santa and his reindeer also...

Great report so far Shannon..

You and Katie look so very happy!..:)

I know - I was in disbelief that it is not Santa with the raindeer. :dazzle: Dang.

And as you are well aware, Katie is just amazing. :D Hopefully one day you will get to hang out with her in person. You'll have the best time.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
How much of 'what happened next' can I actually post here?

:lol::lookaroun

Holy shizzle! :lol:

Good point :lol:

Our Illuminations viewing party was awesome! Don't forget Jackie's cousin and her boyfriend got to listen, too... we were truly sharing the Epcot love :sohappy:

I know - I was in disbelief that it is not Santa with the raindeer. :dazzle: Dang.

And as you are well aware, Katie is just amazing. :D Hopefully one day you will get to hang out with her in person. You'll have the best time.

:eek::eek::eek:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Our Illuminations viewing party was awesome! Don't forget Jackie's cousin and her boyfriend got to listen, too... we were truly sharing the Epcot love :sohappy:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. How cool! :D

I couldn't have had a better day...or night. :)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Shannon, I totally want that spoon for my collection now! How did I miss that the last time I was there?! :lol:

*clears a huge section of wall in anticipation of my new spoon* :lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Shannon, I totally want that spoon for my collection now! How did I miss that the last time I was there?! :lol:

*clears a huge section of wall in anticipation of my new spoon* :lookaroun

KATIE was the one who saw that spoon and thought of you. That was one of the huge highlights of the day for us! :king: We just could not believe it. :lol::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom