Our Wedding @ Disney World

TomHendricks

Original Poster
We got married at Disney World on May 19th 2007. It was truly a magical experience. We got married at the Gazebo at the Yacht club and it was amazing.

051974-0331.jpg

051974-0170.jpg

051974-0164.jpg

051974-0283.jpg

051974-0202.jpg

051974-0449.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

051974-0703.jpg

051974-0728.jpg

051974-0761.jpg

Magicmyway

Congrats! You had my dream wedding! It was gorgeous!!! Thanks for the pics! Out of curiosity (Ive researched prices) were there any surprise costs or did the wedding actually cost as Disney states were it's about 4,000 with the amenities and extra cost for the hotel rooms? If you dont mind stating this info, Id be appreicative!

Missymoe4

Congratulations. I wish you nothing short of much happiness and love (and more Disney trips) for years and years to come!

Thank you for sharing your pictures, it was a treat to view them (especially since my dream is to marry in WDW as well).

Congrats!

TomHendricks

Original Poster
Thank you all for the nice words. Our wedding at DW was simply the single most amazing thing. Our family and friends still talk about it. Our wedding was perfect, if you can do a Disney Wedding I highly recommend it. Our wedding planer was amazing and we got everything we wanted. If you choose to get married at DW, the Gazebo at the Yacht club is the most amazing place.

When we were there, we know you can do the $4000 or so wedding at Disney. However you are really limited to what is listed there. If you want additional things, the price goes up quickly.

Our wedding cost no where near that amount. However we chose a lot of additional things. The Cinderella coach was not available, but we liked the one we had better and we got a Clydesdale with it. We had a three piece ensemble with microphones. (Sound system costs extra, but really worth it.) We had photo & video for 8 hours. We also had two receptions, one for the adults and one for the children. We also had Belle come and read stories and play with the kids at their receptions. Then the best thing ever, we got the photo package in the MK and in front of Cinderella castle all alone in the park. We had to get up at 6am the day after our wedding to do it, but was the single greatest thing ever. To be in the MK all alone except our photographer. If you think the MK is magical when you visit will all the people, imagine it being all to yourself. We also felt that asking all our friends and family to fly to Disney for the wedding was asking a lot. So we payed for 2 night at Port Orleans for everyone.

So I guess what I'm saying is, you probably can do it for $4000 but don't count on it.

Congrats! You had my dream wedding! It was gorgeous!!! Thanks for the pics! Out of curiosity (Ive researched prices) were there any surprise costs or did the wedding actually cost as Disney states were it's about 4,000 with the amenities and extra cost for the hotel rooms? If you dont mind stating this info, Id be appreicative!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Our wedding planer was amazing and we got everything we wanted. If you choose to get married at DW, the Gazebo at the Yacht club is the most amazing place.

Who was your planner and photographer?
I agree that Disney do such an amazing job on the weddings. They really make you feel like a VIP.

TomHendricks

Original Poster
Our wedding planner was Diane Bowen, a truly remarkable woman. She is the person who made everyone of our dreams come true. She also did it in an incredibly short amount of time. We were suppose to go down to DW on Feb. 14th, but thats the wonderful day where Jetblue stranded passengers forever on planes. Well ours was not to bad, only 4 hours on a plane. We wound up going down two weeks later and our wedding was three months later in May.

Our photographer was Amy Alexander. when we went down to plan the wedding we fell in love with her stuff. However she was already assigned to another wedding. But, that wedding did not ask for her and Diane was able to switch her to our wedding.

Who was your planner and photographer?
I agree that Disney do such an amazing job on the weddings. They really make you feel like a VIP.

wdwmomof3

Love the pictures!! It looks like it was so amazing. I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of my children will want to do the same thing, and get married at Disney.

Congratulations!!:wave:

jen2009

Waiting for my day!!!

I am getting married on March 12, 2009 at Disneys Wedding Pavilion. Can't wait ::sohappy:
You are right. The wedding can get pricey. The weddings are no longer 4000. The prices just went up 500 dollars per package. Ours is the premium at the wedding pavilion. By the time you add your stay and all the extras it can get costly. Ours at the moment is 7500. But it is going to be well worth it. We are doing the escape package and there will be 20 of us total. We are in the process of choosing all of the details. After a friend who is getting married in October complains, my fiance and I are happy we decided Disney. 230 days and counting. We also are getting the Magic Kingdom Portrait package. It is well worth it.

Magicmyway

So.... what are your extras? I've been looking at all the extras! I was just wondering what you thought was worth it... Still 7500 is pretty good... :) Good Luck!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Congratulations, and thanks for sharing with us.
Glad everything worked out well for you!
Now time to start planning those anniversary visits! :D

jen2009

So.... what are your extras? I've been looking at all the extras! I was just wondering what you thought was worth it... Still 7500 is pretty good... :) Good Luck!

The extras are the pictures at the magic kingdom. we are also having an cocktail hour after the wedding because dinner is not going to be till 745pm. the other extras are the flowers that are not included with the package. we have to buy extra boutineres and coursages and maid of honor flowers. the 7500 is roughly were we are at including tax with all the extras. it is still cheaper than having a wedding in virginia for 175+ people. besides we get to go to disney for our honeymoon.:sohappy:

Teenchy

Congrats as well. Welcome to the Club (Disney wedding club alum that is...) I to had an amazing wedding and also highly recommend it to anyone, no matter the size.
Good luck and now you have another great excuse to have to visit Disney every year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom