Charlton Heston Dead at 84

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
Original Poster

primetime52

I bet it was those "damn dirty apes."

But in all seriousness, he was a great actor and seemed like a pretty cool guy as well. He will be missed. RIP.

The Mom

Premium Member
It's unusual for actors to have such a long career these days, where they are not only recognized by, but are still popular with, multiple generations.

Heston was one of them.

I believe it is also of note that he was married for 64 years, something that is rare in "wife/husband/significant other du jour" Hollywood.

dandaman

It's unusual for actors to have such a long career these days, where they are not only recognized by, but are still popular with, multiple generations.

Heston was one of them.

Amen to that.

For some reason I got to thinking about The Ten Commandments in church this morning, even before I heard the news on the radio. When I did, you better believe I was quite disheartened.

Rest in peace, Heston. :(

crawdaddy1819

ill never forget his role in the crash landing of united flight 232 which he portrayed capt. al haynes and had a complete hydraulic failure (flight controls would not work...couldnt turn or do anything w/ the rudders) that flight crew did a phenomenal job of getting the airplane down and making the runway where 186 people survived the crash.

sbkline

Joke or not, that is just wrong.

RIP Charlton. IMO some of his best work was the documentary style Bible series. Great voice.

I agree with Heston's stance on guns, being a gun owner myself. I firmly believe in the right to bear arms and I support conceal and carry laws.

Having said all that, I still found the above quote to be quite amusing. :ROFLOL:

And on a more serious note, may God grant peace to his survivors in their time of loss.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I fully support his defence of the right to arm bears. He was obviously concerned about future primate control.

A big Disney fan as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom