Night Of Joy 2008 Tickets Now On Sale!

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
Night of Joy is a time for Guests to celebrate fun, freedom and fellowship. Ticket sales for this year's event have arrived! Starting this morning, Night of Joy tickets are available to purchase. Guests will be able to revel in the best of Christian Pop, Rock, Urban and Gospel music from some of today's most powerful voices in Contemporary Christian music.

Live concert performances will be on stages throughout Disney's Hollywood Studios. This special event will be over two nights, September 5th and September 6th, from 7:30 pm to 12:30 am.

Guests can purchase an advanced savings one night ticket for $44.95 plus tax, or save and buy a two night ticket for $75.95 plus tax (a savings of $14.86 over purchasing separate one night tickets for each night). Tickets purchased on the day of the events (if available) will be $49.95 plus tax.

Note: There is one price for all guests 3 and up. There is no separate child price. Request for 10 or more tickets should be made through our Group Sales Office at 1-877-NITE-JOY (1-877-648-3569)

PrincessMiko

Yay! I love NoJ!! According to nightofjoy.com, here are the scheduled performers:

Friday
  • Chris Tomlin
  • MercyMe
  • Rebecca St. James
  • BarlowGirl
  • Matthew West
  • Rush of Fools
  • Brandon Heath
  • Britt Nichole
Saturday
  • Casting Crowns
  • tobyMac
  • Fred Hammond
  • Marcos Witt
  • Mandisa
  • Aaron Shust
  • RED
  • Pure NRG
Yay again!! I love NoJ! (did I already say that??) :)

Can't say that I'm too thrilled about it being at DHS though...
We'll see how it works out.

fizzle75

Thanks JP!:wave:

I would love to attend NOJ but we already have a trip booked in December, oh well, maybe next year.

Oh, by the way Piglet Is My Cat, I'm pretty sure it was announced last fall that NOJ would be moving to DHS starting this year. I guess it makes more sense for it to be held at DHS but I really hate that I'll never get to see some of my favorite artists perform in front of the castle. There's some Youtube footage of Sanctus Real's set floating around that looks amazing.

NOJ tends to draw more of the big names in Christian music while more of the "edgier" artists tend to be booked at Rock the Universe at Universal. I'm betting we'll see a very similiar line up to last year's as several of those artists are still touring to promote new albums.

When do they normally announce the lineup?

fizzle75

Yay! I love NoJ!! According to nightofjoy.com, here are the scheduled performers:

Friday
  • Chris Tomlin
  • MercyMe
  • Rebecca St. James
  • BarlowGirl
  • Matthew West
  • Rush of Fools
  • Brandon Heath
  • Britt Nichole
Saturday
  • Casting Crowns
  • tobyMac
  • Fred Hammond
  • Marcos Witt
  • Mandisa
  • Aaron Shust
  • RED
  • Pure NRG
Yay again!! I love NoJ! (did I already say that??) :)

Can't say that I'm too thrilled about it being at DHS though...
We'll see how it works out.

Meh...not a very exciting line up in my opinion with the exception of Mercy Me, TobyMac, Red and Matthew West.

krankenstein

Meh...not a very exciting line up in my opinion with the exception of Mercy Me, TobyMac, Red and Matthew West.

Add Tomlin and Barlowgirl to your list an I would agree with you. I would probably pick Friday night if I could only go to one.

I doubt I will make it to NOJ or Rock the Universe this year. :(

FriarTuck&Roll

I personally have been going to Night of Joy every year since 1990 and this has to be the first time im not really excited about the line-up. The only group im really interested in is RED. As for Universal's Rock the Universe, the only band I have been able to confirm is the Newsboy (but even they list their tour date as September 30, Night of Joy Universal Studios) and even that is not certain. I still really cant believe the reason Disney moved a 25 year old event from the Magic Kingdom to DHS just so they could add an extra weekend of MNSSHP. But they also broke tradition by moving Grad Nite to DHS as well so they could have more P&P parties.

David

I'll admit that I don't keep up with all things Universal, but I did not even know they had an event like this.

krankenstein

I'll admit that I don't keep up with all things Universal, but I did not even know they had an event like this.

I actually liked Rock the Universe a little bit better than NOJ when I went. It was a lot cheaper for me to take our youth group to Rock the Universe and Universal does an awesome job with the event.

The best part was you did not have to wait in line to get up to the stage, you could just walk up to it or go to the back whatever.

Plus, they had a lounge for chaperone's which was really really nice. They gave us free water and drinks, had the football game on th big screen etc. It was a nice place to get away from all the crowds for a little while.

the-reason14

That line up is kinda boring imo, if Im down there at the time, I wont be going. Last years at the MK was off the chain, we had folk getting crunk, mary-mary, smokie, it was great. It was my first Noj though, and probably the last, if they dont have any of my favs down there.

DisneyDefenders

I personally have been going to Night of Joy every year since 1990 and this has to be the first time im not really excited about the line-up. The only group im really interested in is RED. As for Universal's Rock the Universe, the only band I have been able to confirm is the Newsboy (but even they list their tour date as September 30, Night of Joy Universal Studios) and even that is not certain. I still really cant believe the reason Disney moved a 25 year old event from the Magic Kingdom to DHS just so they could add an extra weekend of MNSSHP. But they also broke tradition by moving Grad Nite to DHS as well so they could have more P&P parties.

While MNSSHP and PPP may have had something to do with it, I think the real reason they did this is because they're trying to brand Disney's Hollywood Studios as Disney's teen park. I really believe they are going to lose a great deal of people to Rock The Universe at Universal Studios this year :wave:, but if they can keep plusing that park, it may have been a smart move in the long run.

MaxsDad

Am I the only one who thinks Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin are really, really, good. Reading this thread makes me feel as if I am, I don't know, a dweeb? for listening to the mainstream music. Perhaps, it just a case of "it goes without saying" type of thing.

Anyway, Student Leadership was at our Church this weekend for a youth conference. (I think they must be based out of Orlando) There was a worship band there lead by a guy named Matt Papa. Check it out, he was uplifting and gifted.

Do any of you NoJ/Universal veterans know if Charlie Hall or Dave Crowder ever play these events?

DisneyDefenders

Dcb

Am I the only one who thinks Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin are really, really, good. Reading this thread makes me feel as if I am, I don't know, a dweeb? for listening to the mainstream music. Perhaps, it just a case of "it goes without saying" type of thing.

Anyway, Student Leadership was at our Church this weekend for a youth conference. (I think they must be based out of Orlando) There was a worship band there lead by a guy named Matt Papa. Check it out, he was uplifting and gifted.

Do any of you NoJ/Universal veterans know if Charlie Hall or Dave Crowder ever play these events?

David Crowder Band performed at NOJ last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom