Interesting CM stories

FootballFigment

Original Poster
I have always wanted to be a park CM and I was just wondering what kind of stories, good or bad, CMs have to share about their experiences working for the mouse. I find insider stories about cast members and their time in the parks and with guests to be fascinating. So I hope your all willing to share!

joanna71985

I have always wanted to be a park CM and I was just wondering what kind of stories, good or bad, CMs have to share about their experiences working for the mouse. I find insider stories about cast members and their time in the parks and with guests to be fascinating. So I hope your all willing to share!

I have had really good experiences for the most part, while working down in WDW. For the few bad experiences, I have had hundreds more good ones.

ImaYoyo

A favorite recent one. This came from one my CMs.

A guest recently called to "speak with your supervisor". When the Cast Member attempted to find out with what manager and for what purpose, the guest repeated "Just let me talk to Mr Rolo." The Cast Member let the guest know that she was not aware of a leader name "Mr Rolo". The guest then said "then just let me talk to Megan". As there are many Megans that this CM works with, she asked for a last name. The guest then replied "Crawford". So the CM comes to me and says "who is Megan Crawford"? And I had noooooooo idea. So then I thought for a second and walked back to her desk and said "Meg Crofton?" and she repeated that to the guest and gave me a thumbs up. So I told her to see if she can take a message with the guests information and have someone get back to her.

Interesting in it's self... but the REAL fun of the story came from the following....

When I looked at the Cast Member, she was laughing so hard she was nearly crying. She handed me her notepad that had the following notes...

"XXX XXX (guest name) XXX-XXX-XXXX (guest phone number). Guest has purchased tickets for her group, wants refund and an explanation for moving the Disney MGM Studios to hollywood. Guest cannot afford to re-book her flights and airline will not change flights from Orlando to Hollywood for free. Guest has already called US Airways to complain but they suggested she call us for an explanation"

joanna71985

Interesting in it's self... but the REAL fun of the story came from the following....

When I looked at the Cast Member, she was laughing so hard she was nearly crying. She handed me her notepad that had the following notes...

"XXX XXX (guest name) XXX-XXX-XXXX (guest phone number). Guest has purchased tickets for her group, wants refund and an explanation for moving the Disney MGM Studios to hollywood. Guest cannot afford to re-book her flights and airline will not change flights from Orlando to Hollywood for free. Guest has already called US Airways to complain but they suggested she call us for an explanation"

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

wdwmomof3

I

:ROFLOL:You don't hear that one everyday.:lol:

Pocamahontas

I'm a bit of a sap, so please pardon the length. This one happened just as I started with Photopass:

I'm on mainstreet at about 8 AM, tending to the early birds who are having breakfast in the park, and as usual families love to have their picture taken at this time in front of Cinderella's castle because there is no one in the park, and it's a great shot. Well, one family comes up to me, big smiles, and asks if I will take their picture. I notice that there is just one little girl and she is standing next to mom and dad, instead of in front of them. To make it a better shot I simply ask "Princess will you step right in front for me?"
...the girl doesn't move. So I ask again "Princess, will you just stand right in front of mom and dad?"....she still doesn't budge.
At first I think she's scared of me, and that I'm being too demanding, but then her mother says "****** she's talking to you."
Well...the little girl hears that, and says to me "But I'm not a princess"
:eek:First of all, I pick my jaw off of the floor, and walk over to her, and ask her:
"Can you twirl?"
...she looks at me funny, and then I do a demonstration, and she follows.
"Okay, sweetheart, can you curtsy?"
...(this one she needs no demonstration for) and she curtsy's
And then I say
"thank you"
and take a step back, and take the family picture, at this point, mom and dad are looking at me like I'm crazy, and I just keep smiling, and continue taking their picture.
Then I ask for one with just ******.
And I tell her, okay sweetheart (notice I stopped calling her princess)
will you hold your hands just like this, (and I show her a princess pose...which she does fabulously)
And I take her photo, just like that.
Her parents still think I'm nuts, but I kneel down, and ask her "Are you a princess?"
And she looks frustrated and says "no" with a look that tells me "we just went through this."
But then I tell her, "but you can curtsy right? and you can twirl? and that pose you did, that was a princess pose taught to me by Cinderella herself. And that smile...that's a princess smile. So you must be a princess!"
And I ask her again "now princess, are you a princess?"
This time, she looks up at mom and dad as she thinks about it, and she looks at me after a moment, and she mumbles something like "well I could be, I guess"
And I tell her never to forget it.

Now here is the part that made me terribly nervous.
As I gave them back their photopass, and they said goodbye with big smiles, and a heck of a thank you, ****** asked her father,
"Daddy, am I a princess?"
....you know what he said?

"Since the day you were born"
And if there were ever a smile to touch someones heart,
it was hers at that moment. :D

The very very best part?
I saw her walking through the part later that day, with a tiara,
a bigggg kiss mark on her cheek in red lipstick (which I assume was from when she had breakfast with Cinderella) and that same smile on her face.
She saw me, and what did the cutest girl in the world do?
She ran up to me, curtsied, and then gave me one of the biggest hugs I've ever received in my life,
and she ended our meeting with a "Bye Princess":king:
(the nerve of that girl to call me a princess, I'm telling you, as if i wasn't tearing up already)

...it's moments like this that make me realize I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have a job like mine, and that there could be no better boss than Mickey Mouse.

cm1988

Good show

I'm a bit of a sap, so please pardon the length. This one happened just as I started with Photopass:

I'm on mainstreet at about 8 AM...
Well, Pocamahontas, that about defines it: reached out to guests, paid attention to child, stayed in role, kept smiling...

and you made a difference...

Good show!

InfernalPenguin

Well, I'm not a CM but I'll tell you what: I've always wanted to figure out the name of this ONE guy.

A couple of years back. Big family trip. We were at MGM during Star Wars weekeds, and it just so happens me and my aunt are HUUUUGE warsies. That was OUR DAY! Everybody got lightsabers and we went around the park dueling like someone put a coffee IV in our rooms.

Well that's not really the story. My grandmother goes to that dark room photoshop place near the entrance.

Out of the corner of my eye one of my cousins (she was like 7 at the time) is having some sort of game with a CM that has her giggling her butt off.

The CM comes up to me, points at the saber hanging from my belt (oh yeah... only thing I regret was not having brought some sort of robe with me) and goes "Hey, can I borrow that?" I give it to him.

What ensued was the most raucous game of tag/swordfight I have ever seen. Doors were used for cover. Pencils were used. Staplers were used.

You may say to yourself "Oh my, your cousin was getting abused by a CM!"

No sir... that CM took THE BIGGEST PUNISHMENT I HAVE EVER SEEN SOMEONE TAKE PLAYING WITH A KID.

My cousin beat the ever living...err... Pooh... out of him. He MUST have gone home with a blanket of bruises that day.

And yet he never quit. He kept hamming it up, making her laugh soooo hard. He was just putting on the funniest show you could ever imagine.

AND THEN... turns out he got in trouble and he was put outside by the "head" CM or whatever you wanna call it, to hand out some sort of fliers.

My grandmother and aunt tried to smooth things over, but the manager said "Yeah, don't worry, he's like this all the time! He's not in trouble, we just needed that done"

Well, my family tried to leave some sort of letter to the mouse talking about what a great time that CM gave the kids, but we couldn't remember his name since we had been distracted by trying to get him in his manager's good graces!

Mikester71

Great stories everyone! Nice to hear there are still people out there that believe a little magic can go a long way in helping make someone's day. :sohappy:

Bug715

There are too many good memories from my 4 months as a CPer. But I'll share my favorite.

I was getting a bit worn down by the hours and grumpy guests when I got an 8am shift. I was upset since I was use to working nights and got off at midnight the night before plus the park didn't open till 9 so why was I there at 8. But I woke up at 6am that morning and went into work. I went to the morning meeting and was told that I would be opening the East Train Cart (the one by Expo Hall and the train station). The manager walked out there with me since I had never opened before and told me about the Main Street Welcome. This is when all Cast Members come out on the street with mickey and minnie gloves and wave to the guests the first 5 min the park is open.

That turned into my favorite morning. The look on the guest's faces as they raced into the park for their ADA reservations and once the rope droped was priceless. I was thinking about how many of these people were starting their vacation that day and how many people were celebrating their first visit. It was amazing. And I got a chuckle when a guest who asked me in a paniced voice "Where is the Castle?" Later my manager came out to check on me and was surprised that my mood had changed so much. That early morning is exactly what I needed to change my attitude.

joanna71985

...it's moments like this that make me realize I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have a job like mine, and that there could be no better boss than Mickey Mouse.

What a great story!

joanna71985

:D They say great minds think alike! I didn't think the expression could be used so literally.

You're a CM aren't you? I've been reading some of your posts.
Where do you work?

Yeah. I didn't realize you had it- I saw it on Photobucket and liked it. Sorry.:eek:

I am currently seasonal as a character attendant, and will also be doing QSFB this summer (don't know where yet).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom