I got evacuated in SSE 180top!!!

Captain Hank

dont get me started.... i really get upset when things are left just covered up from years past effects. i know that it is money and time.... but tell me what the hell is this? space junk? im sure it is apart of the ventilation system or some electrical.View attachment 24724

wait a minute? if they didnt leave all this being cutains etc, then what would we have to go by about the previous versions. :drevil:

OH, thanks for the pics and update. is it me, or does the grid lights on the descent look even cheap/cheesier then when in the dark? i hope they have a nice dark appearance.
Keep in mind, though, that the vehicles are facing away from this...whatever it is...during this part of the ride. You can see a vehicle halfway through turning around in the background.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Keep in mind, though, that the vehicles are facing away from this...whatever it is...during this part of the ride. You can see a vehicle halfway through turning around in the background.
yeh i know... but for people like me, after a few rides i tend to look the way im not intended to look to see what im not intended to see. :D like i mentioned... it is nit picky and should be taken with a grain. in the end, it doesnt make or break the ride experience.

wickedfan07

I think I want to ride SSE with the lights on. :lookaroun

I can't believe that all sorts of unsightly junk and old set pieces are there. How hard is it to take the old stuff away? Even if its difficiult to see when the ride is operating normally, I still think its very bad show.

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
I just hope Martin can enhance my video of the old space station and window.

I could only get the window on video. My camera could not capture it. I could get the flash to flicker, so I had light to see the window....and it is damn creepy.

Here is a nightvision picture someone took last year of it:

7w75mo7.jpg

It's BIG!!!! remember its 6-8 feel tall.

Now I thought of something. The window was covered with a plexiglass cover. The entire frame was. Maybe the girl is there. They probably just painted over the "glass" with black paint. :eek:

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
Here is a crappy but somewhat idea as to what it used to look like. When things were all done in whites, and grey colors for the space station.

The window itself is a square, while the whole frame is a rectangle.

A mechanical arm was extending out of the window and was holding the satelite. Martin provided an enhanced photo of the satelite.

6ptw2s2.jpg

86htmh3.jpg

joel_maxwell

I just hope Martin can enhance my video of the old space station and window.

I could only get the window on video. My camera could not capture it. I could get the flash to flicker, so I had light to see the window....and it is damn creepy.
i wish you had a picture no matter how bad it is... i can work with stuff like that like martin can do video. for future reference....

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
Hopefully merf, Epcotservo, or anyone else can ride SSE when not alot of people are riding and can turn around and take a flash photo of the window then. :cool:

EpcotServo

dont get me started.... i really get upset when things are left just covered up from years past effects. i know that it is money and time.... but tell me what the hell is this? space junk?

The black mesh is used for stars...and again, I've been on it a bunch now, and you can't see this stuff when you're on it. ( I would love to take a flash photo....But I don't think I'll get that chance.)

This is so silly....I thought we all knew this already: BACKSTAGE AIN'T PRETTY. That includes rides with the lights on! There is LOTS of junk around and in these attractions that you don't see.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Right.... I`m in from work having just survived an electrical storm (in Manchester. In January... wha...??)

Let the 180top thread version 2 commence :lol:

I picked up the vids, thanks Expo, before I left this morning. I`ll did a prelim enhancement before I left, but couldn`t see the window. What is apparent is the hanging lights in the top of the core shaft. I didn`t realise they were hanging in the top of the core. Bang goes any hope of the window returning until version 5!

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
Thanks Martin for doing this! :sohappy: I have a cheap window media player enhancer. I captured the window for maybe 2 seconds and then panned up to the space station ceiling.

It is in spacestation.avi

When I use my crappy enhancer I can just make out the 3 feet long by maybe 5 feet tall window frame itself. I cannot see the entire window prop though. I can see the window frame at 2-4 seconds. I then pan up to the roof and then pan quickly down the window and then follow the person infront of down the stairs.

joel_maxwell

The black mesh is used for stars...and again, I've been on it a bunch now, and you can't see this stuff when you're on it. ( I would love to take a flash photo....But I don't think I'll get that chance.)

This is so silly....I thought we all knew this already: BACKSTAGE AIN'T PRETTY. That includes rides with the lights on! There is LOTS of junk around and in these attractions that you don't see.
oh i know... i love messy backstages, i guess i mean when they wont pull out a scene and they will cover with a curtain, but like i said, that would leave us nothing to "discover" :D

Right.... I`m in from work having just survived an electrical storm (in Manchester. In January... wha...??)

Let the 180top thread version 2 commence :lol:

I picked up the vids, thanks Expo, before I left this morning. I`ll did a prelim enhancement before I left, but couldn`t see the window. What is apparent is the hanging lights in the top of the core shaft. I didn`t realise they were hanging in the top of the core. Bang goes any hope of the window returning until version 5!
spoace travel will be popular again by version 5. it will be so retro. :rolleyes:

it will beat the hell out of glorified christmas lights hanging from the ceiling...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Okay, I got the filesize small enough for a simple SendSpace page. Video is little over a minute, and severely enhanced; I did try higher settings but there really isn`t anything more on the original to see.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/40vzba (wait for the link to appear next to the flashing arrow at the bottom)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom