Ways to Surprise Kids

TheKeeler7

Our kids big gift for christmas is a trip to WDW. They have done nothing but talk about going back since last year. Any suggestions on how to surprise them on X-mas day. We thought of maybe wrapping puzzle pieces with the other gifts that when put together would announce the trip. Any other suggestions?

LoriMistress

How about a package from Mickey Mouse personally, or maybe a gift from Santa? Have a huge box filled with the package filler and have several stuffed dolls of Mickey Mouse or their favorite character. You can get an autograph from Mickey Mouse (and you can have them write a personal note/quote) from Disney Guest Relations for free to mail you. Or maybe some Mickey Mouse ears?

Upvote 0

Nansafan

My cousin surprised her daughters by giving them autograph books with Mickey's signature, "See you in May Amanda, See you in May Michelle". The 7 year old didn't get it but the 9 year old did and started screaming, "we're going to Disney!"

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

Our kids big gift for christmas is a trip to WDW. They have done nothing but talk about going back since last year. Any suggestions on how to surprise them on X-mas day. We thought of maybe wrapping puzzle pieces with the other gifts that when put together would announce the trip. Any other suggestions?

Beginning November 25, book a non-discounted 2008 Walt Disney World® vacation by December 23, and Mickey Mouse will call the family on Christmas morning to deliver the big news. Imagine the excitement when they hear they're going to the Walt Disney World Resort ... directly from Mickey himself

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

we did all sorts of things, even involved some of there friends parents. Told them we were going to the Gulf Coast and then had there friends parents "leak" that we were going to Key West to there children who then called our teens and told them what they had heard! Was great even did up dummy maps and went to travelocity and printed out Hotel and site seeing information on Key West and left it "hidden" where I knew they would find it.... TOTAL shock when we arrived at the WDW Gates.:lol:
But all this kinda depends on how old your's is. Anyway you'll have a GREAT time.:wave:

Upvote 0

TheKeeler7

Original Poster
I like the autograph book Idea. The kids range in age from 5 to 12. The surprise of just showing up there would be great , but they know if we are anywhere close to FL , I am going to Disney.

Upvote 0

minnie2000

I don't know how old your kids are, but my Grandmother did something for me once. We were having Christmas at her house, and she had bought me a doll's pram. It was too big to wrap, so she hid it in a cupboard, tied a piece of string to the end and wound the string all around the house, and put a tag on it with my name. She gave me the tag and told me carefully the pick up the string, and wind it and my present would be at the end. I can remember being really excited, because the unwrapping (or string-following) was the most exciting bit!

However you decide to tell them, you could do the string thing, like a sort of treasure hunt, with a few Disney goodies along the way.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

If you are handy with video or picture editing you can put a little slideshow together with photos from disney. And get them excited and at the end have them wish really hard and close their eyes and on the last picture say you are going to Disney World.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

A few years back, we did something similar for my niece who had never been to Disney.

She's in Atlanta, and I live here in Orlando. We went a few weeks before Christmas and bought some mouse ears for her. We didn't get her name on them.

On Christmas morning, there was a package wrapped in Mickey Mouse gift wrap. We used photoshop and created a letter from Mickey saying she had to come to Disney World on a specific date in order to get her name on the ears. At the end of the letter, it said, "see you ____ date." It took her a few minutes, but then she realized she was going and nothing else mattered that day.

The look on her face when she figured it out was priceless!

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

If your kids are young enough to still "do" Santa, you could video a Santa announcing the trip to them, then just wrap up the video/DVD to put under the tree. Imagine their surprise to hear Santa himself telling them! :xmas:

Upvote 0

Kingdom WDW

The best way I could think of is to wake them up really early and say "Wake up, we're going to Disney World!" and on the way to the airport pop in Peter Pan or Toy Story.

If it's a 'Christmas Present' give them small Disney gifts, like pins or pens, and let them figure it out.

Make it subtle, but not like trying-to-understand-Ocean's 12-at-2-in-the-morning subtle.

Upvote 0
We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge so I dressed as best I could as a ranger from the lodge and did a home vidoe. I was sipping hot chocolate from a lodge mug, etc. I told the kids that since we were not going to get to go to Disney that I had put together a highlight video of all our trips. I copied over onto the same video scenes from some of our trips when the kids were really small. After the highlights the "ranger" comes back on and says we should play a game of finding the hidden mickeys in our house. They were told to first pause the video. We had "hidden mickey clues" throughout our house. Finally the clues led to a letter that was my personalized version of Twas the night before Christmas that was written with a Disney/Mickey twist. The letter told them we were going to Disneyworld in January. They went back to play the rest of the "ranger" video and I gave them the full details of the trip. The video and acting was not of the highest quality but was really fun and my kids say they will never forget it. In fact they wanted to watch it again just this weekend. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

TheKeeler7

Original Poster
DWL : I love the story Idea. My wife ordered a mickey mouse ears pinata with pull strings so all 5 kids can pull it at once, But we were still unsure of what to have come out of it. My wife rewrites theme songs to different shows / movies every year for our christmas card , so rewriting 'Twas the nite would be right up her ally. Thanks for the great idea

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom