Disney Car Care Center - Car Rental

jenjen1127

Does anyone know about renting a car onsite at the Car Care Center in WDW? I went on the Alamo website and got a good price but how do you get to the Car Care Center from your hotel (AKL) and vice versa how do you return the car and get back to the hotel? I really don't want to rent the car at the airport and drive to the resort. Any information would be appreciated. :shrug:

FaerieLuna

Alamo has a shuttle. You call them when you arrive at your resort and they pick you up there. It takes about an hour, so plan ahead. When you drop off the vehicle, you will then wait for the shuttle to take you back to your resort. It's easy, but you may have to wait a bit. Just an FYI, in my experience it has always been cheaper to rent from Alamo at MCO (orlando international) than on WDW property. I just thought i'd mention that anyway. At first I'd always rent at the Car Care Center, but once I tried the airport, I preferred that instead. I like not having to wait for ground transportation and getting to the resort right away. Just my two cents.

Upvote 0

jenjen1127

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. You're probably right. It takes too long to take the Magical Express and then call for the shuttle and pick up the car. I could just pick up the car at the airport and start my vacation right away. Do you know if Alamo charges additional driver fees? I'm renting the car but my 30 year old daughter will be driving it also and I'm hoping Alamo doesn't charge extra. Most of the car rental companies have in little print that there MAY be an additional driver fee. I guess I can call them but thought I'd ask if someone knows.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Another option to look into would be renting from the Alamo desk at the Dolphin. The price *should* be the same as the Car Care Center. Then you can either take Disney transportation there, or the shuttle should be able to pick you up and drive you there, too.

And when you drop the car off, you can then just take the Disney transportation to wherever you want to go (or walk to Epcot or the Studios)

-Rob

Upvote 0

disney1983

Thanks for the info. You're probably right. It takes too long to take the Magical Express and then call for the shuttle and pick up the car. I could just pick up the car at the airport and start my vacation right away. Do you know if Alamo charges additional driver fees? I'm renting the car but my 30 year old daughter will be driving it also and I'm hoping Alamo doesn't charge extra. Most of the car rental companies have in little print that there MAY be an additional driver fee. I guess I can call them but thought I'd ask if someone knows.

They do charge a fee for an additional driver but you can sometimes find internet coupons that waive the fee. Try mousesavers.com for car rental coupons. I'm renting a mid size next week for $115 with tax for seven days thanks to a coupon code.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Another option to look into would be renting from the Alamo desk at the Dolphin. The price *should* be the same as the Car Care Center. Then you can either take Disney transportation there, or the shuttle should be able to pick you up and drive you there, too.

And when you drop the car off, you can then just take the Disney transportation to wherever you want to go (or walk to Epcot or the Studios)

-Rob

There is no transport to the Dolphin, just the CCC. However, you can drop the car off at the Dolphin any time day/night unlike the CCC which closes around 4:30p. The Dolphin you just drop the car with the valet.

I would also check out National, get the emerald club through mousesavers.com and you can pick up/drop the car right at the Dolphin, if you don't take the car for the full time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom