Nothing until November..

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Is there any way we can set it up so your screename can be on the button too? Because if people are like me, I don't think I can do ANOTHER Epcot shirt when I've bought so many (With the rumor that more will be coming out!)

OK!

So first of all here is the link again: http://www.zazzle.com/horizons78

Now when you go there you will see the shirt and two different buttons. One of the buttons has my screen name on it for an example and can be customized just like the shirt. The other original button is on there as well. MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT BUTTON! :D

To customize either the shirt or the button just follow the following steps:

1. Click on the link: http://www.zazzle.com/horizons78

2. Click on the item you want: (REMEMBER - The shirt and one of the buttons are customizable so select the proper one!)

3. When the items page loads select the "Customize It" silver colored button directly underneath the green "Add to Cart" button on the lower right side of the page. A new page will load.

4. FOR SHIRTS: Click on the "Back" button under the large shirt picture - this will take you to the back of the shirt. BUTTON BUYERS CAN IGNORE THIS.

5. Click on the "Horizons78" text on the image. Once you click on the text you want to change a grey outline box should surround the text.

6. On the right hand side in the "Customize It" box click on "Change Text"

7. Now simply delete or overwrite the exsisting "Horizons78" text and write whatever you would like.

8. SClick "OK and review your image.

9. Select your quantity, click on add to cart and the rest is self explanatory.

That should set everyone up for shirts and buttons.

**I've also added customizable mugs, customizable mouse pads, a non-customizable bag, and a pretty cool bumper sticker that would be a great conversation starter!**

ENJOY! :sohappy:

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
:lol:Dang! The planning thickens! :lol:

1 - As far as a coordinator - Not me. I am a great helper and joker but not a really big planner.

2 - Thanks for posting the shirts and the link to get them - and buttons - I will get some shirts and even some buttons to hand out.

3 - As far as being a large group of about 100 - if the opening day is on a weekday I don't think we'll get that many people. Granted I really don't know what I am talking about - just guessing SSE opening is for the real die-hards. Or am I delusional? I dunno....

4 - Not sure about contacting Disney - aren't we all allowed to get together at the park without going through the 3rd degree?

Or are all the above thoughts the exact reason I should not be in charge? :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I am sooo excited about this get-together! I had wished SSE would be open during the 10/1 festivities - now I am glad it was not open - we have another reason to get together! :sohappy:

1. Helping and Joking will be required! :wave:
2. Your welcome and thanks!
3. You are right - Im still hoping for more!
4. I agree we most certainly are allowed to get together for this. I don't think it is a matter of having to tell them as our group is probably gonna be small. The only reason I suggested it was that Jim Mcphee seemed eager to please our group before so I dunno...we might get something cool out of letting them know but I am good with the situation either way. :wave:

P.S. - I still think you'd be great at being in charge! LOL

Tomorrow's Child '07/ Jim McPhee is Awesome: An EPCOT Fan Tribute to the MAN!
1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 -
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut -
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything -

In order to help keep this ^ going, everyone who will be joining us can add their name to this list if they are not already on it. Lets try to keep this list up to date :sohappy:

In addition to keeping it up to date let's put the number in your party out to the right of our names. :D

**Im still wondering if we should start another thread with a title like "Spaceship Earth Re-Opening Meet Party" and put a link in it to this thread - maybe even try to get that thread stickied.

Im just thinking that people might not know to look in this thread for something like what we are doing with the current thread name.

What do you guys think?**

FEEL FREE TO COPY MY SIGNATURE!

CaptainMichael

Okay, just off of work.

With Celebration 25, we've seen that Mr. McPhee doesn't seem to have a problem with us EPCOT nerds getting together. Our group should be considerably smaller, so I don't see it being a problem at all.

I like the name Tomorrow's Child. It was the first thing that came to be when I came up with this whole thing. It's really fitting, especially if the song does return (as rumored). So, something like "Tomorrow's Child '07: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth" sounds good to me.

I wouldn't mind coordinating it, as long as I have help.

For EPCOT history buffs, were there any other t-shirts/designs featuring SSE besides the one on the LE T-Shirts/Guidemaps? I'm really into the whole retro thing.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I like the name Tomorrow's Child. It was the first thing that came to be when I came up with this whole thing. It's really fitting, especially if the song does return (as rumored). So, something like "Tomorrow's Child '07: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth" sounds good to me.

I wouldn't mind coordinating it, as long as I have help.

Im liking the name for the event you came up with as: #1 It sounds cool, #2 It incorporates Tomorrows Child into the title, and #3 it repeats the #1 reason....:lol:

I was kinda hoping the artwork I made up could be the official logo for the event but I most definitely leave that decision up to you. I know it doesnt have the new title on it - but it could be put on there in the custom title section.

I also got prices on lanyards - I was thinking we could do the same thing as what they did at celebration25. Im willing to help out with the finances on this part should we choose to go that way.

I would like to take an active role in helping you in any way I can. :wave:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 -
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut -
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2

EPCOT.nut

Im liking the name for the event you came up with as: #1 It sounds cool, #2 It incorporates Tomorrows Child into the title, and #3 it repeats the #1 reason....:lol:

I was kinda hoping the artwork I made up could be the official logo for the event but I most definitely leave that decision up to you. I know it doesnt have the new title on it - but it could be put on there in the custom title section.

I also got prices on lanyards - I was thinking we could do the same thing as what they did at celebration25. Im willing to help out with the finances on this part should we choose to go that way.

I don't really care about the name, but I really like the t-shirt design a LOT. I hope that does not get changed!

Can we get lanyards from the same website as the shirts? Shame on me for not going to that site yet. I have been busy and then went out late last nite with a friend. Guess I need to go and check out that site now.

OH did I already say I really like the shirt design already? Just checking!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut -
9. jvrabel - 2

Keep adding everyone!

EPCOT.nut

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 2
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
9. jvrabel - 2

Keep adding everyone!

The day of the week this falls on will directly affect who will be in my party!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

IF we got lucky and everyone coming has been to Celebration 25 we could always re-use the yellow lanyards (they were great, very easy to find other forum members) and insert new name tags with the new artwork...

What kind of pricing did you find for new ones, is it manageable?

Also... MERF! Is it possible to edit the thread title so people know what we're doing in here? That way we don't lose the history of our efforts so far :D

CaptainMichael

Horizons78 said:
Im liking the name for the event you came up with as: #1 It sounds cool, #2 It incorporates Tomorrows Child into the title, and #3 it repeats the #1 reason....

I would like to take an active role in helping you in any way I can.
K, that's two for the name:)

I like the logo alot, but would love to see some other designs also. I really like what they did on the SSE website where SSE serves as a background with the Earth kind of fading in and out on it. EpcotSpaceshipEarth.com

I know we can't get it to morph on a shirt, but maybe have a prominent SSE with a translucent outline of the Earth on it. On top of that Tomorrow's Child '07: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth. Then below-Our travels are resuming NOW at EPCOT Center.

The lanyards were very useful for identification purposes...maybe we can get sponsers like Celebration 25 did:king:

Welcome aboard.:wave:

I wish EPCOT had waffles...we could pay homage to Wafflefest:lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I honestly think you guys are blowing this out of proportion...

If you want to have a meet, do so, but a schedule and lanyards and contacting Jim MacPhee and t-shirts? That's too much.

C'mon guys, it's just reopening from a refurb. Celebrations are special because they only happen every once in a while. If everything is special then nothing is. Why don't we celebrate that it's Tuesday next week?

EPCOT.nut

If you want to have a meet, do so, but a schedule and lanyards and contacting Jim MacPhee and t-shirts? That's too much.

C'mon guys, it's just reopening from a refurb. Celebrations are special because they only happen every once in a while. If everything is special then nothing is. Why don't we celebrate that it's Tuesday next week?

:lol::lol: C-25 was like Crack, I guess. It is going to take a while to come down off that high.

I am a very low-key person & will appreciate just getting together with as many WDWMagic members as can make the SSE re-opening. I'm not real big on the "bigness" of the big get-togethers. I'm all in for whatever gets planned but I agree I would appreciate less rather than more.

I do, however, want a t-shirt! :sohappy: Whenever people start buying a design, let me know - I don't want to get one before it is finalized and then changes are made. Or maybe I do, depending upon the changes!

I do hope the SSE get-together can incorporate a gathering with alcohol involved. :D

EpcotServo

Oh come on...not like any of us WON'T be there anyway...might as well call it a meet...
:p

As a wise robot once said....

"Oh bite me, it's fun!"
-Tom Servo
:lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

I tried to say something similar to this a few pages back, but really I think it's nice to have a plan since we're all gonna be there anyway. I would think that for a group of more than say, 20 people, an itinerary would be helpful in case someone gets separated from the group. We'll be there all day anyway, might as well do stuff together.

I still like re-using the yellow lanyards just to be able to find each other better. If we have people who don't have 'em then the buttons are good, especially if they're brighter maybe.

I'm happy to go with the flow of however it turns out :wave:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 -
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut -
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -

added #10 :wave:

EpcotServo

I don't really care for the idea of using the yellow lanyards. Mine already has it's pins on and is with my collection of lanyards as my 25th Tribute...they were for the 25th, and I think they should only be for the 25th. I mean, if we just have buttons you can still tell by all the people who have EPCOT shirts...
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom