fastest/shortest travel route from animal kingdom to magic kingdom

CleveRocks

I'm assuming you're not driving yourself, that you're not looking for street directions.

The quickest way will be to take a bus from AK to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC). From there, you take a ferry or express monorail to MK.

The only other way to do it using Disney Transport is to take a bus from AK to a resort, get off at that resort, and then wait for a bus that goes from that resort to MK. But the first suggestion (above) will be the quicker of the 2.

You could always spring for a taxi, but keep in mind that the taxi will only get you as far as the TTC, and from there you'll need to take the aforementioned ferry or express monorail.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I forgot to answer how long it should take. Sit down for this one. Buses run every 20 minutes or so, meaning you could just miss a bus and have to wait 20 minutes, or you could happen upon the bus stop just as it's loading and have no wait at all. So call the wait time for the bus 0-20 minutes.

The on-the-road ride should take no longer than 15 minutes.

At the TTC, you'll have a 2 minute walk to the ferry or monorail. The monorail will be quicker, most likely. You could wait up to 10 minutes for one of those, so call the walk/wait time 2-12 minutes. The ride itself will take maybe 5 minutes.

So you're looking at anywhere from 22 to 52 minutes. And this doesn't include the walking time from the AK gate to the bus, and from the ferry/monorail to the MK gate.

Upvote 0

confuseme

Original Poster
Thanks that sounds scary. if all fails, there's a taxi. Are they all lined up in front of the park or do you need to pre-book one from the park or hotel?

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

You never need to pre-book a taxi at WDW. They are waiting just about everywhere, and if there aren't any waiting, find a CM and ask them to call one for you.

Just remember, if you are coming from AK you will need to use the TTC whether you are coming by bus or by taxi. This means that to get to MK you will need to ride the monorail or ferry.

The only way to avoid TTC is to be on a Disney Transport bus from a WDW resort. But this would take too long, too, to go from AK to a resort and then from that resort catch a bus to MK.

Upvote 0

MouseWorshipper

Honestly, the best thing to do is to rearrange your schedule. I know - it sounds terrifying. But AK to MK is one of the most convulted transportation affairs in Disney World. Besides, it it best to spend one whole day in the MK with a break in between at your hotel. AK and MGM are the better parks to split between one day because they're smaller.

Enjoy you're trip!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Honestly, the best thing to do is to rearrange your schedule. I know - it sounds terrifying. But AK to MK is one of the most convulted transportation affairs in Disney World. Besides, it it best to spend one whole day in the MK with a break in between at your hotel. AK and MGM are the better parks to split between one day because they're smaller.

Enjoy you're trip!
There are other scenarios, however. Like my most recent one, going to AK on the 4th day of my trip. My 4th day began with our second visit of the trip to MK for an early CRT breakfast and then mopping up a few things that we didn't do on our first visit. We then headed to AK after lunch, and it was an EMH night at AK.

The OP didn't mention anything about having only one day for each park or anything like that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom