Adhesives

trose61

Original Poster
What kind of adhesives do you use for your scrapbook pages?

I use a combination of things & was wondering what other people use.

I have a Xyron 500 sticker maker, which I normally love. However, I'm having problems with the cartridges and I wondered if anyone else was having that problem too.

My other favorites are:
Memories Forever Scrapbooking glue stick from WalMart - cheap and works well

Herma Dotto cartridge type thing I use this pretty often, especially for large flat things. My biggest problem with this is that I can never remember how to put the refills in and always make a mess. :lol:

Tami

Disneyfalcon

I love love love the creative memories tape runner. I don't ever want to give it up. Unfortunately I haven't really found a cm salesperson here. I really only use their tape runner. I've bought a pack of refills once since I've lived here (I bought another pack while on a trip) and the salesperson won't stop sending me things!! I hate to get her hopes up by calling her again - and I'm about out!! I don't know what I'll do!!:p

I also use glue dots a lot. They're great great for ribbon and other thick embellishments.

Coree

I use the Herma Vario for most things like photos and papers. I use glue dots for heavier things like embellishments. When necessary I'll use vellum adhesive, but have found that it still shows through the vellum so I just try to get creative with embellishment placement to hide the adhesive when working on vellum.

mouselvrmom

I too am a big fan of the creative memories tape runner. I use that exclusively for gluing pictures down. However, when I am gluing paper on paper I use a glue stick by Zyron I think. It is the blue one that you can reposition if you want. I like it because it comes in many sizes for gluing big or small things and it bonds pretty instantly. I also use it because it is cheaper than the tape runner, so I have to use less of that. :)

celticdog

Memories Forever Scrapbooking glue stick from WalMart - cheap and works well

Becareful with some of those glue sticks. After a few years, the glue may become dry and brittle which will allow your pictures to fall off the pages.

I use the tape runners, double-sided adhesive squares and 3M spray adhesive. The Girlfriend only uses Creative Memories tape runners and of course the appropriate acid-free stickers and labels.

ljs1691

I am a Tombow Mono Adhesive user mostly but I do use the Creative Memories runner too. I also like a wet glue like the Zig Glue Pen. And now that I have used glue dots (at CKU) I will be using them often. They rock!

We got a Duck runner in our goodie bags at CKU but I have not used it yet. I'm sure it is like the mono adhesive so I'd say I'll probably like it too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom