7/22/07-WelcomeHomeOKW update. (a small one)

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
Disney-MGM Studios
-The facade of Toy Story Mania is moving along. There is now a steel extension on the facade in place for the future main sign of the attraction (think fantasyland signs).
-The construction workers are hard at work during the day, working in the attraction itself. The building is pretty much done. They are about to begin, if not already beginning, installing the actual ride system.
-The Jedi Training Academy area is completely gone. They have already broken up the ground beneath the old "temporary" stage and have begun to set up the foundation. (right now, it just looks like big pieces of broken up cement with soil all around it).
-in other small and strange news, the great movie ride CM costumes will be completely changed starting in the fall...not to many peoples liking.

EPCOT
-The wand hasnt seen much action the past two days. There are small pieces gone from the main part of the wand itself, so i am guessing that is the next part to go (probably within the week). All the stars by the EPCOT signature are gone, but no other progress has been made.
-I looked into Spaceship Earth through the post show area, and it seems like all the work that is being done right now is inside the ride itself. It didnt look like any work has been done with the vehicles or within the exit area (in other words, everything looked the same).

Well, thats all i got. Ill give more updates throughout the summer, and ill try to go check out the other parks as well. :wave:

-WelcomeHome OKW

TheDisneyMagic

Hey there, thanks very much for the update, did you manage to get any pictures of the Toy Story Mania update?

What are the starts that you are refering to?

SDav10495

Disney-MGM Studios
-in other small and strange news, the great movie ride costumes will be completely changed starting in the fall...not to many peoples liking.

The...CM costumes? At first I was thinking you meant AA costumes, and was wondering what they could possibly do to change costumes that are immortalized in movies. But you're talking about the guide costumes, yes?

jt04

Disney-MGM Studios
-The facade of Toy Story Mania is moving along. There is now a steel extension on the facade in place for the future main sign of the attraction (think fantasyland signs).
-The construction workers are hard at work during the day, working in the attraction itself. The building is pretty much done. They are about to begin, if not already beginning, installing the actual ride system.
-The Jedi Training Academy area is completely gone. They have already broken up the ground beneath the old "temporary" stage and have begun to set up the foundation. (right now, it just looks like big pieces of broken up cement with soil all around it).
-in other small and strange news, the great movie ride CM costumes will be completely changed starting in the fall...not to many peoples liking.

EPCOT
-The wand hasnt seen much action the past two days. There are small pieces gone from the main part of the wand itself, so i am guessing that is the next part to go (probably within the week). All the stars by the EPCOT signature are gone, but no other progress has been made.
-I looked into Spaceship Earth through the post show area, and it seems like all the work that is being done right now is inside the ride itself. It didnt look like any work has been done with the vehicles or within the exit area (in other words, everything looked the same).

Well, thats all i got. Ill give more updates throughout the summer, and ill try to go check out the other parks as well. :wave:

-WelcomeHome OKW

So that whole "Wizard of Oz" flying monkey suit costumes rumor IS TRUE:lookaroun

TomorrowlandTyler

The Unload Control Panel was ripped out last week and there are a lot of exposed wires where it was...I took pictures Wednesday.

Piebald

Mickey Avenue looks a lot different now. I would try and take pictures but I'm too busy (read: lazy). All the trees are now gone along with some of the big posters that were on the walls of GMR (above the movie trailers where Jojo and Einsteins appeared). I would imagine the movie trailers themselves are gone but I'm not sure since I'm judging by what you can see over the wall itself and not through any holes/gaps. If you're standing by Journey into Narnia, it just looks weird and barren.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
i will try and get some "merf-style" (i.e. climbing into areas i shouldnt) pictures this week. I can't promise anything, but i will try my best.

Let's see how sneaky i can be. It looks like I am gonna have to dust off my ninja outfit (With mickey ears and all).

Disney-MGM Studios

Anyone have any idea when the new stage is scheduled to be done, or if there will be a temporary show before that? I'm going down with some kids in September that would LOVE to participate in this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom